A rare ghost orchid is spotted in Cor...

A rare ghost orchid is spotted in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in ...

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 12, 2007, titled A rare ghost orchid is spotted in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

NAPLES A rare ghost orchid has been found growing high in an old cypress tree in a southwest Florida nature preserve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

rick

Clearwater, FL

#1 Jul 12, 2007
I found this aon aol post, someone needs to investigate this guy and have him arrested. I beieve it is illegal to remove ghost orchids. here is his post from Aol news.
Acknumbers 12:08:58 PM Jul 12 2007

thats actually only a few hours from my house....its no longer there...we went last night and carefully removed, transplanting it into a three gallon bucket......interested buyers can go to "wolverinemarketing" on ebay and place a bid.......you can also see my baseball cards for sale....if it doesnt show up in my listings, simply contact me....thanks....john wharry
Acknumbers 12:08:54 PM Jul 12 2007

thats actually only a few hours from my house....its no longer there...we went last night and carefully removed, transplanting it into a three gallon bucket......interested buyers can go to "wolverinemarketing" on ebay and place a bid.......you can also see my baseball cards for sale....if it doesnt show up in my listings, simply contact me....thanks....john wharry
BOB

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jul 12, 2007
Extra Extra read all about it!
Kathy Trahan

Clearwater, FL

#3 Jul 14, 2007
I have seen Ghost Oorchids in Port Richey in the wooded area behind C______ Restaurant not knowing of it's status! trhnkthy@yahoo.com
mee

Elgin, IL

#4 Jul 15, 2007
wow
kathy

Norfolk, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2007
errie
debbie

Surabaya, Indonesia

#6 Jul 17, 2007
It's good tp see endanger species have benn well. It would be nice if the park can multiple them so that it can be spread over.
ivone

Jakarta, Indonesia

#7 Jul 17, 2007
Very...very beautiful orchids
John W

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Aug 21, 2007
I have a few decent photo's of this orchid if anyone wants to see it. All I had to shoot it was my Nikon D200, a Nikon AF-I 300mm f/2.8 with a Nikon 1.4x teleconverter. I wish I had a 600mm f/4

I might go back tomorrow to see if there are anymore blooms. It's only 15 min. from my house.
John W

Fort Myers, FL

#9 Aug 21, 2007
By the way, I think we counted 12 blooms today.
Mannie

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#10 Dec 20, 2007
Great blooms
GFYS

Cape Coral, FL

#11 Dec 25, 2007
speaking of blooms, smarzzie/mannie/edith, youre a blooming idiot
SubOne

United States

#12 Dec 25, 2007
You are losing your ability to make anything sound ugly because you keep using the same two or three ugly words or phrases over and over again.

Orchids have real beauty.

Smarzzie is making things ugly and vulgar.
Prem

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Jan 16, 2009
You can find out even more about the ghost orchid (including photos from the Corkscrew Swamp Ghost Orchid) at the following site:
http://www.flnativeorchids.com/natives_galler...
---Prem
BJA

Wesley Chapel, FL

#14 Jan 31, 2009
I would love to see your photos of the Ghost orchid. Also view one in the wild in its natural habitat.
brianx2004x@aol.com
John W wrote:
I have a few decent photo's of this orchid if anyone wants to see it. All I had to shoot it was my Nikon D200, a Nikon AF-I 300mm f/2.8 with a Nikon 1.4x teleconverter. I wish I had a 600mm f/4
I might go back tomorrow to see if there are anymore blooms. It's only 15 min. from my house.
BJA

Wesley Chapel, FL

#15 Jan 31, 2009
John I would love to se your photos of a ghost orchid. Also would like to view one in its natural habitat
Brian

brianx2004x@aol.com
Mannie

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2012
GFYS wrote:
speaking of blooms, smarzzie/mannie/edith, youre a blooming idiot
nwac gfys
NWAC

Fort Myers, FL

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Mannie wrote:
<quoted text>
nwac gfys
No, you gfys idiot boy
BadIdea

Goodland, FL

#20 May 14, 2013
i remember this
Mannie

Los Angeles, CA

#21 May 14, 2013
BadIdea wrote:
i remember this
And what is the point of your mindless comment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marco Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man arrested after authorities say he stole $50... (Jan '08) Jan 20 General Robert E Lee 120
why is naples full of rich snobs and spoiled br... (Feb '07) Jan 14 General Robert E Lee 344
Review: Brookes Legacy Animal Rescue (Nov '08) Jan 9 Anonymous 74
Francis Rooney Jan 8 RuffnReddy 12
News Modern Christianity out of step with Christ's t... (Apr '08) Jan 7 The Laughing Axe 23
News How families in Florida would be impacted by th... Dec 31 Rev Don Wildmoan 5
News Where to Eat in Naples and Marco Island (Jun '17) Dec 31 turney 3

Marco Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marco Island Mortgages