Aspen a common target for con artists

Full story: Vail Daily News

With a long trail of civil suits leading back to California, Peter Frommer arrived in Aspen in December and allegedly wrote a string of bad checks that led to his arrest.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of877
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

Judged:

Peter's quotes are almost laughable, but no one here in California is laughing much. His promises to pay are empty and fraudulent...much like his conscience. He is clinically pathological in the truest sense of the word. He has STOLEN millions of dollars from people here, with absolutely NO remorse. He also quotes he feels badly for the investors in California who lost out on Real Estate investments. Total B.S., he gave out more than 30 2nd trust deeds on his own upside down property, to people unaware that he had already done the same thing to dozens of others. If he can put his money where his mouth is and pay people back! Or at least contact them to try and make it right, that would make him remorseful, but he won't do it. He is the biggest scum con artists and he belongs in jail ~ Period!Bad checks? Hmmm, there's a ton of them here, some as high as $100K each. He has sent fake wire transfers to make peope believe they got paid by depositing funds into their accounts by getting their route numbers to their bank accounts. He has literally stolen food out of a baby's mouth as one family cannot afford to pay their own bills...while he hires private jets, has lavish parties, assumably to loop in new investors (targets), his kids are in private school, while others here are losing their own home because he stole their money. I ask how he can sleep at night. And trust me, his wife Elizabeth is NOT at all innocent in this! It's sick and they should pay.
Frommer Victim

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

Judged:

He needs to be put in jail along with he's wife!!

I have hundreds of thousands of bounced checks from the crook.
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2007

Judged:

Frommer Victim wrote:
He needs to be put in jail along with he's wife!!
I have hundreds of thousands of bounced checks from the crook.
Do we know you?...we are a group of Frommer victims and perhaps we could share some information?
Victim-of-Frumpy -Frommer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

Judged:

IN CASE FROMMER CHANGES HIS IDENTITY --- he looks like a shorter, out-of-shape version of Pete Sampras. And one eye seems to wonder in a weird way. If someone ever punches his lights out, it might go back in place. The man and his wife---don't leave out the wife---are addicted, pathologically to money. Just like any addict, they will lie, cheat and steal to get their drug (money). He gave us a dozen idle promises that he would pay back the money. And of course never did.
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

Judged:

It isn't just checks..he "sold" more than 30 2nd trust deeds on his already upside down Malibu mansion, they owed 3 times what is was worth. It's a sickness to them. How he gets these private jet companies to fly him to and fro I'll never know. He should be put on notice to private airplane companies so they can't go anywhere. Other than prison!
A few of us will be at every hearing, no matter how many times he continues it, and he's famous for 'buying time'. We'll just wait it out.
It's sick that so many of us victims have funded their lavish lifestyle through fraud and deceit.
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

Judged:

Victim-of-Frumpy-Frommer wrote:
IN CASE FROMMER CHANGES HIS IDENTITY --- he looks like a shorter, out-of-shape version of Pete Sampras. And one eye seems to wonder in a weird way. If someone ever punches his lights out, it might go back in place. The man and his wife---don't leave out the wife---are addicted, pathologically to money. Just like any addict, they will lie, cheat and steal to get their drug (money). He gave us a dozen idle promises that he would pay back the money. And of course never did.
That's hysterical, you are SO right.
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

Judged:

The more victims who post here, will get more attention and come up when Peter or his wife is searched on Google, possibly preventing other victims in the future.
It's sick and comforting at the same time, knowing that we weren't the only stupid people that Peter & Elizabeth Frommer stole from.
Pathetic creatures they are...I feel sorry for their children.
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

Judged:

Peter Frommer and his wife, Elizabeth Frommer have proven to be the Bonnie & Clyde of the Ponzi scheme. For the past year they have bilked and stolen millions and millions of dollars from unsuspecting, decent, hard working people.
They didn't use a gun, but they might as well have....because the devastation they left behind has been the death of many dreams. Then the Frommer's moved into Aspen and destroyed a few more. After Aspen, where will they hit next? Who will they target to finance their obscene and lavish lifestyle next? WHO will stop them? How many more victims (unsuspecting) will there be before they are stopped? Where is Dateline, 20/20, Primetime Live? The Frommer's make Frank W. Abagnale (Catch Me If You Can) look like a penny ante thief. And more importantly, who will stop them and who will make them pay?
Is it the small town Judge and D.A. of Aspen, or do they have to steal another 30 million dollars before someone does SOMETHING?
Frommer Victim - Nevada

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

Judged:

I am another victim of Peter Frommers scam. I have been taken for $50,000 that I did not have to lose. Therefore I am in a very compromising position.
I hope with all us speaking out. Something can be done.
Las Vegas
Kili

Sainte-julienne, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2007

Judged:

HELLO ALL!

