HORSES PARADE: Caught on Tape: Horses Injure Several People, 1 Dead

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

A pair of runaway horses in harness crashed into a Fourth of July parade float and collapsed, ending a rampage that injured nearly two dozen people and killed one, people at the parade said Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Gun Fighter

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

I am sure some little shot the horse , with fireworks ,or BB gun ! They just dont go on the run for no reason ! And it spooked both of them ! So They need to look at tape ! and find the jerks !
Sad loss ! Over some punk ! If they find them ! They need to be charged with murder !
Gracie

Kiowa, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Very tragic, sorry to hear this. I pray for all those injured and the family of the lost loved one. Many parades have someone on foot walking with a team of horses holding on to a lead rope as an additional safety precaution. Parade horses need to be bomb proof. Not trying to Monday morning quarterback just trying to be factual.

Since: Jan 10

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

This is why wild animals and explosive fireworks do not mix- would have been awesome to see the rampage though!
Asclespius

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

MMM, sounds like a terrorist attack to me, who was harboring theses terrorists horses?
dave

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Article does not say anything about exploding devices. Unless you read the story you know nothing of what actually happened.

There information about their harnesses getting entangled one of the horses harness coming off which is what they thought spooked them not fireworks.

So until I read something different that is what happened.
dave

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Asclespius wrote:
MMM, sounds like a terrorist attack to me, who was harboring theses terrorists horses?
You must be heartless. Good grief someone traggically died because of this and whether it was pranksters or mishandled horses it should not matter.

Now I have a question. Why in the world would a TV station in Colorado care about an accident in a parade in Iowa? Just curious?
dave

Clinton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Why can't Chester leave well enough alone. Just another excuse to get his name in the news.
Huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Weezy22 wrote:
This is why wild animals and explosive fireworks do not mix- would have been awesome to see the rampage though!
I am sorry, I DO NOT see the "awesome-ness" in this. Adults, and many children were severely hurt, and one killed. What if this was your mother/father/sister/brother/c hild?? I just cannot see where your thoughts could be going with that statement. My guess is you aren't close to your family, if you think this could be awesome.
fmrillinoisgirl

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

This is a terrible tragedy and the people who think it is funny are completely out of line and totally insensitive. Someone lost their life.

Just the thought of two horses galloping out of control down a crowed main street makes me sick to even think about it.(Actually I haven't watched the video because I don't think I can bear to see it.)Driving horses is far more dangerous then riding horses. When equipment fails such as the bridle falling off the horses can panic. It is of utter importance that the harness is put on correctly and in the correct order. The equipment must be checked for signs of wear and tear. I am not sure exactly what happened here, but it sounds like a very freak accident. I used to drive carriages in a city and if accidents happened like this all the time obviously the city would have shut it down.

But things like this do happen and that is why driving must only be done under a very capable handler. A very similar thing happened many years ago at a horse show in Illinois. A woman was taking her horses equipment off and she removed the bridle first rather than removing the horse from the harness/cart and the horse moved off without its bridle, partially hitched and panicked running through the horse show grounds. A young woman that I knew was sideswiped by the cart. She was really lucky, but was basically bed ridden for a week and was covered with bruises.

Again, I am so sorry to all who were involved.

Since: Jan 10

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Are the horses okay?
Bren

Baldwin, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Really????? Who gives a shit about the horses, lets keep our mind on those that were injured and pray for their recovery!!
George

Zion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Osama bin Flika?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maquoketa Discussions

Search the Maquoketa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Dec '13 fitness-guru 62
IA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Iowa in 2... (Oct '10) Sep '13 So true 52
Review: Meinecke-Richards Agency Inc (Sep '13) Sep '13 Greg 1
Review: Connel Supply Company (Jun '13) Sep '13 Spirit67_ 2
•••
•••
•••
Maquoketa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Maquoketa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000