Election: Tim Cassidy seeks office in...

Election: Tim Cassidy seeks office in the town he knows intimately

There are 1 comment on the Swampscott Reporter story from Sep 25, 2007, titled Election: Tim Cassidy seeks office in the town he knows intimately. In it, Swampscott Reporter reports that:

“Unfortunately, with the tax rate getting higher all the time, it's harder and harder for people to live here. Some of that's unavoidable, but selectmen can do something about it as well.”

Tim Cassidy knows Swampscott as well as anyone, he points out. Cassidy notes that his family has been in town since before it was, well, before it was Swampscott. via Swampscott Reporter

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Swampscott Reporter.

A vote against Cassidy

Salem, MA

#1 Sep 26, 2007
Cassidy says that his family has been in town since before it was. Evidence please? Just because you say it, does not make it true.

Cassidy still has not even earned his college degree! His opponent has a background in economics from an ivy league university. She is just what the town needs in having a selectperson, who can think more than a few weeks ahead.

He claims he was against the purchase of the Temple. Yet his own brother, who he wants to replace as Selectman, demanded that the Temple hurry up and sell it to the town, or he (former Selectman Cassidy) would seize it by eminent domain! I wonder whether the former selectman would seize a church by eminent domain. The Temple was sold to the town at about half of what is was worth and now the town stands to make a lot of money, if it resells the Temple.

In my opinion, the town has had enough of this family. Being a Selectperson is not hereditary.

They have plenty of skeletons in their closet - such as the police lieutenant brother, who was apparently arrested before his DUI arrest in Vermont. Yet, he never lost his pistol permit, while a military policman - who wanted a job in town, against the will of the Chief, lost his pistol permit, and in turn lost his job as a military policeman. They seem to play hardball against people that they do not like! It is understandable that one sees only a handfull of Cassidy signs around town - and not a single one for his opponent. Indeed, I have not heard of one place that he was available for question and answer, unlike his opponent. People in town seem to fear retaliation from this powerful family.

Just this past year, three young people on the right side of the tracks, near the ocean, had a bomb (they were making) blow up in front of them. As I recall, Detective Cassidy was quoted as saying these were "good kids"! If they were good kids, why were they building a bomb? Kids build rockets, or electronic gadgets, for a science fair, but why were these kids building a bomb? Of course we never learned why, because like most things of this nature in town, it seems to have been covered up.

Finally, Cassidy seems to have split feelings about the unions accepting State GIC insurance, even though it will save the town and the unions, hundreds of thousands of dollars. It seems the unions are demanding that the town share their savings with the union. This is simply a greedy union shakedown in my opinion, and demonstrates why the unions have so little support among townspeople. And Cassidy seems to have mixed feelings. Is his loyalty to his colleagues in the unions or to the taxpayer-voters of the town.

Let this election mark the end of the reign of the Cassidys. Give new and more capable the opportunity to serve and to get the town out of the fiscal crisis it is in - every single year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marblehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retirement Shock: Need to Find a Job After 40 Y... Mon PGO 1
Rats issie in Saugus, MA Apr 20 Everett resident 2
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Apr 19 Cassie lav 72
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... (Apr '17) Apr 19 Mariosucks 5
News Lynn woman charged with prostitution again (Mar '08) Apr 11 Jasen walsh the slam 14
Gay text/k..k (Jan '15) Mar 27 Bjorn1969 3
Eric burdon and the animals Mar '18 Eric 1

Marblehead Jobs

Personal Finance

Marblehead Mortgages