Two N.J. corrections officers are acc...

Two N.J. corrections officers are accused of sexual contact with inmates at state's prison for women

There are 40 comments on the Millville News story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Two N.J. corrections officers are accused of sexual contact with inmates at state's prison for women. In it, Millville News reports that:

Two New Jersey corrections officers have been accused of engaging in sex acts with inmates at the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women in Hunterdon County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Millville News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lucifer

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 11, 2009
This is unacceptable behavior, these men are most likely going to made an example of by incarceration. There are also others involved in seperate incidents that have yet to be announced, but soon will opened and prosecuted. There is corruption happening in the womens prison and most of it has been documented from an under cover agent posing as a prisoner within the prison itself. Drug trafficing, sexual conduct for illegal and prescription drugs, and illegal contraband such as cell phones and alcohol. The investigation is soon to be coming to a close and the CO'c involved will face stiff fines, and charges.
used

Inman, SC

#2 Jun 1, 2010
Nothing is going to happen to these guys!!! I was one of the female inmates. There are only a few they are making examples of the rest are getting slapped on their wrist and have to find new jobs. It is not only the male officers or one female officer it is also civilian staff such as a teacher. I went thru hell there both physicaly and mentaly and no one did a damn thing for me! I did the right thing and the administration made stories up about me to cover for the sicko. Now they just want me for a witness, and I am forced to relive all this ugly again!!!
used

Inman, SC

#3 Jun 1, 2010
I just read the artical, a little late as they took the papers from us in there so we did not know what was going on. Amazing that they only listed 3 officers. There were several others that were removed arounf the same time. Goluccio, Dickson, Joe Doscher and a teacher Anthony Coluccio. Humm why did they not name all of them, who are they protecting?
cannondale-sh123 4

Middletown, NY

#4 Aug 28, 2010
maybe life would be a bit easier if you didnt get locked up in the first place......
cannondale-sh123 4

Middletown, NY

#5 Aug 28, 2010
keep it simple....dont get locked up ....
cannondale-sh123 4

Middletown, NY

#6 Aug 28, 2010
but i will fight for your rights...
used

Harrington, DE

#7 Oct 28, 2010
cannondale-sh1234 wrote:
maybe life would be a bit easier if you didnt get locked up in the first place......
Thanks... just so you know, not all people who get locked up are quilty, some are inoccent and I was one of them. I have spent 45K for a lawyer to appeal my conviction and clear my name. Also the one CO I mentioned only lost his job and appologized to me at his hearing. The teachers,(Anthony B. Coluccio of Trenton) fate is still in the hands of the judge as testomy ended yesterday. I can only hope that he too loses his state job and his preditor days are over.
scorned woman

South Amboy, NJ

#8 Oct 30, 2010
This is unacceptable behavior, these men also leave their family's to carry on with the inmates or other officers. The administration knows what goes on because they are in on it. They are supposed to set a good example but none of them have any morals they are WORSE than the inmates they are there to watch!!! We are supposed to respect these men and woman in uniform but they are all DOGS!!!!! I.A.D knows and they choose to do nothing. Wake up people and throw these bums out. Don't let them collect their pensions.
freesince2005

New Egypt, NJ

#9 Nov 2, 2010
used wrote:
Nothing is going to happen to these guys!!! I was one of the female inmates. There are only a few they are making examples of the rest are getting slapped on their wrist and have to find new jobs. It is not only the male officers or one female officer it is also civilian staff such as a teacher. I went thru hell there both physicaly and mentaly and no one did a damn thing for me! I did the right thing and the administration made stories up about me to cover for the sicko. Now they just want me for a witness, and I am forced to relive all this ugly again!!!
Nothing ever hapens and those of us whotry and say something get a bad rap, being locked in a room and forced to do things or go to lock in Trenton doesn't give you a lot of choices, whether ur an inmate or not, the hell i went through there has permanently scarred me!(and there is no pending suits or anything, no will there ever be, I don't want anyone to now about the five and a half years i spent in that hell! or what had to be done to survive it!)
used

