"In tough econimic times business may...

"In tough econimic times business may find financial incentives within the city"

Posted in the Marengo Forum

what the

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2011
I was just reading an article in the Boone County Journal that states there are Economic Incentive Programs for businesses in Marengo! It is put in place to incent businesses to expand start-up or relocate to marengo. Thats excellent except:
"only general building fees associated with the construction of a new facility or building have been waived through this program."
Must have: at least 5 jobs created, wages must be more than $12/hour, and expected taxible investment more than $200,000. Basically, this is a property tax abatement.

Another fine job by Marengo, I guess what marengo needs is more buildings built, as opposed to offering incentives to fill the numerous vacant buildings already available. Oh and P.S. there is no existing budget for this program, it just means less in the coffers. Ugh where do these clowns get these great ideas? Off the back of the fruit loops box while eating morning cereal.
Mgo where

United States

#2 Jan 24, 2011
We can't fill the buildings we have now...and who has the money to build and/or build on to an existing building...How much money was spent to put this brain child together?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) 4 hr DEL WEBBER 10
Review: Wild Thyme Herb Garden (Apr '14) Jun 18 ScC 9
News Search continues for missing woman (Jun '10) Jun 2 letsolvethis 42
News Hampshire Coon Creek Country Days winds up 2015... May '16 MR BENZ 1
News Defendant: Police used excessive force (Aug '14) May '16 Bob 5
Too many Gays in Woodstock (Nov '13) Apr '16 WodstHighSchoolGa... 4
Abolish Marengo Park District Staff & The Mayor Apr '16 Gil gray 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages