First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Naples, FL

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Why is the so called "paradise" they call Naples so racially divided and who is it a paradise for ?
Julio

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Why is the so called "paradise" they call Naples so racially divided and who is it a paradise for ?
It is paradise compared to other places. Show us somewhere that isn't somehow segregated by race or income in some way/

Would you rather be a minority in Naples or Newark?
wondering

Naples, FL

#3 Sep 2, 2012
I would rather all of us be color blind.
Holy Ghost

Ruston, LA

#4 Sep 2, 2012
wondering wrote:
I would rather all of us be color blind.
The color of our skin isn't the real reason for most peoples' racist thoughts.

Did you mean deaf, dumb, and blind to behaviors that bug us about people who are different in some way?

Most of us just don't take the time to put ourselves in the shoes of others before we think bad thoughts or react in a negative manner towards others.

The best news about racism is that it is less accepted now than it was fifty years ago. It might take another 100 years for it to vanish.
Bill

New Castle, IN

#5 Sep 26, 2012
I think the plantet of the apes has taken over, Think about it?
Liana

New York, NY

#6 Apr 24, 2013
"I think the plantet of the apes has taken over, Think about it?"

Wow. I hope you are the neighborhood wacko and in no way represent the mentality of the people in Naples. Since my family is seriously considering a move to Naples, I'd appreciate some objective feedback about actual race relations in Naples.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#8 Apr 26, 2013
Liana wrote:
"I think the plantet of the apes has taken over, Think about it?"
Wow. I hope you are the neighborhood wacko and in no way represent the mentality of the people in Naples. Since my family is seriously considering a move to Naples, I'd appreciate some objective feedback about actual race relations in Naples.
Coming from NY ,this place should be paradise for you.

I came from the DC area and have never looked back.

If you have any questions post back.
NaplesBoost

Goodland, FL

#9 Apr 30, 2013
If there are divisions then we need to continue to work towards bridging the gap as citizens.
Miaminative305Br azil

Tampa, FL

#10 May 20, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Naples is VERY racist.

Miami >>>>>>> >>>>>> Naples by ten thousand miles.

&li st=PLIGlm2N_tijthIKKC3_2ACMhx9 pHSW4tX
Miaminative305Br azil

Tampa, FL

#11 May 20, 2013
U gotta be kidding me wrote:
There is no racism is this great nation. Look in the White House.
Have you been to naples? Please.
Liana

New York, NY

#12 May 25, 2013
Miaminative305Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been to naples? Please.
I'm pretty sure this comment was meant to be ironic.
GOD BLESSES SOUTH FLORIDA

Zephyrhills, FL

#13 Sep 7, 2013
Liana wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure this comment was meant to be ironic.
nope I went to naples for two weeks it only took that amount of time to realize how backwards and racist the place was/still is, God forbid some gorgeous Adriana Lima type or Megan Fox type goes for a stroll through a Naples mall or church they (the racist, close minded, petty, un-Godly, jealous, spiritual midgets) would all die of jealousy and raging hate. Never stepping foot in that "city" ever again, look up the population difference between collier county and Broward county/Dade county there are only about 300,000 people in the entire Collier County area combined (65% non Hispanic Caucasians ) while Broward county has almost 2 MILLION residents of all different races and ethnic backgrounds, most people are bilingual and travel extensively and have been to more than five US cities before the age of 10, miami is known as the gateway to South America, celebrities have homes in South Florida everyone from Selena Gomez to Nina Dobrev to Adriana Lima to you name it all love to vacation in south beach, Palm beach county has almost 2 million residents as well and Miami Dade is overflowing with people off ALL different Hispanic, Caribbean, Caucasian, European, Asian backgrounds since the 70s/80s. Miami heat >Naples anything. Miami weather > naples anything. Miami women> naples women. Miami models still in their early 20s by the thousands living in south florida > naples cranky, rude, pompous seniors who are mostly transplants from northern states mostly the very racist Midwestern states and middle America states (no wonder they're so racist, close minded, and mistakenly think they're so much better than everyone else= they lived their entire lives in states with less than 10 million people and "cities" with less than 1million people. They don't know any better! They don't know that places like South beach, La jolla, Malibu, LA are flooded to the brim with gorgeous 10s and millionaires even occasional billionaires every single day of the year, so the snobs of Cowtown, Ohio retire to naples and think they're somebodies when in reality they're just delusional they're probably the same people who spend all their time on white supremacy websites like stormfront)
I'm just glad south florida is so multi-racial and open minded, it acts like a filter and keeps all of the racists running for the hills when they visit the area for vacation and see how many "minorities" live in the the beautiful areas of South Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Palm beach :) they never come back and the people who stay are the ones are who open minded, happy and beautiful on the inside and out or at the very least they pretend to be which is more than I can say about the delusional and mistakenly pompous people of naples who will mostly die soon of old age anyway!(despite the road rage and crime in Miami beach I see south florida as one of the happiest places on Earth next to Hawaii)
Thank God for SouthEAST Florida
GOD BLESSES SOUTH FLORIDA

