120 Year Old Church Burns Down

120 Year Old Church Burns Down

There are 1 comment on the WEEK-TV story from Mar 11, 2008, titled 120 Year Old Church Burns Down. In it, WEEK-TV reports that:

“The flames were shooting sky high. I thought we are in trouble, it's gone. And, there wasn't that many fire trucks here yet and it's bad. It's like you've lost something, part of you is gone. It's just as bad as losing a person”

Witnesses say a 120-year-old town sanctuary burned to the ground in Mapleton last night. via WEEK-TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEEK-TV.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2008
It is so amazing to hear the stories after being at the scene the night of the fire. I guess all small towns are probably the same but it kinda gets old.
Rumor has it I set this fire but I am amazed to think of why I would have had to have been pulled from it if I would have set it?
With any help from above we will be breaking ground on the new church before long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mapleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
softball sponsorship wanted (Jan '07) Sat char89 25
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Jan 19 Reverend Pete Ham... 271
Childers Jan 18 stokestcwriter 1
hey, chinks! (Apr '07) Jan 18 stokestcwriter 157
News Meth problem makes comeback in Pekin area (Jan '08) Jan 15 Concerned Pekin r... 52
News Got the winter blues? It might be SAD Jan 13 humanspirit 1
News U.S. Marshals arrest man in Madison for attempt... (Apr '17) Jan 10 israeli trolls 11

Mapleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mapleton Mortgages