Posted in the Maple Valley Forum

Scott Baker

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 12, 2010
Best hair cut in town! Hands down.
hair daze

Renton, WA

#2 Mar 25, 2010
The first time I went in was almost a distaster. I went in for a cut and color. The customer service was lacking, she made me adjust my own chair to get shampooed, then she dug her nails into my head while shampooing. Then she colored my hair and becasue she dug her nails into me the chemicals burned my scalp. After a week of scabbing on my head the color looked great and the hair cut was fantastic. I figured ok get hair cut there...never again color.

I get my hair cut there again and it was again fabululous even though she was not gentle. 3rd time was ok, she was more gentle but the haircut was not what I wanted exactly, but it looked good.

4th and last time I went there she chopped my hair in and uneven layers, the right side is longer than the left and I look like a two year old gave me a haircut dated in the 80's...not at all like the picture I brought in to show her. She was supposed to keep the length as much as possible and now I have to go and get it fixed to a really pixie style hair cut.

Don't bother with Janet's sheer torture.
LOOKING FOR AT GJ ALT

Mossyrock, WA

#3 Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for the info, I'll avoid it! I don't go to the salon for torture! I go to relax from crazy toddlers at home!!
nana

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 31, 2010
I have had terrible luck at Janet's also. You should try Lisa at Salon Sahaira - she is less than a mile east of Janet's place and does a great job.
MV Guest

Seattle, WA

#5 Mar 31, 2010
Salon Sahara is good but you pay for it. I went for a while and then changed over to Janet's to same some money. Same cut and color but it was half the price and just as good.
Dominique

Bothell, WA

#6 Aug 23, 2010
LOVE my haircut! Brought in a photo of what I wanted and she did it PERFECTLY!!! Best haircut ever.
Chrissy

Newdale, ID

#7 Aug 9, 2011
My dad has been going to Janet for many many years. Before she even moved to her maple valley location. I think she was in renton before but im not sure. I've had her cut and color my hair and she's always done a great job. I think some people are just too picky.
Tamara - VERY Satisfied

Federal Way, WA

#8 Aug 11, 2011
Have been going to Janet since she worked at a Salon prior to her opening Shear Genius. I am VERY picky about my highlights (have been having it done for over 20 years). Janet is excellent with color and she has never dug her nails into my head while shampooing as mentioned in a previous review. She is good with cuts as well. The pricing is value oriented and well below a traditional salon. I would definitely not write off this salon because of the one review above. Here's a link to Janet's great highlight and cut of my hair!
http://www.sedonaborzoi.com/breeder-borzoi-ga...
Regards,
Tamara
betty

Kent, WA

#9 Nov 12, 2011
I have been to Janet's several times; with inconsistent results. I found the pricing a real value, but she is a "one woman shop" most of the time and tries to hurry too much. Unfortunately she is too aware of cutting corners and counting her pennies which does not make for a pampered experience for the customer.
I switched to Daniel Ross in Covington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maple Valley girl missing – is mother involved? Sep 26 fightingpa 1
News Pierce County pair found guilty of assault, the... (Feb '06) Jun '17 shirinpulcino 9
News Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal (Dec '07) May '17 Katie 30
News 27-year-old man dies after being stabbed outsid... (Mar '11) Jan '17 BASTARD BAR 8
covington fred meyer parking lot theft problem (Mar '12) Aug '16 moved away from kent 2
News Covington panhandling ordinance prohibits aggre... (Jul '09) Jan '16 COPKILLER 3
CJs Bakery (Sep '15) Sep '15 cosmiczen 1

Maple Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Valley Mortgages