Some approve of pot legalization for tax revenue

Sep 27, 2010 Full story: SalemNews.com, Salem, MA

Should marijuana use be legal in Massachusetts? That polarizing question will be posed on the November ballot in Salem, Marblehead and Swampscott.

Full Story
cashie and doanie

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Oct 4, 2010
legalize it
Rocky115

Worcester, MA

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Might as well legalize it. Then the cops won't get theres free anymore from the kids they take it from. But they should put it under the same catagory as alchol. Like for driveing under the influance. I also think if they don't now they should do random screen test on police. By a company that has nothing to do with the city of course. You may even see a fewer smiley Judges too LOL
PurpleHaze

Marblehead, MA

#3 Oct 4, 2010
LEGALIZE IT!!!! Whats the problem
Swampscott dentist

Boston, MA

#4 Apr 19, 2011
Legalize it - the lesson should be clear since the failure of Prohibition.

The state can gain revenue for treatment and anti-drug campaigns, the profits of crime would be eliminated (hence the burdens of gangs, violence, prisons, and policing reduced)...whoever wishes to sell, must apply for a license.

We have seen how effective anti-smoking campaigns have been in the last 15 years. Just think back of the early 1990s, before the tobacco companies were sued ... the incidence of smoking was so much higher. What changed since then? Tobacco must carry a warning in every package, and some of the settlement money has gone into effective advertising.

The main obstacles to legalization, I think, are:(1) the police and correctional officers' organizations (70% of inmates are in for personal possession),(2) seedy banks (which launder $800 billion/year of drug money at great profit),(3) CIA (which has one of the largest airplane fleets and uses the profits of transporting drugs to finance black ops without having to ask Congress for appropriations),(4) demagogue politicians who prey on the electorate's ignorance to sound tough on drugs, get votes, keep their jobs, caring little for the damage of the war on drugs.
RevBawneyFwankfo oter

Easthampton, MA

#5 Apr 22, 2011
I agwwe, we must wegalize it. I'm sick uv hiding fwum da helicopters inda fall. Grow yoar own, it tastes better, amung udder fings!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marblehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saugus town managers dismissal 22 hr Surprise 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Review: Affordable Concrete Cutting (May '12) Sep 11 Peter Simmons 8
Burger King Homo Pick-Up Aug 29 Just Curious 6
Review: Mindy Nails Aug 20 Erin 1
Have the Auto Mechanic Come to You with The Dri... Aug 19 Eugene Dean 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
•••

Marblehead News Video

•••
•••

Marblehead Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marblehead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marblehead News, Events & Info