Harrington, DE

#10 Nov 19, 2010
freesince2005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing ever hapens and those of us whotry and say something get a bad rap, being locked in a room and forced to do things or go to lock in Trenton doesn't give you a lot of choices, whether ur an inmate or not, the hell i went through there has permanently scarred me!(and there is no pending suits or anything, no will there ever be, I don't want anyone to now about the five and a half years i spent in that hell! or what had to be done to survive it!)
I spent 3 and half years in that hell hole, and you are right no one listens and when you open your mouth you are punished to cover for the state worker. Locked in a room with no clothes, no soap, shampoo, toothpast ect for days, with either freezing tempatures or heat over 100. I can't find a lawyer with the balls to go after the state. If there was one out there that did have them I am sure that there would not be as much of this state aided rape going on in Clinton. I still suffer nighmares almost on a daily baises.
scorned woman

South Amboy, NJ

#11 Nov 19, 2010
I think you Lady's should get together and call the papers. an officer is now under investigation for sexual harassment against a female officer. Im sure someone is listening now. You have rights as a human being to not have to suffer threw that hell whole and the abuse that those guards inflicted on you..
p-licker

United States

#12 Nov 26, 2010
Weither u get locked up or not gives NO1 a right to mentally or physically abuse u! Its da law being broken by the law n u wonder why ppl get in trouble! Its hard not to get into sumthing @1 point in time cuz the worlds corrupted! However whom ever commited these sexual acts need 2 get a taste of jail fuck da new job n see how they ass like it lol! Not all ppl need 2 have authority held positions smh!
makeastand

Redmond, WA

#13 Jan 9, 2011
This is ridiculous what is happening in this institution!!!! No 1 does anything about it! Its crazy how the state just wants 2 push things under the rug!! I say every1 there needs training again on sexual harrassment and should be trained 2 times a year!!! B held liable for their actions!!
The officers r not being trained at all for sexual harrassment! There has been no cameras in this prison and every1 continues this because no 1 comes forward!!! Every1 is 2 scared 2 come forward!!
makeastand

Redmond, WA

#14 Jan 9, 2011
Its truely unbelievable how officers r sexually harrasing other officers and contnue 2 get accused of sexually harrass female inmates and this is not being controlled in this prison!!! Im sure this is going on in all prisons though the reputation in this prison is ridiculous!! U say that maybe some1 will listen especially after an officer now being accused of doing the same 2 another officer? Sorry..this will continue because every1 there protects eachother!!! Its all about clicks like high school!!
No1 respects eachother...no 1 speaks up 4 their beliefs..they say if u see something happening and don't do nothing about it..then ur just as guilty as the 1 that's doing it..

Well...how can u look at urself knowing the real truth,!!! Knowing that u did c what happens!!! And not joining together and making a difference and stopping these people from committing these acts?

U call urself law enforcement? Wow!!! Ur all the same!!!! Ur as bad as some of the inmates...I say put khaki on u and take off ur blue!!!!
makeastand

Redmond, WA

#15 Jan 9, 2011
scorned woman wrote:
I think you Lady's should get together and call the papers. an officer is now under investigation for sexual harassment against a female officer. Im sure someone is listening now. You have rights as a human being to not have to suffer threw that hell whole and the abuse that those guards inflicted on you..
No 1 joins together 2 make a difference...its messed up..ur in clicks or on ur own!!! If ur not in the clicks they will torment u in there!!!

They don't like any1 who tries 2 make a difference...I say...if all the officers who have been sexually harrassed would just come forward now and admit that they have been also treated this way join together....

Maybe all this won't continue 2 happen no more...y b so scared? Seriously?
So I guess keep your mouth shut till it gets worse then right?

These r law enforcement people...they r not god!!!! U shouldn't fear no 1!!!!!!

Stand up already and b heard...u know what is happening and u know the truth...

