marblehillian

Fenton, MO

#1 Nov 19, 2008
Please pray for the the Cole Benfield family. He was taken from this world way to soon.
wow

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Nov 19, 2008
its a sad situation. he was a good kid!...does anyone know how it happened?
Dani

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2008
Knowing first hand the heartache and pain of losing a child, this entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers. If anyone knows the family personally, please let them know about this sight, I would like to offer any help or encouragement I can. BTW, my son was Aaron McKinney killed 10-31-04.
PuckerString

Roy, WA

#4 Nov 20, 2008
wow wrote:
its a sad situation. he was a good kid!...does anyone know how it happened?
The paper said that he was on his way to early BB practice. He lost control of his truck and was killed. God bless everyone grieving this too short life.
acquaintance

Micanopy, FL

#5 Nov 22, 2008
A mighty fine young man, shame to lose him. God bless his family and comfort them in their loss. I would like to mention the awesome support of the Marble Hill community during this monumental loss. I am proud to be a member of such a loving, caring place. Love is a rare thing these days in individuals, much less an entire community. Marble Hillians you are all great folks. May you never need our community in such a way, but if you ever have a need rest assured...there are people who care and will be there for you, too. God Bless all.
Pray

Fenton, MO

#6 Nov 23, 2008
We need to lift his family in prayer....I have 3 sons and dont want to even think of losing them....I lost a brother several years ago...he was very young.....a part of me died with him....
Carmen Jo Faries

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Nov 29, 2008
Cole was one of the sweetest people i know me and cole told secrets often and were always there when needed. I just wanna let coles mom and dad know that they had an amazing son that got along with everyone and was very outgoing. cole i will always love you.

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2009
It has been a couple months since Cole left us but we think about him everyday and he will always be in our hearts. He was an amazing person and it was an honor growing up with him. We love and miss you Cole. You will always be with us!
friend of cole

United States

#9 Feb 2, 2009
if there was a way to show how much i miss cole still, i would but i know i always think of him in my heart and coles parents they're very sweet and very respective to everyone. I love you and miss you very much cole.
coles mom

Independence, KS

#10 Apr 29, 2009
its so nice to hear wonderful things that people said about cole! i didnt realize cole had so many good friends!marble hill people, your GREAT!cole is deeply missed,and appreciate for everyone that has us in their prayers.as the weeks go by it gets harder, as of this day april 29,its been 23 wks.coles dad and i had coles truck set out at my brothers warhouse for ARRIVE WEEK and alot of friends signed it!the main reason we had it set out was for other kids and people to realize what speeding can do to you,and take your life in a second.all i can say is my kids are my life,and i will never know how cole was speeding that morning of nov.19 2008 and hit those 2 trees and utility pole and cory chapman racing with him and him going on to school telling the coach he(cole) was alright.well, cory he wasnt.and the sad thing is,it hasnt slowed you down! what are you waiting for babe? another race to school? well, be careful,cause the tickets are DOUBLED!
Missing Him

Columbia, MO

#11 May 18, 2009
Gaylene. Its Jessica Spencer. I miss your son so much. and i am so sorry u had to go through this. Cole was a GREAT friend and i will never ever forget him or his AMAZING smile. I love you so much cole and i miss you buddy. U will NEVER EVER be forgotten. Gaylene u will always be in my thoughts and in my prayers. again i love you Cole. I will see u again someday. Love u buddy.
we all miss him

United States

#12 May 19, 2009
We all miss COLE BENFIELD. We all loved him and everyone who knew him did. He was greatly missed throughout baseball and basketball seasons. There was nevr a day we did not pray for our Cole. There is not a day i dont think about him. I miss him every day. Cole i will ALWAYS remember you and i will never forget you. I LOVE YOU MAN.
friend of cole -cassie-

United States

#13 Jul 1, 2009
I dont get this town...they lose a very terrific friend like cole. and they still speed, dont wear seatbelts, race, and do stupid things....i thank gaylene and eddie so much for letting us see coles truck, i tried to go out there everyday to pray and to remember those things cole said or did, why did it have to be him it seems the "GOOD DIE YOUNG" and cole was a angel in an hansome body, he'd tried to help every one he could and he always like the attintion at school and in town. I only knew him for about 3-4weeks and I WISH i would have knew him more he made me laught and stay out of trouble(most of the time) and the things we talk about on the phone or at school was hillarous, i think about cole every day and every time i think of something he would do or try. Gaylene and eddie, every time i see yens you have a smile on your face. and it makes me happy to see two loving people that are loved and welcomed everywhere i love you guys both and i will ALWAYS remember cole and yens in my prayers see you guys soon...
tony

Park Hills, MO

#14 Jul 23, 2009
when i woke up that morning to my mom telling me the worst news i could hear, i just bawled and couldnt move. cole and i always would ride around town and go hang out at our friends house. we played baseball together for 5 years and i loved every minute of it. even when he hit a homerun during practice and smiled at the camera and said, u better have got that. lol. i miss him so much and i am so sorry gaylene and eddie, i really am. one day you all will be together again. cole, i love you man, and cant wait to throw the baseball with you again in heaven.
JessicaSpencer

United States

#15 Aug 11, 2010
Hey Cole! I just wanted to say that I love you soooo very much and i misssss u sooooo very much and i talk to you every night before i go to sleep! I write on your facebook wall from time to time. There isnt a day that goes by that i dont think of you. I know when i had my wreck you and my grandpa were watching over me. thanks buddy! I kno if i would have passed away you would have been at the pearly gates waiting to give me a big hug but I thank you, grandpa, and GOD everyday that i didnt. I wish u would have been at graduation with us cole. I miss not having you to talk to cause you and Sheldon were my BEST guy friends and i could tell you BOTH about anything and everything. U even told me about all your silly girl problems. lol I miss you cole. and i just want to say thanks for being such a GREAT friend all those years and u still are cause i still talk to you about everything cause i know ur looking down on ALL of us listening. and not a DAY will go by that i wont think of you. I love you man! will ya give my niece a kiss for me, and tell her that her aunt loves her very much! and I love you very much cole aka SUPERMAN!

Until we meet again,
Jessica Spencer
candy speth

United States

#16 Oct 15, 2011
that was a tragic day..one i witnessed to personally. i was first on scene. i hope all kids learn from that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marble Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 19 hr Politico 965
Selling house And 20 acres (Nov '16) Fri Interested 6
Daelin crass and Kaytlin mifflin Thu hmm 2
Searching for Amanda Womack May 24 Guest 2 3
Police dept? May 24 Yep 5
Susan Hayden May 24 Shrumpue 1
Marble Hill, Pool, Cars and other (Jul '10) May 22 Guest 37

Marble Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marble Hill Mortgages