Crosswalk Fines Being Enforced In New...

Crosswalk Fines Being Enforced In New Jersey

There are 9 comments on the CBS Local story from Nov 28, 2011, titled Crosswalk Fines Being Enforced In New Jersey. In it, CBS Local reports that:

MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - It was a beautiful day for a walk on Monday. It was made even more pleasant for three men in Collingswood who were happy that a driver stopped for them in a crosswalk on Haddon Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

BandMaster

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 5, 2011
Too many laws are made to get money out of our pockets because they know they can't raise taxes any higher. The public union pensions must be paid.
Mullet Mike

Fairfield, CT

#2 Dec 5, 2011
I just got a ticket for trying to run down two senior citizens at a crosswalk on Main Street. Highway robbery, I tell ya!

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 8, 2011
Mullet Mike wrote:
I just got a ticket for trying to run down two senior citizens at a crosswalk on Main Street. Highway robbery, I tell ya!
Most of the cops that I know would pay you if you can nail the ones that "stroll" across the road while looking at you and daring you to hit them. I collected a few hundred last year. But really everyone should stop for anyone in a crosswalk if for nothing more than being polite. I do remember that Moorestown had cops stepping off of the curb to see if you would stop.If you didn't stop you got fined big time. People complained to the state and the town had to stop.
BandMaster

Location hidden

#4 Dec 10, 2011
Instead of worrying about crosswalks, they should be more worried about SIDEWALKS around Maple Shade High School before a kid gets run over. It wouldn't cost that much. The track team has to run in the street in the puddles!! They should go around the whole block just for the track team and pay or it by not giving teachers a raise for one year. I'm sure all the teachers would be for it.(Funny). It looks like nobody gives a damn about the kids in this town when people see that spectacle.. It's embarrassing. This township has always been run by careless people like Jon Corzine, evidently.
BandMaster

Location hidden

#5 Dec 10, 2011
Better yet the money from the fines should pay for the children's safety of sidewalks for the schoolkids and track team around the high school and every house around the block where the track team runs.. Don't hold your breath for the teachers to kick in. They have thier own agenda and it doesn't include the children.

pigpen911

Location hidden

#6 Dec 10, 2011
BandMaster wrote:
Instead of worrying about crosswalks, they should be more worried about SIDEWALKS around Maple Shade High School before a kid gets run over. It wouldn't cost that much. The track team has to run in the street in the puddles!! They should go around the whole block just for the track team and pay or it by not giving teachers a raise for one year. I'm sure all the teachers would be for it.(Funny). It looks like nobody gives a damn about the kids in this town when people see that spectacle.. It's embarrassing. This township has always been run by careless people like Jon Corzine, evidently.
I remember the MSPD setting up their "radar speed sign" on South Holly,I asked the chief way they didn't have a officer there giving out tickets,Ed told me that they didn't have the man power. Eddie and I sat on my front porch(having a few) many times and watched cars flying down Holly,he used to get peeved but nothing was done. They always seem to have the time to write tickets for other B/S. Could it be that the township wanted the fast and easy bucks from tickets that wouldn't be taken to court?,I sure don't know. Sgt.Wells(good friend) stopped by to visit many times when on duty in a marked car parked in front of the house and the idiots still flew down the street. The highest speed on the "rader speed sign" was 63 mph.And if you know South Holly Ave it is an one way posted 30 mph.Oh well done with the bitching,I'll bet Corzine will get a pass because he is a democrat that is tied to Obama's hip.Must be nice to be a liar and a crook when you are a democrat,seems like the MSM always gives you a pass.
Hector

Norristown, PA

#7 Dec 11, 2011
A cop just gave me a ticket for sh*tting my pants as I crossed the crosswalk this morning going into a catholic church. Why did I sh*t my pants, you might ask? Well, I spent my childhood as an alterboy and this is the first time I am stepping foot in the church since being fingerbanged by a priest back in 88.

pigpen911

Location hidden

#8 Dec 11, 2011
Hector wrote:
A cop just gave me a ticket for sh*tting my pants as I crossed the crosswalk this morning going into a catholic church. Why did I sh*t my pants, you might ask? Well, I spent my childhood as an alterboy and this is the first time I am stepping foot in the church since being fingerbanged by a priest back in 88.
Hector you are one sick troll,go find another blog to spew your B/S.
Lazy Days

Denver, CO

#9 Dec 13, 2011
Hector wrote:
What?!?! You are going to hell in a handbasket, Sir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Shade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contracts For June 24, 2016 Sun Russian Ainu 3
News Pemberton to survey residents on revitalization... (May '10) Jun 14 WOW 20
News Do Not Adopt from Greyhound Angel Adoption (Oct '09) May '16 lucy emmons 19
News 3 S.J. woman accused in thefts of more than 380... (Jun '11) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 6
looking for kathleen york (Apr '09) Jan '16 SlickSmoothie 2
Carolyn Majane (Feb '08) Oct '15 Klim 35
Impeach Maple Shade Township Council (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ella Enchanted 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Shade Mortgages