The problem is every1 in there tries 2 make u think different as if u can't b heard and it won't change...

Wrong it will...with 1 person or all of u!!!! It will!!!
CRIMINALS ARE LIARS

Flemington, NJ

#16 Jun 19, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!!
"used" of course you are innocent, just like every other criminal who is incarcerated. You are nothing more then a bitter, uneducated, irresponsible lying criminal. Same goes for "Lucifer", "freesince2005", "scorned woman" "p-licker" and "makeastand" Don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time. Everything that you birdbrains have posted is nothing but garbage. Because of a few isolated instances you feel justified in jumping on the bandwagon and trashing the Corrections Dept. Grow up and maybe you losers won't wind up in prison again. You are all pathetic.
makeastand

Union, NJ

#17 Jun 21, 2011
Lmao!!! Criminals are liars, you make me laugh with your ignorance on everything!!! You are defending the people who either your one yourself or sleeping with one!!!, you must be a recruit for not having the intelligence of your surroundings or your an ignorant fool!!!, this is happening and still happens and you should open your eyes to what is happening in these places!!! Not everyone is guilty nor are they all innocent I'm sure you yourself either if one or know someone who is, you aren't innocent yourself!!! Why don't you try to do things yourself and make an example instead of kissing peoples behinds and trying to make a name for yourself!! You should stop being such a brown nose and show some character for who you are alone!!! You are the pathetic one who doesn't even make any sense!! Garbage!!!lol, ok garbage is the whole department that they have to cheat on their wives and husbands in here with inmates and eachother, and garbage are the officers who work there because they have no morales or education all they need is a highschool diploma or ged!! No knowledge of sociology or pyschology or how to deal with people! A bunch of kids who never grew up even at age 50 and want to fit in since in high school they didn't! And want the power to think they can run things and can't even run things the right way at their own home or within themselves! Grow up please and stop defending them with your garbage there is more then enough proof to show that this is going on and this place is garbage because the officers make it that way!!!...lmfao!!! And you say for us to grow up?lol, please come stronger with some knowledge of this here I don't need to read stupid stuff from someone who has absolutely no idea of what's going on! Go back to your pickit white fence and mommy who is still raising you obviously,because if you knew anything from the streets and about any corruption that goes on in these places or in this world you wouldn't dare keep opening your mouth to the nonsense your saying. You are the pathetic one who tries to talk without having any intelligence come back 10 years later having some knowledge of the system and maybe we can all relate to a normal topic that makes sense!
Scorned

South Amboy, NJ

#18 Jul 4, 2011
CRIMINALS ARE LIARS wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!
"used" of course you are innocent, just like every other criminal who is incarcerated. You are nothing more then a bitter, uneducated, irresponsible lying criminal. Same goes for "Lucifer", "freesince2005", "scorned woman" "p-licker" and "makeastand" Don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time. Everything that you birdbrains have posted is nothing but garbage. Because of a few isolated instances you feel justified in jumping on the bandwagon and trashing the Corrections Dept. Grow up and maybe you losers won't wind up in prison again. You are all pathetic.
hmmm I guess you are a corrections officer? I have NEVER been in trouble with the law but have first hand knowledge what goes on at this prison......from the CO's ato the Admin> and not one Co in that prison has any MORALS!! they are ALL CHEATERS!!!! and yes they do abuse the powers that the satte game them.I used to Admire them until I saw first hand just how much they have no reguard for the moral integrity that truely is needed to be a GOOD person>>> shame on you!
Scorned

