Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days

Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days

There are 48 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 28, 2007, titled Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A 33-year-old woman who had been missing for eight days was found alive Thursday in her car at the bottom of a steep ravine after searchers traced a signal from her cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HOT BUNS

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Sep 28, 2007
GOOD LUCK ON A SPEEDY RECOVERY
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 28, 2007
I hope she makes it.
lele

Tampa, FL

#3 Sep 28, 2007
GOOD GURL HEY THEY FOUND U!..!
Babs

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Sep 28, 2007
And the police where QUESTIONING HER HUSBAND!!

Once again the system in process.

I could not imagine the feelings he must have had, wife missing and HE WAS BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT HER DISAPPEARANCE!!

Jerryca aka jay

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Sep 28, 2007
I think that is amazing to be there lying in the same position for 8 days and live, she was very lucky ... hope she thanked the lord afterwards because somebody else would of died but she survived some thing that some body else would have died right on the spot from ........
HOT BUNS

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Sep 28, 2007
Babs wrote:
I could not imagine the feelings he must have had, wife missing and HE WAS BEING QUESTIONED ABOUT HER DISAPPEARANCE!!
THAT IS COMMON. WHEN SOMEONE GOES MISSING, THEY FIRST TURN TO THEIR OTHER HALF. LOOK AT LACI PETERSON. THATS JUST HOW IT GOES.
Sigh

New York, NY

#8 Sep 28, 2007
Unfortunately we have canals instead of ravines and a State full of wackos. If you wind up missing down here, you are likely dead or running from the law.
Judy

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2007
I am so glad that they found her before it was too late. What a miracle!

They waited 8 days to look at the cell phone record??? That is surely something that could be changed.
Jupiter Mom

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#10 Sep 28, 2007
It's a miracle she survived. Good luck to her in her recovery....8 days- there's no justification for it!! I hope she recovers fully enough to benefit from the lawsuit $. God only knows the terror both she and her husband went through and how long that 8 days seemed to them both. It's an OUTRAGE.
rallymonkey

Little Rock, AR

#11 Sep 28, 2007
What a will to live!!
duh

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Sep 28, 2007
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
How about looking for her while there is still a chance that she is alive?????
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2007
Babs wrote:
I was going to make a similar comment at first, but truthfully, the cops really don't have much choice than to play the percentages in a matter like this.
Unfortunately, when a spouse is missing, the chances are pretty good the other spouse had a part in it.
I'm guessing 80-90% of the time. You have to go with the odds and at least rule out people before going forward. It sux, but it's part of the process.
Trixie_

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Sep 28, 2007
HOT BUNS wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN SOMEONE GOES MISSING
Who started that hackneyed phrase?
Gone missing.
Go missing.
Goes missing.

I can't believe someone would actually open their mouth and say it aloud without checking themselves and thinking "wow...I sound like a total hick".
QRU

New Orleans, LA

#15 Sep 28, 2007
Jupiter Mom wrote:
It's a miracle she survived. Good luck to her in her recovery....8 days- there's no justification for it!! I hope she recovers fully enough to benefit from the lawsuit $. God only knows the terror both she and her husband went through and how long that 8 days seemed to them both. It's an OUTRAGE.
Lawsuit for what? How is it the pd's fault that she was involved in an accident & they didn't find her? She was an adult & like the article said, they dont have to report or account for their whereabouts. Sure...go ahead & sue...make some attorney richer & in turn, taxes, etc, go up for the rest of us.

“I have an opinion”

Since: Sep 07

Boca Raton Fl

#17 Sep 28, 2007
So why didn't the husband drive her rout home and have a look?
SIXFOOTER sez

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Sep 28, 2007
I just reread it, he did drive the rout, but wasn't smart enough to see it
Albuquerque Grandma

Bridgeport, PA

#20 Sep 28, 2007
Why not check telephones first, most have a locator on them now!!!!!!!!!
LAW MAKER

Hialeah, FL

#21 Sep 28, 2007
Was she run off the road? Was she on the cell phone at that time? Or did she fall asleep at the wheel. Get well soon. People listen up and let your significant other know where you are going and what road you will be taking.
TinyTerror2000

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Sep 28, 2007
SIXFOOTER sez wrote:
So why didn't the husband drive her rout home and have a look?
Hey sixfooter, read the article he did drive her route home, but didn't notice anything wrong.(HE IS NOT A COP)...
Slickster

Miami, FL

#24 Sep 28, 2007
Trixie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started that hackneyed phrase?
Gone missing.
Go missing.
Goes missing.
I can't believe someone would actually open their mouth and say it aloud without checking themselves and thinking "wow...I sound like a total hick".
It's a translation from an Alaskan native phrase. When someone disappears up there, they used the term. It is common in English usage around there, as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pierce County pair found guilty of assault, the... (Feb '06) Jun '17 shirinpulcino 9
News Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal (Dec '07) May '17 Katie 30
News 27-year-old man dies after being stabbed outsid... (Mar '11) Jan '17 BASTARD BAR 8
covington fred meyer parking lot theft problem (Mar '12) Aug '16 moved away from kent 2
News Covington panhandling ordinance prohibits aggre... (Jul '09) Jan '16 COPKILLER 3
CJs Bakery (Sep '15) Sep '15 cosmiczen 1
hrnyapps (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1

Maple Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Valley Mortgages