Fla. man calls detectives after pot plants seized

There are 10 comments on the Jan 5, 2010, TwinCities.com story titled Fla. man calls detectives after pot plants seized. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Investigators in the Florida Keys say they lured a suspected marijuana grower into turning himself in by leaving a ransom note in place of six seized pot plants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

how clever

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 5, 2010
If this were a violent offender, would they be so cute and cavalier in their apprehending him? Drug users/dealers make the best inmates as they are cheap to jail typically, and therefore, most profitable to the prison systems. Marijuana is not a crime. Prohibition has failed. Time for a new approach.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 10, 2010
You know, I'm sorry, if anyone has committed a crime here it is the police. Sure they have the idiotic laws on their side, but six plants will get one guy effectively high for about a year. Any slight extra won't really make this "grow" that they busted any kind of record breaker or help society in any way. In fact, it will hurt society by putting a non-violent drug offender into the legal system, taking up huge amounts of taxpayer money to bust, try, incarcerate or otherwise penalize him. The best solution would be outright legalization. Get it into the light of day where small six plant gardens aren't a concern and larger operations are tax and employment generators for an economy in need of jobs.
Sig Sauer

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 10, 2010
The Florida Keys are crawling with real criminals, and they set up a sting, complete with ransom note! This seems to be the same cowardly routine the Mpls. police are taking. But, I do not blame the police, I blame the Mayor and other P.C. political wimps.
The Golf Guy

Winter Park, FL

#5 Jan 10, 2010
A lot of sour grapes from pot smokers.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 12, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
A lot of sour grapes from pot smokers.
And a lot of unthinkingl remarks into the ether by heavy drinking retirees in Florida.
The Golf Guy

Winter Park, FL

#7 Jan 12, 2010
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
And a lot of unthinkingl remarks into the ether by heavy drinking retirees in Florida.
Good luck, pothead.
amy beehive

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 12, 2010
Golf Guy: with all due respect, with all the crime in Florida, do you really want your tax money spent on arresting potheads?
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jan 12, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Good luck, pothead.
Good luck to you too, martini guzzler!:-)
The Golf Guy

Winter Park, FL

#10 Jan 12, 2010
amy beehive wrote:
Golf Guy: with all due respect, with all the crime in Florida, do you really want your tax money spent on arresting potheads?
I don't believe crime here is worse than other states. At least not where I live. The point is, it is illegal, and cops can't just look the other way. It isn't them making the laws, it has to be changed by the legislators. People like to bash all the cops, but they are told what to enforce.
amy beehive

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 12, 2010
Golf Guy: I never bash the cops, I know they have to answer to the higher-ups. And, I don't know where Montverde is, but you have to admit, parts of Florida are crime magnets. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, so I know what I'm talking about, there are a lot of worse drugs than pot! With all due respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marathon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tips on caring for your aging parents (Feb '14) Thu Go Blue Forever 10
News Florida cop accused of using stolen tags to avo... Mar '15 GLOBAL GAZA 1
Review: Cucchi Tile & Marble (Oct '09) Jan '15 SMITH 2
Impaired driver and local police..WHAT A JOKE!!... (Aug '14) Aug '14 1hurl 1
Cost per square foot to build and/or demolish a... (Nov '09) Feb '14 Peter 2
News Even scientists are stumped by the earthquake t... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Edith 3
New to Marathon FL. Can someone recommend a fi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 bobh0526 1
More from around the web

Marathon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]