South Amboy, NJ

#19 Jul 4, 2011
makeastand wrote:
Lmao!!! Criminals are liars, you make me laugh with your ignorance on everything!!! You are defending the people who either your one yourself or sleeping with one!!!, you must be a recruit for not having the intelligence of your surroundings or your an ignorant fool!!!, this is happening and still happens and you should open your eyes to what is happening in these places!!! Not everyone is guilty nor are they all innocent I'm sure you yourself either if one or know someone who is, you aren't innocent yourself!!! Why don't you try to do things yourself and make an example instead of kissing peoples behinds and trying to make a name for yourself!! You should stop being such a brown nose and show some character for who you are alone!!! You are the pathetic one who doesn't even make any sense!! Garbage!!!lol, ok garbage is the whole department that they have to cheat on their wives and husbands in here with inmates and eachother, and garbage are the officers who work there because they have no morales or education all they need is a highschool diploma or ged!! No knowledge of sociology or pyschology or how to deal with people! A bunch of kids who never grew up even at age 50 and want to fit in since in high school they didn't! And want the power to think they can run things and can't even run things the right way at their own home or within themselves! Grow up please and stop defending them with your garbage there is more then enough proof to show that this is going on and this place is garbage because the officers make it that way!!!...lmfao!!! And you say for us to grow up?lol, please come stronger with some knowledge of this here I don't need to read stupid stuff from someone who has absolutely no idea of what's going on! Go back to your pickit white fence and mommy who is still raising you obviously,because if you knew anything from the streets and about any corruption that goes on in these places or in this world you wouldn't dare keep opening your mouth to the nonsense your saying. You are the pathetic one who tries to talk without having any intelligence come back 10 years later having some knowledge of the system and maybe we can all relate to a normal topic that makes sense!
AMEN!!!
used

Harrington, DE

#20 Sep 23, 2011
CRIMINALS ARE LIARS wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!
"used" of course you are innocent, just like every other criminal who is incarcerated. You are nothing more then a bitter, uneducated, irresponsible lying criminal. Same goes for "Lucifer", "freesince2005", "scorned woman" "p-licker" and "makeastand" Don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time. Everything that you birdbrains have posted is nothing but garbage. Because of a few isolated instances you feel justified in jumping on the bandwagon and trashing the Corrections Dept. Grow up and maybe you losers won't wind up in prison again. You are all pathetic.
Sure glad I check in once in awhile, LOL. Let me respond one point at a time.
1) Innocent: If the goverment acknowledges this face hmmmm.
Please read this artical from the New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/us/25bar.ht...

"Professor Gross concluded that the false conviction rate for death row inmates has ranged from 2.3 percent to 5 percent. Were even the lower end of that range applied to people who received prison sentences of a year or more in the last three decades, he wrote, it would suggest that about 185,000 innocent people have served hard time."

2) Bitter, no not bitter but saddened because the faith that I put into our system was shatered.

3) uneducated, wrong again. Before being wrongfuly found guilty I had a few college degrees with scholorship offers from American University, Princeton, BYU, do I need to go on. Since being released I have gotten 3 more degrees and am considering Law School again with Full Scholorship offers.

4) irresponsible, again wrong. Not only was I a functioning member of society with no past criminial history, I also owned 2 buisnesses with several employees, Worked for the Board of Elections for 15 years, sat on several School Boards (Elementry and College level)among other civic groups.

5) lying, again wrong. Today I recieved notification that the state worker I was referring to was terminated and no longer works for the DOC and therefore can no longer abuse his power.
http://www.nj.gov/education/legal/commissione...

Today some of my faith is restored in our system. I never said all DOC officers were bad. I meet many there that were nice, respectful and did their job with out degrading inmates or abusing their power. It is a shame that the ones that abuse their position give the good officers a bad name.

I hope that if you read this you will learn that you can not judge a book by it's cover for if you do you will be wrong and look a fool. For we are all human and therefore bound to make mistakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maplewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Well Well 21,050
Jeanine tighe (Jan '14) Aug 16 Greg martino 6
News Newark pediatrician gets 3-year prison sentence... Aug 14 Candace 1
Question about special pickup Aug 13 Familyman 1
Giant football in cranford Aug 13 Football man 1
prostitution (sex for sale) in Springfield Cent... (May '09) Aug 12 Undercover33 10
Missing black cat Aug 9 Nobile one 1

Maplewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maplewood Mortgages