I am the Frommers' FORMER Business and Personal Assistant. I would like to invite ALL of you to our group of creditors/investors/VICTIMS!

We are organized here in California and know of his activities there in the Aspen area (though he has victimized people ALL OVER the U.S.!

Please reply to ksands@ureach.com to introduce yourself and to be included with the most COMPLETE and CURRENT information regarding the Frommers. So you know this is on the level, you can verify my existence and sincerity by contacting the FBI Agents in Los Angeles, California (Westwood) on the matter to confirm MY involvement (Agents Conroy and Phillips).
Robert

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2007

Judged:

It is good to see that a gorup has been formed to address the actions of Peter and Elizabeth Frommer. We were defrauded and lost over $800,000 that the Frommer's agreed to repay. We are moving forward with legal action. Let me know if I can privde information that will be helpful in a case against Peter and Elizabeth Frommer.
Fran

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2007

Judged:

I wanted to supplement our family’s income for an upcoming renovation. This is my statement regarding my experience investing one hundred thousand dollars--$100,000 with Peter Frommer.

In the beginning of June, a good friend mentioned meeting Peter Frommer. She felt he was trustworthy and she was in the process of putting together a number of investors for an investment opportunity with him. She said that Frommer said if we could get 1 million dollars together, it would increase our return. Based on my respect for her and her recommendations, I was willing to invest $100,000. The terms of the investment were that he would return the principal and interest in 90 days. The time line of the investment would be from June 15-August 15, 2006. I did not at first tell my spouse because I wanted to surprise him. His income earnings far exceed mine do to the nature of our employment and I wanted to show him that I was “growing” my/our money.

Prior to investing with Frommer I contacted him just to find out more about him. We talked about our kids and that I was clergy. He told me about his childhood, how his father had made a series of bad financial decisions, and that his childhood was slightly perilous as a result. He took his job seriously and he took to heart that other people were depending on him. We talked about non-profit organizations, and he told me about the one he started—one that sent medical aid to children, as well as volunteers from around the world to be of service to poverty stricken areas; I looked up the organization, it seemed legitimate.

I wired $35,000 from my own savings and $65,000 from my equity line account to Peter and Elizabeth Frommer’s bank in San Francisco.

August 15 came and went and there was no money. Frommer said that it would take a bit longer because he needed to wait for the sail of a few very lucrative properties, and of course, we would all receive additional interest as per the contract. I contacted him a few days after there had still been no sign of money. His response was always to reassure and to let me know that things were taking a bit longer and he was sorry.

At some point I stopped talking with him and decided to have all of our communication be in email. I did this for 2 reasons—1) so there would be a written account of our communications, and 2) because I was becoming increasingly aware that he had no intention of returning the money and I was too angry and frightened to actually talk to him. As I mentioned before, I am a clergy person and I was in preparation for the Jewish New Year and Yom Kippur.

I wrote him and said, just pay a bit at the time, forget about the interest if he had to, just start making restitution! He made a check payment of $15,000 to me. Within days, Bank of America informed me that he had stopped payment on that check. They returned his check to me, I copied both sides and have included a copy.

I was very frightened and at the same time, it was hard to believe it was actually happening at all! I had put my family’s financial future in jeopardy for years to come; I became more and more angry and depressed. I was and am paying over $500 per month to repay the amount I borrowed from our equity line.

