Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,132)

Showing posts 42,621 - 42,640 of68,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a pattern to your brilliance Maat.
FIRST example-
Maat---C14 is reliable upto 50,000 years
HughBe--- INCORRECT
Maat---As usual you missed the crucial word: reliable.
So none will doubt the findings.
HughBe--- And you made such a conclusion from the ONLY word that I used i.e. INCORRECT? If so, I regard it as brilliant, my dear Maat.
SECOND example--
Maat---Hughbe still hasnt lost his stupid.
How can you be so entirly blind and utterly dumb is still beyond me.
HughBe-- Has it ever occurred to you that my posts are influenced by what I have read and NOT on posts that I have NOT read?
As to your posts being influenced by what you have read or not.

Well frankly we've learned over the years that this is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to how you interpret information or to your answers.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
As to your posts being influenced by what you have read or not.
Well frankly we've learned over the years that this is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to how you interpret information or to your answers.
You are always right, Ms. Maat. God bless you and keep you.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove he is wrong.
Religion is a crazy thing. There are so many that say they have the truth, including the religion of evolution.
Yet none can be 100% proven to the masses. Most only know what they are taught.
I was not taught about God being real or not.
I was met by this God and given a choice -Heaven or Hell.
Thank God I had enough sense to go the right way.
All I can tell you, is that I had a wife who prayed for me for 14 years, and how I was lead to read a bible -not book of mormans or watch tower magazine, but the bible.
The more I read, the more it spoke to my whole life, and explained what happened to me that night.
I know I keep going back to that night, but when the greatest thing in the entire world happens to a person, they don't forget.
There is not enough proof for any religion.
Just within the "so called christian " faith.
Every thing under the sun, is disputted by different ones.
One says worship on sun
One on sat
Lords supper
Baptizms
You name it.
Scientist on both side of tbe isle fight over evolution v creation.
Both sides say they are the right ones.
One thing I know for certain, and not just a truth for me, but it applies to all.
With all of these folks saying they have the TRUTH!
they cannot all be right.
God changed everything within me, and as you know I'm nothing special at all. There are many things I can't explain. One is why He did what He did for a guy like me.
I don't need to respond anymore here. I've said what I came to say, so unless my mind changes I will leave you guys to your 50 dollar words.:)
That's not a slur by the way. Most on here are very very smart, but so was Solomon.
He was called the wisest man to ever live.
He was very educated, very wealthy, had enough women, that if he spent each day with a different one, it would be several years before the women got tbeir day again.
yet at the end -he counted it all dung.without God.
To die without God, is a horrible thing.
All I can say is whatever you trust in as truth, it should be without one doubt.
I have no doubt whatsoever about God being real.
God bless.
Do try to remember what I said about the difference between ignorance and stupidity.

There is no such thing as a "religion" of evolution. Evolution is OBJECTIVELY testable and observable. There is NO evidence contrary to the Theory of Evolution. None.

Some times, creationist liars will try and claim that some scientist or another disputes evolution, but they are always wrong in this. There are no life science scientists who deny evolution. And there is a reason for that. To be a scientist, one needs to learn to judge the evidence based on ONLY what the evidence shows, without trying to make it fit what the person believed before seeing the evidence.

There are many scientists of just about every faith, including xianity and is-lame. Science does not deny the Gods. Science only looks to see the naturalistic processes involved in this world without reference to ANY form of the supernatural.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dumber than I thought you were next you'll be taking the mark of the beast.The governments (Kingdoms) of this world are under Ha Satan's control,man I forgot your one of his children.
Full moon or not.
i would call this as a post exhibiting all the behaviours ascribed to the paranoid personality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always right, Ms. Maat. God bless you and keep you.
Thanks for the subjective sentiment expressed.
May god cure your willfull illiteracy and keep it so.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

SS wrote:
awww, struck a chord, did I? The Encyclopedia Britannica calls your Prophet a hero of some sort? That is your validation?

A man who married and sexually molested an 8-year old child. Muq, you are falling to pieces. You are doing that because you know good and well that your position is untenable. I never put my Prophet up against yours, you don't have one. You have a usurper, and you know it. Good luck on your journey, Muq, wherever it takes you.
Ans.

Not only Encyclopedia Britannica, in fact Any one who has studied the life of our prophet objectively and without bias has paid rich tribute to our prophet.

The list of his admirers is really big and Britannica is one of it.

Thomas Carlyle, Edward Gibbon, Michael H Hart, the list is unending.

Even his bitterest critics pay rich homage to the genius, humanity and sincerity of our prophet.

It is few people with really dark hearts and mind that talk about our prophet in that filthy and dirty tone which you have used.

Our prophets personality is much above that it would dent even by an iota from criticism of pygmies like you.

But it would cause you a lot of damage in this world and in the hereafter.

I would be very careful, if I were you!!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Which Sword the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-40

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him at the drop of hat and all his adversaries would be terrified at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents fro m the life of prophet, as what was this sword which killed the enmity for ever

The Case of : HAMZA BIN AMUTTALIB HASHMI, Uncle of Prophet

Early History:

HAMZA was one of the real uncles of prophet. He was almost of the same age as that of prophet. When he grew up, he became a very powerful and brave man in Makkah. He was well recognized and well respected in Makkah. He used to love the prophet very much.

When prophet declared his mission, HAMZA remained in doubt, he like Abu Talib, did not accept Islam, but he was always helping and supporting the prophet against his enemies.

He was fond of hunting and sued to go out of Makkah in the mornings on his horse, with his bow and arrows. He would return in the evenings, go to Kaaba, perform Tawaf and then enter his house. That was his daily routine.

How was he Slain:

One day, while HAMZA was out hunting, prophet went to Kaaba to perform Tawaf, there he met Abu JAHL, who started abusing him. Abu JAHL was an avowed enemy of Islam, and no good was expected from him, but on that day, he exceeded his own limit.

Prophet did not answer him, but came back with his eyes full of tears. One slave girl of HAMZA was watching all these and drinking every insult which Abu JHAL used against waiting. She sat on the way, from which HAMZA used to return.

When evensong came and HAMZA returned to Makkah, the girl told him about what had taken place and how much excess was done by Abu JAHL and how prophet had returned back without saying a word and his eyes full of tears.

HAMZA became very angry and went straight to Kaaba, where he found Abu JAHL sitting with some people. He straight went to him, hit him on the head with his bow and said How dare you insult my nephew when I am still alive? Abu JAHL saw anger and fury in his eyes and immediately tracked back and started saying soothing words.

In those he also said that even you have not accepted his religion. HAMZA in the heat of argument, said If that is your point, then let me I tell you, I have also become his follower. HAMZA went straight to prophet, told him about what he had said and said But I am still not convinced in my heart. Prophet prayed to Allah to stabilize his heart.

Next day, when HAMZA wake up from his sleep, all his doubts about Islam and prophet were washed away. He went back to prophet, re-declared his faith and become a True Follower of prophet. His addition to Muslims increased their standing and when Omar became Muslim a week or ten days later, Muslims became a formidable force in Makkah.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Later life:

HAMZA remained with prophet in Makkah, and helped him and supported him at every juncture. He migrated to Madina and in the battle of Badr slain UTBAH and SHAIBAH in hand to hand combat at the beginning of Battle, he also killed MUTIM BIN UDAI, one of the Chief of Makkah.

In the battle of UHUD, next year. He also killed many of the warriors of Makkan army, he was killed in the battle field in a most cowardly manner. After he was dead, his body was mutilated, women of Makkah (lead by HIND, daughter of UTBAH and wife of Abu SUFYAN) cut his nose and ears, slit open his chest and removed his liver and kidney and chew on it.

When prophet saw the condition of body of his Uncle and Great Warrior of Islam in this condition, he was extremely pained.(He later pardoned Abu SUFYAN and HIND, but that is another story). He also said If I was not fearing about the sentiments of SUFIA (HAMZA s Sister), or that it would be taken as a practice, I would leave the body of HAMZA in the same state, till crows and vultures ate him and then on the day of judgment, he would be resurrected from their belliesand I would mutilate 70 of the Makkan s slain. But a revelation from Allah prevented the prophet from retaliating like that

HAMZA with other martyrs of UHUD was buried on the side of battle field. Prophet led his funeral prayers, and he used to place his body along side every group of Martyrs whose bodies came before him for leading burial prayers. In this way the prophet performed 13 or 14 Burial prayers of his beloved and brave uncle HAMZA!!

Such was the wonderful story of HAMZA, the Uncle of prophet, who was injured by the sword of kinship but was fully killed and enslaved by the Sword of prayer and Love which Prophet wielded in abundance!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Not only Encyclopedia Britannica, in fact Any one who has studied the life of our prophet objectively and without bias has paid rich tribute to our prophet.
The list of his admirers is really big and Britannica is one of it.
Thomas Carlyle, Edward Gibbon, Michael H Hart, the list is unending.
Even his bitterest critics pay rich homage to the genius, humanity and sincerity of our prophet.
It is few people with really dark hearts and mind that talk about our prophet in that filthy and dirty tone which you have used.
Our prophets personality is much above that it would dent even by an iota from criticism of pygmies like you.
But it would cause you a lot of damage in this world and in the hereafter.
I would be very careful, if I were you!!
awww, look at you fawn and cite Gibbon's admiration of your prophet as though you are worldly. Gibbon was an IDIOT. That has been proven by far greater minds than you or I. Why should I be careful, Muq? You don't like what your own little Hadith's say about Muhammed and his relationship with his child-bride? Shall we discuss the thighing of Aisha? It is you, Muq, and not I, who should be very careful in this world and fearful of the next. I am thankful to God that the society I exist in abhors the kind of behavior exhibited in a grown man and deems it criminal that your societies revere as somehow "holy." Why should I be careful, Muq? Because I see you and all your ilk for exactly what you are? Those who would revere and esteem a maniac who personally beheaded many, many people, made it his personal mission to exterminate the Jewish tribes in Arabia, and took an 8-year old child for a wife as some sort of inspired person or "Prophet" of God? Maybe it is you who should be very careful, Muq. Maybe it is YOU who should consider how life can be problematic for you in both the here and the here-after. Because if you find that sort of behavior anything short of psychotic and perverted, something is wrong with you, boy. You don't emulate that life. You don't put that life on a pedastal and say it is the ideal. You don't insult God by seeking to craft both individual lives and entire nation-states around THAT life by calling it "Holy," because it is NOT. It's funny. At times it almost seems like you have a brain in that empty head somewhere, you've at least been taught to read, that much is obvious. But not to think, not to reason, not to ever examine your own faith and see where it fails and where it gains strength. YOU be careful, Muq. VERY careful. Wrong man to threaten, boy. I was gonna leave, this thread had gotten slow, anyway. Now I'm staying. Why should I be careful, again?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Which Sword the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-40
Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him at the drop of hat and all his adversaries would be terrified at the mere sight of him.
Muslims became a formidable force in Makkah.
(Contd.)
Yeah, they did. And went on to tame the Arab pennisula. Whoo-piede-doo! And what have they done with it? They didn't even officially outlaw slavery by national law until 1976. 1976, Muq. That is how backward and barbaric you Muslims are. And let's not pretend slavery doesn't still exist in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, they are fighting like hell to bring it back in Mali, and in Saudi Arabia right now, as we speak, 90% of the everyday labor, paid pennies-on-the-dollar, is done by imported Indian and Phillipino laborers. The top 1-2% reap the most generous rewards, and educate and out-source their children to the west to be trained how to keep this system going, and every single time, without fail, when some sort of "institutional Islam" is introduced into ANY society, it causes NOTHING but chaos and regression, it sets societies BACK, not forward. You can look at Egypt, Iraq, Lebannon, Malaysia, the Phillipines, Somalia, the Sudan, Croatia, Russia, the list is practically endless to see where the implementation of Muslim theology on a place leads to... havoc and death. Surrender to darkness. That is the true nature of Islam, yes, it is "surrender." Not to the will of God, though. That is the lie, isn't it, Muq. But you already know that. You surrendered a long time ago, didn't you? You've aroused my curiosity, I will admit, so I have to ask. You beat your women, Muq? Do you believe, as the Quran states, that the safest place for a woman is in the (darkest) corner of her house? You beat your women (or wish you could) when you assume they step out of line? Would you stone your own mother to death, Muq? If you thought that was in accordance with the Will of Allah? You think your Prophet would?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There are idiots out there that want to go that far, make ALL firearms illegal except for those owned by the government. Of course, even assault weapons are protected under the 2nd amendment. So are machine guns and tanks, but we don't need to go into that just now...
So you would agree with the statement "IF they are allowed to take semi-autos then they could go after handguns next"?

Is that paranoid thinking in your opinion?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
In my strict constitutionalist opinion, no but the court will tell you that it depends on the circumstance.
Ill give you a real live example in the court now, a man gets angry in a store and tells the manager to ''SUCK A DK" with a finger gesture, states that he has to catch a train and that he will be back later.
The argument is over the store insisting on id to purchase cigarettes.
Police charge the man with breach of peace
You are sitting on the jury
you have the right to judge the facts and the law.
what is your verdict?
Sure, breach, disorderly - whatever they want to call it.

But by your example it would have been legal for the store owner to hit the customer for what he did.

Piers morgan - short of yelling fire in a crowded theater - can say whatever he wants to (direct threats/defamation notwithstanding).
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- I am unable to relate to the many.
Former---This sounds very elitist.
HughBe-- regardless of sounds, the reality is, it is factual.
I know you are very class-conscious and think much of yourself.

Of these types, usually others do not share this view.

You may want to re-think your view of yourself and the world.

People may be laughing at you behind your back. In fact, I would bet money on it.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--I don't believe your god would approve.
HughBe--- I approve and so my god approves.
Once again you place yourself and your values above those of your god. In the last exchange you said that when looking at yourself in the mirror, you were in fact looking at your god.

You're displaying more delusions of grandeur.

Try and keep your ego in check.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- disappointed in you. I'm NOT into pretense.
Former--Many Jamaicans speak this way.
HughBe--- That means that Jamaicans are straightforward people.
And by contrast and implication, you are not.

This is what you're saying.

Come down off your high horse.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former---Do you know any Rastafarians by chance?
HughBe--- Not by chance. I know many.
And none of them ever say "mon"?

This is quite difficult to believe, mon.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--As long as you don't say altar boys/cub scouts/ etc.
HughBe--- truly a list of those who excite Frijoles and NOT me.
Former--"Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.[1]"
HughBe--- In relation to me and the given context pure CS
The laws of science (or even the social sciences) are not suspended in your shiny presence.

Being gay is nothing to be ashamed of.

It's OK.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Later life:
HAMZA remained with prophet in Makkah, and helped him and supported him at every juncture. He migrated to Madina and in the battle of Badr slain UTBAH and SHAIBAH in hand to hand combat at the beginning of Battle, he also killed MUTIM BIN UDAI, one of the Chief of Makkah.
In the battle of UHUD, next year. He also killed many of the warriors of Makkan army, he was killed in the battle field in a most cowardly manner. After he was dead, his body was mutilated, women of Makkah (lead by HIND, daughter of UTBAH and wife of Abu SUFYAN) cut his nose and ears, slit open his chest and removed his liver and kidney and chew on it.
When prophet saw the condition of body of his Uncle and Great Warrior of Islam in this condition, he was extremely pained.(He later pardoned Abu SUFYAN and HIND, but that is another story). He also said If I was not fearing about the sentiments of SUFIA (HAMZA s Sister), or that it would be taken as a practice, I would leave the body of HAMZA in the same state, till crows and vultures ate him and then on the day of judgment, he would be resurrected from their belliesand I would mutilate 70 of the Makkan s slain. But a revelation from Allah prevented the prophet from retaliating like that
HAMZA with other martyrs of UHUD was buried on the side of battle field. Prophet led his funeral prayers, and he used to place his body along side every group of Martyrs whose bodies came before him for leading burial prayers. In this way the prophet performed 13 or 14 Burial prayers of his beloved and brave uncle HAMZA!!
Such was the wonderful story of HAMZA, the Uncle of prophet, who was injured by the sword of kinship but was fully killed and enslaved by the Sword of prayer and Love which Prophet wielded in abundance!!
Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
awww, how sweet! Muslim compassion. Not mutillating bodies as long as there is the potential of a betrothal. Funeral Pyres? Like in the 6'th century B.C. or so? Your little "Wonderful Story of Hamza..." falls short. Nobody cares. hey, good source, though. That's exactly one of the sources the Hadiths are based on, which is what your kind revere for some reason, which show you little pedophile hero to be a "Prophet" somehow. You ever think those "companions" might have been in on and side-by-side with child-rapists and monsters? Not just back then, boy. All the way and up-to including until today.
cat

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions like "Why are we here? Who cares? What is our purpose?" are ABSOLUTELY within the province of Religion and the (secular) Humanities, not science.
Questions regarding facts are within the realm of science.
You need to understand the differences in focuses and which arena to apply them. You are almost there.
These are all questions that people run around in circles trying to prove both with science and religion. I'm not almost there. I am here. No amount of science or religion knowledge can answerr simple questions. All fairytales told by man. Not certain that our scientific laws apply everywhere which could make them incorrect assumptions. I'd like to say that you are almost there, but I don't believe anyone on here including myself is even close to understanding.

Good comment nonetheless.
cat

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Science changes it theories when there is a valid reason to do so. This requires objectively testable evidence. Note that VERY important word "objective" - the entire point to science (valid science, anyway) is that every scientist who looks at the data will be able to come to the same conclusion.
When a bone is dug up, you can indeed say for certain that something died. And if you are well educated in the topic, you can identify the animal that died, and the bone and other evidence can tell you when the animal died, how old it was, its health, and many other factors as well.
Identifying what the animal was from the bone is hardly science and more related to simple knowledge. Not all knowledge is science. Don't confuse the 2. How old it was is a myth that you can tell. We rely heavily on carbon dating, the variable being the amount of crabon in the atmosphere, the location of the earth in space, the location of the galaxy, the universe and the multi-verses and whatever maybe beyond that. Science is a good thing, but it is hardly the only thing. Too many thing science cannot explain.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Beans, you have good thoughts. I like 'em. I don't think I'm almost anywhere. I simply can't understand how people can just believe in something cause they read a book or heard a story. I like to live from experience. I also am a firm believer that you learn from doing and experimenting. Scientists (if I were a good one) experiment and think. They ask hard questions that are not simple to answer. Let's assume that I was almost a scientist, but not quite a scientist, maybe a realist like an engineer, how would I address the concept of God?

Maybe I'd look for any kind of proof. I'd fail to find any. I'd find lots of stories and testimonies, but no one would be able to answer my simple questions. I might try to harness this energy somehow? Can we capture God in a glass? I'd maybe do some experiments. One that comes to mind is to bring a child to term. Raise the child in an isolated cube. No external influences. No teachings. Would this child by nature know God? After a full life in isolation with no foreign influences, I'd test the theory that we have God within. My guess is that this child would not know God any better than the American indians knew when the white man came to the new world. Of course, figuring this out would be a challenge. The problem with this problem of God and religion and science is that we tend to vary too many variables.

In conducting investigations, the most common mistake is to ignore the impacts of variables upon variables.

Peace out Beans ... Saw your response and didn't make the connection, then again, I was cat at that moment. Multipersonalities are hard to control :)-
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are very class-conscious and think much of yourself.
Of these types, usually others do not share this view.
You may want to re-think your view of yourself and the world.
People may be laughing at you behind your back. In fact, I would bet money on it.
<quoted text>
Once again you place yourself and your values above those of your god. In the last exchange you said that when looking at yourself in the mirror, you were in fact looking at your god.
You're displaying more delusions of grandeur.
Try and keep your ego in check.
<quoted text>
Come down off your high horse.
<quoted text>
And none of them ever say "mon"?
This is quite difficult to believe, mon.
<quoted text>
The laws of science (or even the social sciences) are not suspended in your shiny presence.
Being gay is nothing to be ashamed of.
It's OK.
HughBe-- I am unable to relate to the MANY.

Former---This sounds very elitist.

HughBe-- regardless of sounds, the reality is, it is factual.

Former--I know you are very class-conscious and think much of yourself.

HughBe--MANY is not being used in the way that you have interpreted it. I thought that you were following the conversation.
The issue is not class. What I am saying is that I don't know of MANY Jamaicans saying MON. Get it?

Former--Of these types, usually others do not share this view.

HughBe--- Listen very carefully, it matters not what others think. What is important is the opinion of God first and foremost and next what makes my conscience free.

Former--You may want to re-think your view of yourself and the world.

HughBe--- A thousand lives from now.

Former--People may be laughing at you behind your back. In fact, I would bet money on it.

HughBe--- Fools tend to do that.

Former--I don't believe your god would approve.

HughBe--- I approve and so my god approves.

Former--Once again you place yourself and your values above those of your god. In the last exchange you said that when looking at yourself in the mirror, you were in fact looking at your god.

HughBe--- A laughing moment but I shall not laugh given the serious nature of your lack of understanding.

Former--You're displaying more delusions of grandeur.

HughBe--- Again you understand little. I am not suffering from any "delusions of grandeur" you are not understanding my words. Let me take this opportunity to say this and my saying it will not take away from the fact that you have not understood my words.

I have REAL reasons to feel good about myself.

Former--Try and keep your ego in check.

HughBe--- It was NEVER about ego. Try and get understanding.

Former--Many Jamaicans speak this way.

HughBe--- That means that Jamaicans are straightforward people.

HughBe--- Your words reflect a lack of understanding.

Former---Come down off your high horse.

HughBe--- The word COME is noted but I shall not descend from where God has placed me.

Former--And none of them ever say "mon"?

HughBe--- I don't know about the EVER but I have no memory of it plus knowing them does not translate into interacting on a regular basis with them.

Former--This is quite difficult to believe, mon.

HughBe-- What must I say except that you tend not to believe TRUTH.

Former--Being gay is nothing to be ashamed of.It's OK.

HughBe--- Correct it is something for medical and psychological treatment. "It's ok" to get the needed help. There is no shame in getting help.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the subjective sentiment expressed.
May god cure your willfull illiteracy and keep it so.
Maat--Thanks for the subjective sentiment expressed.

HughBe--- You're welcome

Maat---May god cure your willfull illiteracy and keep it so

HughBe--- Any cure from God is good and welcomed. May God cure you of ALL that afflicts you.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>...I thought that you were following the conversation...
You need to get a new rap.

Everytimg someone disagrees with you and/or points out your hypocrisy, inconsistency, or faulty logic - you try in vain to explain it away by saying they simply don't understand or aren't "following the conversation."

This rings quite hollow.

Continuing to go back and show you your own words becomes tedious and tiresome, and frankly, boring.

You are a walking contradiction, insincere and certainly not a serious thinker.

In short, you're in way over you head, my shiny Jamaican friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,621 - 42,640 of68,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maplewood Discussions

Search the Maplewood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,495
Newark NJ Dave Burgess child porn hells angel ... (Feb '11) Jul 10 Mickey 13
More Municipalities Deny Federal Requests, Won'... Jul 6 Right On 3
NJ man sues Benjamin Moore over 'racially offen... Jul 4 tyrell rodgers 2
Two N.J. corrections officers are accused of se... (Nov '09) Jul 1 NoDoOver 36
Review: Tiger Supplies Inc. Jun 30 TimGlenhert 5
McGreevey returns to roots for book signing (Sep '06) Jun '13 Ronisha 4
•••
•••

Maplewood News Video

•••
•••

Maplewood Jobs