Newark man found not guilty in killing of Maplewood transgender woman

May 25, 2012 Full story: The Jersey Journal 7

MAPLEWOOD - An Essex County jury this morning has acquitted a 25-year-old man in the September 2010 fatal shooting of a transgender female he met earlier that night in an Irvington club.

Read more

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#1 May 25, 2012
This travesty is the fault of a crappy police investigation and an even worse prosecution. Of course, this is usual when the victim is a trans woman. Shame on them!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 May 26, 2012
Now that's just not right. A murderer released just because people don't care about a small minority group. I wonder what will happen when he goes and shoots a young white kid next, they'll hang him in a second.
Rienna

Denver, CO

#3 May 26, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
This travesty is the fault of a crappy police investigation and an even worse prosecution. Of course, this is usual when the victim is a trans woman. Shame on them!
There is a chance that he is innocent and that he is telling the truth. That the other guy is the murderer thinking if he pointed blame at the accused then he can get away with less of a punishment.

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#4 May 27, 2012
Rienna wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a chance that he is innocent and that he is telling the truth. That the other guy is the murderer thinking if he pointed blame at the accused then he can get away with less of a punishment.
That's why I charged that the police investigation was negligent, Rienna. Had they been diligent in their work, the real facts could have been discovered.
annaleigh

United States

#5 May 27, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I charged that the police investigation was negligent, Rienna. Had they been diligent in their work, the real facts could have been discovered.
what if white was not a transexual woman.
What if she was a police offcer?
Only 4 people were in the house, somebody woulda been found guilty of murder
Rienna

Denver, CO

#6 May 30, 2012
annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text> what if white was not a transexual woman.
What if she was a police offcer?
Only 4 people were in the house, somebody woulda been found guilty of murder
Somebody was. He pleaded guilty. Got a plea deal to indicate his friend was involved. I dont know if the other guy is guilty or not but someone said that they were part of the crime and ore in jail for it.
Rienna

Denver, CO

#7 May 30, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes the facts just arent there. We would like to say every murderer gets arrested and what not but some go free just because there isnt enough evidence. I know I for one would rather a guilty man go free then an innocent man put in jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maplewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Save you lives 19,719
18 years male, girls I want your skypes (you wo... Sat Goikoetxea 1
Review: Sebastian Auto Repair Mar 27 Camk 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Mar 26 scirocco 71,697
Review: Gadget Express (Jul '09) Mar 22 Brinca 61
News Newark man identified as city's 13th murder vic... Mar 18 whitey89 1
News McGreevey returns to roots for book signing (Sep '06) Jun '13 Ronisha 4
Maplewood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maplewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]