He's a pathological liar, I try to just move on but I do want to make sure that he never has the aability to do this to one more human being!
The Frommer Con

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2007

Judged:

It is so sad to see so many victims (many of whom, I am sure do not come forward, mostly out of embarrassment) conned by The Frommers.
Isn't there a way, some way to warn future victims? To stop them from ripping other people off? Or will they just continue to lavishly impress; wine/dine and schmooze to charm the 'money' out of others to support their extravagant lifestyle? Did they move on up to the higher dollars from Malibu to Aspen?
They did leave Malibu is SUCH a hurry, after the sheriff's evicted them out of their Malibu mansion (that, by the way) they did not pay for, and filed one bankruptcy after another to prevent being removed from a home they were not and did not pay for (sound familiar in Aspen? Hmmmm). Although they are only renting in Aspen (looked down upon by the rich and elite, and since they do not OWN anything, and now not even paying any rent, and will probably stall that maneuver with the courts there....unless they get a check from some unsuspecting, ach hum, "investor" in Tangeo/or whatever scam they are pulling now,(Tangeo ~ a lie of a company for sure!). Future investor's, stand in the debt line if you EVER want to get your ANY of your money back.
I checked and they have more than 30 judgments against them already, for one bombed out fake investment after another, and a few of them are for bounced checks and fake wire transfers. Why hasn't someone stopped them? The Frommers have already filed bankruptcy twice (both failed) and I hear they are planning on a third one recently. Not that it would matter, I understand that you cannot dismiss a debt in bankruptcy court if it involved fraud...and these people (Peter & Elizabeth Frommer) are pure fraud.
But the bottom line is, you cannot get money from someone who has none...and they have no money (unless someone else gives it to them).
Warning: They promise you HUGE returns, sometimes 40% within 2 weeks, sounds so inviting and so good, you can hardly resist, right? But do resist, unless you don't want to see your money, ever again. Otherwise, give them your money, trust me, it will be a 'donation,' because you won't see it again.
Legal Disclaimer: The best defense against libel is the truth...and the above is the truth.
Frommer on MYSPACE

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2007

yikes

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

unreal absolutely unreal
Nergui

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

That can't be a real profile.
DEC

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

Judged:

The photo is his mug shot that was printed with the original Aspen Times article on his arrest.
Kili

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

Judged:

It may be a "mug shot" but it was taken BEFORE October 2006. It's more likely a driver's license photo!
Kili

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

Judged:

It's never a good idea to accept a fact, until it's PROVEN a fact: Frommer's 'alleged' profile was provided by whom? Frommer? While his actual resume is irrelevant, it's easy enough to check.

Meanwhile, it should probably include his criminal record which goes back to his arrest in Europe for abusing his father-in-law's credit card while touring with his (OLDER) wife.
Kili

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2007

Judged:

A significant part of the newsletters in our group concern the psychological effects of being scammed by someone like Frommer! But you’re right, it’s not unusual for ANY scam victim to keep quiet.

Warning NEW Frommer victims can ONLY happen with bulletin boards like this, other online/print press outlets and by word-of-mouth. CONTRARY to what some seem to believe, the Frommers know ALL about the state and federal efforts against them! Frankly, while the have it coming, it will only prolong the drama and probably get his victims pennies or nothing (probably nothing).

From Malibu to Santa Monica to Aspen, the only difference is they have finally realized if they try any more investment scams, it will only bring the Fed’s down on them faster. THAT’S why they’ve resorted to writing bad checks!

Speaking of Tangeo (and STOPPING them!), MUCH of what he’s told people is a LIE! Today marks the day he is supposedly going to begin Tangeo in the Roaring Fork area. You folks (and others) want to stop him? Start with informing people and web sites there and continue in Glenwood Springs (where they WERE planning to buy) and Woody Creek (where they’re renting) and all other surrounding areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of877
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marble Discussions

Search the Marble Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Apr 15 paula baby 30
CO Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 3 Ryell 9
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Apr 1 Grumpy old fart 284
Bigfoot Sighting Aug 22, 2000 (Dec '11) Feb '14 well well 2
Aspen retailer, 250 others embrace Colorado's n... Feb '14 Leigh Carter 1
Debate: Marijuana - Woody Creek, CO (Aug '10) Jan '14 bt 4
CO Who do you support for Attorney General in Colo... (Oct '10) Jan '14 Darrel hyberg SR 24
•••
•••
•••
Marble Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marble Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marble People Search