2 motorcyclists killed in separate cr...

2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes in McHenry County

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 21, 2008, titled 2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes in McHenry County. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two motorcyclists were killed over the weekend in separate crashes in McHenry County, sheriff's police said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chijac8

AOL

#1 Apr 22, 2008
What more needs to be said! Motorcycles should be banned. They never go under or at the speed limit. They love to reve the engine with idleing. If they were mosquitoes, we would swat them.
parent

Marengo, IL

#2 Apr 22, 2008
banned? you mean not have the right to drive on the road? you really want to start enforcing laws as to what you are allowed to drive now?

What happened to a free country,, pshhhhhhh idiot
DevilishD

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 22, 2008
" It was my uncle who died in the accident. But there are no accidents in life I believe. People are just careless in general. All I can say, is that you have taken a wonderful man from us, he will always be in our hearts with his memory. But as for the persons at fault, all I have to say,'I hope you can live with yourself, for you "KILLED A MAN", and he wasn't a bad man, if you meet him, you'd think he was awesome, and be glad to know him.
"
I'd like to also add, that "Karma is a *ITCH!" I might still be grieving, but I know that, things happen for a reason. Maybe not now, and not later, but soon. The people at hand, will either realize, or hopefully feel the same way The Lizcano, The Lizcano-Alvarez, and The Lizcano-Marriot Family feels here and now. Hopefully one day they'll feel the same pain, and people will think twice on what they do. "For Ever Action There is A Reaction" -Newton's Third Law "
Ivan Lizcano, came from a family of nine children. A younger brother to my mother. As I write this now, I remember all the things he has done or have said that I took as a learning experinence. The words to a youthful girl, have been taken to heart and are still there. I'll miss him...but i'll always remember him.
DevilishD

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 22, 2008
As a Police officer, and a Army Vet. Safety was a priority to him. He always wore his helmet. He was driving safetly, so why werent' the other two?
MADD LIES

Lake Zurich, IL

#5 Apr 22, 2008
This would be a good time to strengthen some laws in Illinois. It seems if you kill someone by driving inattentively, you will not be charged with a crime.

Add one sip of cold medicine to the driver that was rear ended and, in turn, caused the death of the biker, it becomes 100% the cold medicine consumers fault and she gets charged with reckless homicide.

What a joke Illinois laws are. You can serve years in prison for having been arrested with a measurable amount of some substance in your blood AND not causing an accident, yet when there is no substance in a person's blood and a person is killed, a crash is determined to be an accident.

Guess what prohibitionist group with their tear jerking stories and slick marketing gets those bad laws passed?

Someone should go to jail for this death - regardless of substances (or not) in their blood.
Sad

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2008
Chijac8 wrote:
What more needs to be said! Motorcycles should be banned. They never go under or at the speed limit. They love to reve the engine with idleing. If they were mosquitoes, we would swat them.
That's a silly argument for multiple reasons. If you took all vehicles off the road that exceeded the speed limit, you'd have empty roads. It's often more dangerous to go under the speed limit than over it. It's extremely unlikely that all motorcyclists never go at or below the speed limit. The problem in the first accident was the sudden appearance of a car crossing over into the wrong lane - not the motorcyclist.
gonzo

Eden Prairie, MN

#10 Apr 22, 2008
since im getting blocked in my language let me just say that some of these comments are absolutely ridculous. A family has lost a father, husband, son and uncle and all you can ask is if they were legal citizens? Take a deep look into yourself and judge what kind of person who are to ask a question like that when some one has died. This kind of ignorance is the reason why death and violence seem like no big deal and has claimed innocent victims lives.
Chey

Eden Prairie, MN

#11 Apr 22, 2008
DR Rood and Chica make no sense at all and should make sure they make ANY sense before they post idiotic comments!! It is not necessary to post stupid comments for my Uncle lost his life from this tragic accident, and forever will be missed. R.I.P. Uncle Ivan and I love you!
ROSA

Cicero, IL

#12 Apr 22, 2008
I am Ivan LIzcano's Daughter, and for you information , MY DAD WAS A LEGAL CITIZEN OF AMERICA!

SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ENOUGH WITH THE IDIOTIC STATMENTS AND QUESTIONS!

AND HE WAS WEARING HIS HELMET!
Lupe

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2008
ROSA wrote:
I am Ivan LIzcano's Daughter, and for you information , MY DAD WAS A LEGAL CITIZEN OF AMERICA!
SO I WOULD APPRECIATE ENOUGH WITH THE IDIOTIC STATMENTS AND QUESTIONS!
AND HE WAS WEARING HIS HELMET!
I would just like to send my most sincere condolences to the Lizcano Family. You are in my prayers.
Philip Novak

AOL

#14 Apr 22, 2008
I was Ivan's coworker and all of us are and always have been the safest drivers whether in a car or on the motorcycles. Ivan did nothing wrong but his life has come to an end because of a careless AUTOMOBILE driver who wasn't paying attention and rear ended the car that killed Ivan.
Madre Foca

