Eleven-year-old boy bitten by shark at Marco Island

Full story: WOFL

Marco Island authorities say an eleven-year-old tourist was cut on his right hand and thigh after a reported shark attack.
Comments
41 - 45 of 45 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me to stop swimming in the ocean.
You know Iíll be honest with you Frank; it isnít the safest place to swim. However the majority of those sharks listed are pretty much harmless.
SmokeyJoe

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

I've always maintained that you drop a couple of rungs on the food chain when you step off the beach into the water. Heck, mosquitoes eat you a little at a time.
Emily

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Sharks don't mean to kill people. They think where food and eat what's in the water and your in the water sometimes. They don't go out and say I want to kill a boy today. Your in THEIR territory. Never say you want to shoot one of gods animals. Just make sure that when your in the water that your aware of anything that can happen. Also don't wear jewlerly and don't go in if your bleeding or make to much splashing or motion. And never go in alone. Just be safe.
Emaly

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Why would you say that you want to shoot sharks and just kill them? There sharks yes they kill and hurt people but what do they know?! They eat what is in the ocean!!! For you to say that you want to shoot all of the sharks is saying that you want to shoot all the people that have ever killed a pig, or cow because they where hungry? Have respect for sharks they are beautiful and amazing creatures and when you startle or scare them they WILL bite you and hurt/ or kill you. Just don't be to startled or move a lot and if you don't bother them they wont bother you. So shame on you for saying you want to shoot sharks! And yes you did just got burned by a 11 year old so Blahhhh!
yernogood

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Anthony Santiago wrote:
Its a shame that the people in charge make so little of shark bites in Fl. Florida has more shark attacks then any place in the world,also more deaths.We all know thats it bad business to have all this news .But it seems that money means more to some then a life.I fish for shark everyday for 4mo.here in FL. and catch avg. 3sharks a day from 4ft to 6 ft plus. but hook many over 8or 10 ft long but they just break the line or poles.and fish only about 10 to 40 ft off shore on Tiger Tail beach.people should know whats there and make there own minds about going in or letting there children in.I go in every day and have never been bite,BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.Enjoy but be carful.
Where the hell do you get your information? Florida has MORE shark attacks than any place in the world? Good grief man..go to sleep will you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Marco Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marco Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marco Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE