Health care won't matter

Health care won't matter

Posted in the Mapleton Forum

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 3, 2010
Why should health care matter when the state is causing the layoff of who knows how many school employees for not standing behind their part of supporting our schools.

If the schools cut anymore employees it will be hard to cover up the people making too much money or getting more than one salary. Besides how will the nepotism be kept hush hush if there are fewer employees.

I think it is high time for people to stop worrying about what anybody else says and start standing up for their kids education.

Give me a break, why spend thousands of dollars on "smart boards" for the classrooms when not even the teachers know how to use them properly much alone the total waste of money in a time when wasting money is not an option.

I am tired of teachers who get away with demeaning , bullying, throwing things at and whatever else they feel justified in doing to their students. If we can not get teachers who can help our kids then I say fire em and get someone in there that will care.

The so called unions of today are not helping anyone especially the students welfare.

A student cant even have a cough drop on them with out getting into trouble but yet a nurse is not even available for them.

Why have counselors when there are only two for the whole school and they don't have time to actually talk to a kid who needs help.

How many years have we bussed our kids all over God's creation for PE when that money could have built our own small golf course or hired teachers with enough initiative to come up wit something to do for pe without shipping them out to who knows where and maybe getting a half hour of physical activity every other day.

I got one even better....why not teach these kids their foods classes in the cafeteria where they belong so they can help the kitchen staff with the meals instead of having all these overpaid employees who I wouldn't let watch my dog but they are watching over my kids.

We have become so protective on the playground that they can no longer have fun but if they get hurt in pe the teachers let a kid go home with a broken bone and nothing is done.

Who's in charge of that circus at District #327?
We can afford to give a board members girlfriend a $4000 dollar raise at the beginning of the year but lay off the people who are working their butts off.

How about the board member who has his wife driving school bus then she gets preference to a position in the cafeteria along with driving the bus but inside she gets $28 dollars an hour????

How in the world do we justify adding on to the bus barn when we don't have the money in the first place? Do we really need the new buses? Why is it we can send multiple buses to Lake "special Camelot" but we cannot afford to have a monitor on each bus to keep the high school kids from creating a bad influence on the elementary kids who have to ride the same bus? Just who is dumb enough to think these buses actually have cameras on every one of them any ways? If they even have one what good does it do a kid after they get beat up anyway?

How do we justify the same punishment for kids who do not do the same crime?
fred

Pekin, IL

#2 Mar 5, 2010
All students are criminals, so we need to make schools as much like prisons as we possibly can. Children are not humans so they don't deserve constitutional rights, especially the ones covered by the first and fourth amendments. We should search students if someone claims that they have any contraband. Searching students stops them from shooting up schools. Schools should discipline students for things like sagging their pants and swearing, instead of focusing on education.
We need to create stupid, fat kids. Free thought should not be encouraged. Make sure soda machines are stocked every morning because more profit is made there than in the lunch line. For some reason kids buy sodas instead of food, we might as well exploit that.
And they wonder why kids don't want to go to school...
fred

Pekin, IL

#3 Mar 5, 2010
Also, all teachers should make six figures. Give them a break, they work seven hour days for five days a week, nine months out of the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mapleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Weddington Dec 5 local 1
Kroger on Wisconsin Dec 5 Qualified 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Willie 162
News 60 years later, gang leader's slaying still uns... (Jan '08) Nov 28 spacemtn 1,221
Most haunted house in Pekin. (Jan '10) Nov 28 I know what happened 83
Christian Clancy Nov 23 Anonymous 2
Horror Fans!!!!!!!!!! (Apr '17) Nov 20 Keegan 3

Mapleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mapleton Mortgages