Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days

There are 20 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Sep 28, 2007, titled Woman Found Alive in Car After 8 Days. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. -- A woman who had been missing for eight days was found alive Thursday in her car at the bottom of a steep ravine after searchers traced a signal from her cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
THE NA

Sumter, SC

#1 Sep 28, 2007
THANK GOODNESS. BLESS HER HEART! SO GOOD TO HEAR A STORY WITH A GOOD ENDDING FOR A CHANGE. HOPE SHE GETS BETTER FAST AND CAN GET HOME. THIS WOULD MAKE A GOOD MOVIE.
SunnyBunny

Lexington, SC

#2 Sep 28, 2007
Praise the Lord. I will pray for her and your family. She has shown great strength and I pray that strength will continue.
True Facts

Kennesaw, GA

#3 Sep 28, 2007
What the the delay in finding her since she had a regular route and in fact that is where she was found? Really can't fault the police since her husband even drove by the spot 6 times. Too bad the cell phone signal was not detected earlier. I hope she does not lose her leg.

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta (Peachtree City)

#4 Sep 28, 2007
Super great news!!!
Deaf Louisiana

United States

#6 Sep 28, 2007
Angry Black Man wrote:
Super great news!!!
Yeah, Super great news or wanna to blame on someone who is black...
Too many problem everydays!!
Angry White Man

Johnston, RI

#7 Sep 28, 2007
I bet she was hungry. I'm hungry and I ate 2 hours ago. That chick must have been driving way to fast to run off the road with nobody around.

Since: Jul 07

Atlanta (Peachtree City)

#8 Sep 28, 2007
Deaf Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>
Would somebody tell me what I missed
SMS

Atlanta, GA

#10 Sep 28, 2007
Deaf Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on? This has nothing to do with race. There's no blame now that she has been found.

OR....are you a black person that ran her off the road? Deaf Louisiana, you are an idiot!
Barney Fife

Cayce, SC

#11 Sep 28, 2007
"...sue the pants off of law enforcement."??? WHY? because they found the woman and saved her life? Law enforcement can barely do their jobs as it is for fear of being sued everytime they turn around. I think it was perfectly reasonable for them to ask the husband to submit to a lie detector test to help rule him out as a suspect. That's their job. Sheeze, you read about people killing their spouses almost every day. It was perfectly legitimate for them to start with him.
nan

Macon, GA

#12 Sep 28, 2007
this woman has endured so much trauma ,, i so hopes that our medical science can pull her through.. our prayers are with and for her and her husband and of course the medical staff who are caring for her
SMS

Atlanta, GA

#13 Sep 28, 2007
Barney Fife wrote:
"...sue the pants off of law enforcement."??? WHY? because they found the woman and saved her life? Law enforcement can barely do their jobs as it is for fear of being sued everytime they turn around. I think it was perfectly reasonable for them to ask the husband to submit to a lie detector test to help rule him out as a suspect. That's their job. Sheeze, you read about people killing their spouses almost every day. It was perfectly legitimate for them to start with him.
The police did not ask him to submit to a lie detector test, he told them to do it so they would focus on finding his wife. Law enforcement ignored the mans repeated attempts to report his wife missing for 4 days. Sorry, I think law enforcement should be help accountable for this one.
SMS

Atlanta, GA

#14 Sep 28, 2007
*held
Get real

Johnston, RI

#15 Sep 28, 2007
Great way to get 8 days off work.
SJC Columbia SC

Irmo, SC

#16 Sep 28, 2007
SMS wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you on? This has nothing to do with race. There's no blame now that she has been found.
OR....are you a black person that ran her off the road? Deaf Louisiana, you are an idiot!
Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!
WHAT AN IDIOT!!!
Barney Fife

Cayce, SC

#17 Sep 28, 2007
"Law enforcement ignored the mans repeated attempts to report his wife missing for 4 days. Sorry, I think law enforcement should be help accountable for this one."

If that's true, then I stand corrected, but I find it hard to believe. What's your source for this info? I looked briefly at CNN and Fox News and neither of them say anything about law enforcement refusing to file a missing persons report on this woman.
Sheriff Andy Griffin

Columbia, SC

#18 Sep 28, 2007
Barney Fife wrote:
"Law enforcement ignored the mans repeated attempts to report his wife missing for 4 days. Sorry, I think law enforcement should be help accountable for this one."
If that's true, then I stand corrected, but I find it hard to believe. What's your source for this info? I looked briefly at CNN and Fox News and neither of them say anything about law enforcement refusing to file a missing persons report on this woman.
Now Barney,Tom Rider said that during the eight days that Tanya Rider lay seriously injured in her crashed SUV, he was fighting red tape to get authorities to launch a search for her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21020571/

See the interview with the husband on video in the middle of the article
Tiffany Butler

Atlanta, GA

#19 Sep 28, 2007
All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Tiffany Butler

Atlanta, GA

#20 Sep 28, 2007
Barney Fife wrote:
I TOTALLY AGREE with you, Mr. Fife
Keep Calm

West Columbia, SC

#21 Sep 28, 2007
SMS wrote:
<quoted text>
The police did not ask him to submit to a lie detector test, he told them to do it so they would focus on finding his wife. Law enforcement ignored the mans repeated attempts to report his wife missing for 4 days. Sorry, I think law enforcement should be help accountable for this one.
OK people...quit making assumptions and jumping to conclusions on just this little bit of information. We do not have the facts and are completely dependent on a news report that has been edited and slashed for brevity.
Keep Calm

West Columbia, SC

#22 Sep 28, 2007
Sheriff Andy Griffin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Barney,Tom Rider said that during the eight days that Tanya Rider lay seriously injured in her crashed SUV, he was fighting red tape to get authorities to launch a search for her.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21020571/
See the interview with the husband on video in the middle of the article
...and your point...look at Scott Peterson's interview and the interviews of half-dozen +/- other men who have murdered their wives....he most likely is completely innocent, but the track record makes one suspicious...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hrnyapps Apr 18 Hrnychat 1
help Apr 18 Hrnychat 1
Covington Garage Door Repair (Oct '14) Jan '15 Zach 2
News Covington seeks funding for LED lights (Aug '14) Dec '14 Paul Bear 3
Garage Door Repair Maple Valley Dec '14 michelle239 1
Location of Cedar River Rope Swing (Jul '14) Jul '14 sn6uV 1
News Pierce County pair found guilty of assault, the... (Feb '06) Nov '13 Terry Shykes 5
More from around the web

Maple Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]