Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days

Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days

There are 48 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 28, 2007, titled Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A 33-year-old woman who had been missing for eight days was found alive Thursday in her car at the bottom of a steep ravine after searchers traced a signal from her cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yea BiGgiEs

Pompano Beach, FL

#48 Sep 28, 2007
woody hayes wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to make a similar comment at first, but truthfully, the cops really don't have much choice than to play the percentages in a matter like this.
Unfortunately, when a spouse is missing, the chances are pretty good the other spouse had a part in it.
I'm guessing 80-90% of the time. You have to go with the odds and at least rule out people before going forward. It sux, but it's part of the process.
However, in this case the timeliness of the reporting would be on the husbands side

“Loves To Party .”

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale, Fl

#49 Sep 28, 2007
I am so Happy they found her alive

Good Luck and a Speedy Recovery

Since: Feb 07

Orinda, CA

#50 Sep 28, 2007
sloppy work on the part of the police and all. They can do better than this, geeze
Markey

United States

#51 Sep 28, 2007
Cops needing some common sense. Lot of that going around these days, because nobody with any sense would become a cop.
Slickster

Miami, FL

#52 Sep 29, 2007
Markey wrote:
Cops needing some common sense. Lot of that going around these days, because nobody with any sense would become a cop.
Markey: In fairness, this particular jurisdiction demonstrated bad judgment in delaying action in this case, a mistake they will not make again. But, painting all of law enforcement with that brush is unfair. On average, they do one hell of a job. Like us, they learn from their mistakes.

I have an an awful lot of friends and relatives that I consider to have extremely good sense that have chosen law enforcement as a career. I hope that when you really need help, one of them is available. They will provide it with integrity, valor; and good sense.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Bell, CA

#53 Sep 29, 2007
Unbelievable!
Cops sucked big time in this one. Typical for them to Poo Poo after making their 'judgment'.
These cops should do what is asked of them when someone is missing.
If it turns out to be a cheating spouse, so be it but it can also mean finding someone near death or needing help badly.
Beats stuffing their faces with donuts

Hope this young lady makes it.

Since: Dec 06

Boca Raton, Florida

#54 Sep 29, 2007
The police truly messed up this incident. Wow, that husband must have a law suit against each of the departments that left him without help. What happened to protect and serve, it is completely unbelievable, another testament to GPS tracking devices on vehicles, you can't count on the public authorities to do the right thing all the time.

“I have an opinion”

Since: Sep 07

Boca Raton Fl

#55 Oct 1, 2007
ANy Updates? How is she doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 27-year-old man dies after being stabbed outsid... (Mar '11) Jan 2 BASTARD BAR 8
covington fred meyer parking lot theft problem (Mar '12) Aug '16 moved away from kent 2
News Covington panhandling ordinance prohibits aggre... (Jul '09) Jan '16 COPKILLER 3
CJs Bakery (Sep '15) Sep '15 cosmiczen 1
hrnyapps (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
help (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
Covington Garage Door Repair (Oct '14) Jan '15 Zach 2

Maple Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Valley Mortgages