Ohio.com - Washington woman missing f...

Ohio.com - Washington woman missing for 8 days found alive in c...

There are 2 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 28, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Washington woman missing for 8 days found alive in c.... In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash: During the eight days that Tanya Rider lay seriously injured in her crashed SUV, her husband was fighting red tape to get authorities to launch a search for her, he said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Average Schmoe

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 28, 2007
"A King County Sheriff's spokesman expressed sympathy but said the agency followed standard procedure in the case."

Apparently, some of the procedures in the King Co. Sheriff's Department suck. But its always easier to blame a screw-up on the procedure (or a computer program or another person) than admit you made a mistake, apologize, and amend the procedure.

I hope Mrs. Rider will be OK.
Green

Akron, OH

#2 Sep 28, 2007
This is a sad situation with what looks like might turn out to be a happy ending if she pulls through. It looks to me, though like the sherriff's departments did nothing wrong. There was no sign of this being an actual missing person other than the fact that she didn't come home. Can you imagine the backlog if we expected our police officers to track down every single person that didn't come home? They would be so busy trying to track down cheating spouses, and young adults (with hyper parents) that they wouldn't have time to focus on the real missing people. I think the husband should have done a better job of searching her route home. I would have grabbed up a posse of friends and family to search the area after the first day and no word, but that's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
covington fred meyer parking lot theft problem (Mar '12) Aug 2 moved away from kent 2
News Covington panhandling ordinance prohibits aggre... (Jul '09) Jan '16 COPKILLER 3
CJs Bakery (Sep '15) Sep '15 cosmiczen 1
hrnyapps (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
help (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hrnychat 1
Covington Garage Door Repair (Oct '14) Jan '15 Zach 2
News Covington seeks funding for LED lights (Aug '14) Dec '14 Paul Bear 3

Maple Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Valley Mortgages