Zephyrhills, FL

#14 Sep 7, 2013
I say "minorities" with quotations because when you look at the world population the continent of Asia makes up about 65% of the worlds population and the rest is South American, African, Canadian etc and then America where the biggest cities have non Hispanic Caucasian populations that are less than 50% which makes them the minority in 90% of all of the big cities and counties of the US - Honolulu, Miami, LA, NY etc look it up on quickfacts the government census website in not making up any of these FACTS.
God bless America, Hispanic births are now the majority births for the first time in the US in 2012 and Asian immigration is the greatest % of all immigrants coming in to the US It is finally the end of racist white America
SoutheastFLBEST

Tampa, FL

#15 Sep 20, 2013
GOD BLESSES SOUTH FLORIDA wrote:
I say "minorities" with quotations because when you look at the world population the continent of Asia makes up about 65% of the worlds population and the rest is South American, African, Canadian etc and then America where the biggest cities have non Hispanic Caucasian populations that are less than 50% which makes them the minority in 90% of all of the big cities and counties of the US - Honolulu, Miami, LA, NY etc look it up on quickfacts the government census website in not making up any of these FACTS.
God bless America, Hispanic births are now the majority births for the first time in the US in 2012 and Asian immigration is the greatest % of all immigrants coming in to the US It is finally the end of racist white America
Here is a chart to back that up

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
SoutheastFLBEST

Tampa, FL

#16 Sep 20, 2013
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/13/18...

Whoever voted "clueless" on that comment above, here are the FACTS. kkk can burn in hell :) God bless America!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 21, 2013
I am going to reveal to you seven words that would have changed our
lives.
With these words you will have a new understanding of issues you have
contemplated at length.
If these words were spoken years ago we would have entirely different
influences in music and movies, and language.
.... we would have a much smaller national deficit.
.... we would have had far less turmoil in America.
.... we would have all of our great cities prospering as well as the
small towns.
.... we would have had less debt in government
.... we would have far less violence and have far less need for gun
control.
And those words are:

"We should have picked our own cotton."

Don't Tread On Me

#18 Sep 21, 2013
Bela Pelosi wrote:
I am going to reveal to you seven words that would have changed our
lives.
With these words you will have a new understanding of issues you have
contemplated at length.
If these words were spoken years ago we would have entirely different
influences in music and movies, and language.
.... we would have a much smaller national deficit.
.... we would have had far less turmoil in America.
.... we would have all of our great cities prospering as well as the
small towns.
.... we would have had less debt in government
.... we would have far less violence and have far less need for gun
control.
And those words are:
"We should have picked our own cotton."
We did not pick our own cotton , so deal with it.
fista cuffs

Kewanee, IL

#19 Sep 23, 2013
good point...

Don't Tread On Me

#21 Sep 25, 2013
SoutheastFLBEST wrote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_new s/2013/06/13/18934111-census-w hite-majority-in-us-gone-by-20 43?lite
Whoever voted "clueless" on that comment above, here are the FACTS. kkk can burn in hell :) God bless America!
you're clueless.
donnie

Atlanta, GA

#22 Nov 12, 2013
naples suck s anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marco Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 8 min VET 2,146
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 8 hr Liberal forever 2,989
Why Dictators Make Good Bosses (Dec '11) 11 hr What The Heck 43
Debate: Immigration - Naples, FL (May '10) Tue Go Blue Forever 41
Anything worse than a Smarzzie? (Apr '08) Mon fista cuffs 2,373
Gang of bears caught playing in family's swimmi... (Dec '13) Sep 29 NWAC 70
Turning back time, Naples officials buy a 1922 ... (Nov '07) Sep 29 NWAC 214
Marco Island Dating
Find my Match

Marco Island Jobs

Marco Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marco Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marco Island