Skokie, IL

#16 Apr 23, 2008
I send my most sincere condolences to the Lizcano Family... Ivan "is" a good man with a big heart. Although, I knew him for a short time--he left a lasting impression. He is in my prayers.
mama maria

Frankfort, IL

#17 Apr 23, 2008
Chijac8 wrote:
I am not sure why my original comment was deleted but I hope that Chijac8 had a chance to see it. Again, a person that has these kind of comments should think twice before posting them. Do you have a family? I hope nothing like this happens to you because as they say "What goes around comes around". Do you realize how cruel these comments are? Ivan was a wonderful dad and a devoted husband and you SIR are an IDIOT
steve

Cicero, IL

#18 Apr 24, 2008
I had the good fortune to work with Ivan at skokie shops a few years ago. I had the greatest respect for him. He was a man of tremendous character. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family.
D Money

Roseville, MI

#19 Apr 24, 2008
DevilishD wrote:
" It was my uncle who died in the accident. But there are no accidents in life I believe. People are just careless in general. All I can say, is that you have taken a wonderful man from us, he will always be in our hearts with his memory. But as for the persons at fault, all I have to say,'I hope you can live with yourself, for you "KILLED A MAN", and he wasn't a bad man, if you meet him, you'd think he was awesome, and be glad to know him.
"
I'd like to also add, that "Karma is a *ITCH!" I might still be grieving, but I know that, things happen for a reason. Maybe not now, and not later, but soon. The people at hand, will either realize, or hopefully feel the same way The Lizcano, The Lizcano-Alvarez, and The Lizcano-Marriot Family feels here and now. Hopefully one day they'll feel the same pain, and people will think twice on what they do. "For Ever Action There is A Reaction" -Newton's Third Law "
Ivan Lizcano, came from a family of nine children. A younger brother to my mother. As I write this now, I remember all the things he has done or have said that I took as a learning experinence. The words to a youthful girl, have been taken to heart and are still there. I'll miss him...but i'll always remember him.
Many condolences to you and your family. Your comments, however, are completely ridiculous.

How is it the person's fault that they got rear ended and slid into the intersection?

If the rear ender was drunk, high, illegal, suspended DL, then perhaps they should be charged with a crime, but if its an average law abiding citizen - IT WAS AN ACCIDENT and nothing more.

Driving a motorcycle is a MAJOR risk, helmet, leather jacket, knee pads, elbow pads or other.

I am sure the drivers of the cars feel badly that they were parties in a fatal accident. Your attacks will not help the situation.

I suggest you spend some time grieving your Uncle and perhaps remembering all of the good times - rather than projecting bad thoughts to those involved in the ACCIDENT.
Zorica

Carol Stream, IL

#22 Apr 29, 2008
DevilishD wrote:
"
I had the pleasure to meet your Uncle and know him for 8 years..... My condolences go out to u and your family. It was a Honor to know him...... He was ALL ABOUT SAFTEY!!! He will be missed but NEVER EEVER FORGOTTEN!!! [email protected]
Letticia

Hammond, IN

#23 May 1, 2008
Chijac8 wrote:
Chijac8: It is just amazing how you can trivialize the death of human being. My uncle Ivan, who taught me to drive manual transmission years ago, Always made safety and driving defensively a priority. What one may question is the carelessness of the driver who rear-ended the car that ended my uncle's life. One can only speculate what That driver was doing (ie. talking on the phone, fumbling with the radio, applying lipstick, etc etc) who did not realize there was a car in the road ahead of her! We should all reflect on the careless things we do as we drive every day...a few seconds of poor judgement can cost someone their life! We have lost an officer of the law, an army vet, a role model for all of what it means to be an honest, hard-working, man of character.
Marengo Parent

Marengo, IL

#24 May 2, 2008
Isnt it amazing that everyone who dies was an AMAZING wonderful role model, perfect person?

LOL always gets me..
Letticia

Hammond, IN

#25 May 2, 2008
Marengo Parent wrote:
Isnt it amazing that everyone who dies was an AMAZING wonderful role model, perfect person?
LOL always gets me..
What's amazing is how you felt compelled to write a comment that is both unnecessary and idiotic. Perhaps you are related to chijac8. You can only hope that when you pass, someone will have something nice to say about you! Save your juvenile and asinine comments for a chat room, "Parent".
Rosa Lizcano

Cicero, IL

#28 Apr 13, 2009
Love you Dad, and you are missed dearly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is the Kave bar Closed (Mar '13) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 4
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug 11 FriendlyBeever 11
News Grasser, John J. (Jan '14) Aug 7 Bob 2
Tammy Bussell (Apr '09) Jul '16 Tammy 2
News Woodstock man charged after allegedly harrassin... Jul '16 Worried 1
News Girl in good condition after being hit by vehic... Jul '16 Anon 1
Review: Wild Thyme Herb Garden (Apr '14) Jun '16 ScC 9

Marengo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages