Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal

Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal

There are 29 comments on the Seattle Times story from Jul 14, 2007, titled Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

A Maple Valley man was sentenced to three years in prison for a hit-and-run accident last year in which he killed a 3-year-old. Timothy L. Herbert, 38, was convicted of felony hit-and-run after the June 16, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
haley

Gig Harbor, WA

#21 Oct 22, 2009
justathought- i think you are right i should stop reading this i have way more things going on in my life right! thank you for saying that:) oh and by the way i am 17 now.
an adult

Everett, WA

#22 Oct 28, 2009
How many years have we been hearing about drunk driving? I think everyone knows how bad it can be, yet so many people do it anyway, thinking nothing bad will happen, and then when it does...oops! Sorry!

There's one story that sticks in my mind that just drives me crazy: There was an accident on Kent-Kangley and 124th. A car ran a red light and killed part of the family that was in the other car. The car that ran the red light was driven by a drunk driver, who had just got out of jail that day or the day before. The reason he was in jail was for driving drunk too many times! He gets out of jail, goes out drinking, drives, and kills innocent people.

People who drive drunk know they can cause an accident that can kill people. I think that when drunk drivers are caught, they should be charged with attempted homicide. And when drunk drivers do cause an accident that does kill people, then they should be charged with homicide.

In all the years we've been hearing about drunk driving, you can't tell me that drunk people getting in the driver's seat don't know that they may be about to cause an accident that may cause death or injury.

By the way Haley: I, too, lost my brother when I was a kid. He got hit by a car when he was crossing the road. For a while I was mad at the other driver (not drunk), but then I realized that my anger wasn't going to bring him back. I focused on the fact that he didn't know it was coming, it happened in an instant, so I'm sure he didn't suffer.

Time will help ease the pain, if you let it. Holding on to your anger over the S.O.B. that killed your little brother, or your anger over his family that defends his actions, will interfere with your healing process. Let go of your anger, and direct that energy towards more education to the public as well as trying to get the law changed so that drunk driving can be charged as attemted homicide.

I never forgot by brother, and I never will. But life goes on and you should make the most of it.
Lindsey

United States

#23 Nov 12, 2009
I think Haley has the right 2 say exactly what she feels, regardless of the verbage she chooses. No1 has AnY idea how she feels inside, or the internal conflict this horrible loss has given her. I'll bet odds r pretty high it's mostly adults reading this & I'm sure we can all handle a vulgar word or 2.
To Haley & family, please consider this persective-forgiveness is not justifying the horrible wrong done 2 u &yours...its the letting go so your physiology isn't influenced. Don't let him hurt u anymore than he has. I'm sorry f I'm outta line here(apology for Haley & her family only-not any readers)but sometimes we have 2 forgive God 2.
KPMom

Renton, WA

#24 Jan 2, 2010
Three years is almost over.... this man will be out soon. And just like a rapist that destroys the life of some young girl yet gets a slap on the wrist, this man will be out, picking up his life, and going on.... in the mean time, Alex's family is still torn apart, still suffering, still grieving for a life that will never go on, for their own that was changed, forever.
Mr. Herbert was driving drunk; strike one, vehicular homicide; strike two,
blaming the parents for his crime; strike three.... this man should have electronic breathylizer required for the rest of his life to remind him of what he did. It was a crime. He was found guilty. There is no restitution for this; ever.
Jade

Seattle, WA

#25 Jul 14, 2010
I feel very sorry for the loss of the child. but i also knew and know tim personaly and kno he meant absolutly no harm this family....who knows why a child was a mile away from there house at his age...i have a 2 yr old myself and that has not once happen to me!!! so lets stick to the facts!! it was never determined if tim was "drunk" he admited to haveing a couple drinks! as a parent how the fuck does your child get a more than a mile away from ur house at that time of night? i am very aware that he was deaf and autistic right? im very sorry to here about ur loss but what happen to house alarms and ur part as a parent to protect ur child from geting out when u knew he was very capable of doing so? and just to let ur family kno tims life will never be the same do to u not keeping an eye on ur child!! do you have any idea how hard it will be to find a job and get that image out of his mind that he killed a baby?? he is a father himself and everyone he surrouds himself around has families as well. he is out now he and his family will be tramatized by what has happen. but who are u right to wish such bad things upon someone, yes your child was taken away but do you really think wishing hell upon someone will bring him back?? people are human he made the mistake of not stopping and u made the mistake of making sure your kid was tucked in his bed safe and sound. ur both human! im not saying to get over it because that will never ever happen..coming from a mother myself i couldnt imgagine the anger u feel inside. but i garntee alex is looking down asking for the arguing and bickering to stop and to have peace once again.
haley

Lebanon, OR

#26 Jul 24, 2010
For one Alex was not a mile a way!!! And for your information We did have locks and timothy had a 5th of whiskey ( NOT JUST A COUPLE FUCKING DRINKS!!!) and it was hared to keep Alex from getting out! so don't sit here and say that Alexander's death was or mistake IT was at lest 2sec when we did not hear him! SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH And take Care of Your 2 year old and if MY family or I want to wish hell on him We will I hope he dose fell pain every time he drives or every time he see a little boy! He is a piece OF SHIT!!!! And all ways will be!!! SO FUCK OFF! and worry about your kid!
nana

Seattle, WA

#27 Jul 26, 2010
Really Haley, clean up the language - it's not impressive
In Christ Alone

Cleveland, OH

#28 Nov 17, 2010
Dear Haley,

I am praying for you and your family. Praying that God will continue to add comfort, peace and restore joy to your life. I hope you will always be able to remember the fun times with your baby brother and rejoice in those short years. I don't know the measurement of your pain but God does. For he is the source of our strength and will restore the joy once lost back to our hearts. I know it's hard for you to understand right now but hold on dear love and talk to others that have trusted God through their difficult times. truly the only one that can understand the sorrow of your heart is God. Others can only attempt to be there for you and your family.(like myself) Loving you and your family with the love of Christ. Hold on dear child, hold on the storm will pass.
haley

Elma, WA

#29 Mar 27, 2011
Nana from seattle Im not here to impress any one!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 27-year-old man dies after being stabbed outsid... (Mar '11) Jan 2 BASTARD BAR 8
covington fred meyer parking lot theft problem (Mar '12) Aug '16 moved away from kent 2
News Covington panhandling ordinance prohibits aggre... (Jul '09) Jan '16 COPKILLER 3
CJs Bakery (Sep '15) Sep '15 cosmiczen 1
hrnyapps (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
help (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
Covington Garage Door Repair (Oct '14) Jan '15 Zach 2

Maple Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Valley Mortgages