Pemberton to survey residents on revitalization project

May 6, 2010 Full story: PhillyBurbs.com 19

What would you like to see in Browns Mills? The township is asking residents to help determine what types of stores and restaurants will be included in its upcoming revitalization project.

Full Story
Alan

Browns Mills, NJ

#1 May 21, 2010
I would definitely like to see a Target! Maybe a Pizza Hut (Yes I know there's tons of pizza places here, but there's only a 50% of getting a good pizza from them!) I also would like to know why a Medford citizen got this survey through the mail, and I'm an actual Browns Mills citizen and did not??
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#2 May 26, 2010
Alan wrote:
I would definitely like to see a Target! Maybe a Pizza Hut (Yes I know there's tons of pizza places here, but there's only a 50% of getting a good pizza from them!) I also would like to know why a Medford citizen got this survey through the mail, and I'm an actual Browns Mills citizen and did not??
Target would be great...You are right about the Pizza places...as many as they are...you are never guaranteed a good pie every time...hehehe....I would like to see something other than the Acme...they, right now, have us by the "you know what" and can charge us very high prices because there is no competition...
me 15 yrs old

Browns Mills, NJ

#3 May 28, 2010
I would like to see the old acme turned into a skating rink! There is NOTHING for kids to do here!
There are WAY to many bars!Build a kid friendly place.(Keep the trouble makers away)"Ban anybody doing or selling drugs and who are in gangs"
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#4 Jun 1, 2010
me 15 yrs old wrote:
I would like to see the old acme turned into a skating rink! There is NOTHING for kids to do here!
There are WAY to many bars!Build a kid friendly place.(Keep the trouble makers away)"Ban anybody doing or selling drugs and who are in gangs"
You are sooo right...there is nothing for kids to do in Browns Mills...a skating rink would be a great idea.
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#5 Jun 10, 2010
If you happen to get an opportunity to go to the municipal building...outside the Mayor's office is a picture of the plan to build up B-mills. I was so excited...and very impressed. We are movin' on up! It's about time....:-)

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6 Jun 15, 2010
Alan wrote:
A Target would be nice... It's very inconvenient that we have to drive to Lumberton or Tom's River to get to Wal-Mart. It'd be nice to have something right here in town. I could do without the Pizza Hut (I'm pretty happy with Papi's Pizza in the Country Lakes Plaza... Never had a bad pie from them. Alba's is also good), but how about a Chili's or TGIFridays-type of place?
This town has so much potential... prime location (midway between Philly and the shore), beautiful lakes, the pinelands...
Hope to see the township move on these plans soon.
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#7 Jun 17, 2010
jiminj wrote:
<quoted text>
A Target would be nice... It's very inconvenient that we have to drive to Lumberton or Tom's River to get to Wal-Mart. It'd be nice to have something right here in town. I could do without the Pizza Hut (I'm pretty happy with Papi's Pizza in the Country Lakes Plaza... Never had a bad pie from them. Alba's is also good), but how about a Chili's or TGIFridays-type of place?
This town has so much potential... prime location (midway between Philly and the shore), beautiful lakes, the pinelands...
Hope to see the township move on these plans soon.
Now you can go on Pemberton's website and read the entire report regarding the revitalization plan....I am so excited because you are right...I have lived in B-Mills all my life and there is so much potential... but read the plan...it's going to change the ENTIRE town for the better!
Life long Resident

Mount Holly, NJ

#8 Jun 23, 2010
ANGEL123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Target would be great...You are right about the Pizza places...as many as they are...you are never guaranteed a good pie every time...hehehe....I would like to see something other than the Acme...they, right now, have us by the "you know what" and can charge us very high prices because there is no competition...
Angel23:
Are you aware that the township has an agreement with the Acme for the lease they have? The Township made a agreement with Acme when the new plaza was built that if they signed an Extremely long lease and hired local teenager, the township would not allow any other competitor move into the area. The lease is like 20-25 yrs., that is why their prices are so high and they get away with it. I have found a Walmart in Lacey Township that has Great prices on groceries and there is a Shoprite next door for more reasonable meat prices. I only shop at the Acme for milk, bread & eggs and an occasional item or two when I need it during the week, otherwise, forget it!!!
Life long Resident

Mount Holly, NJ

#9 Jun 23, 2010
me 15 yrs old wrote:
You are absolutely correct!!!! The kids need a place to go to have fun and socialize in a controlled & friendly atmosphere!!! I have two teenage sons & when I filled out the survey, I did it with them in the room and included their input. They also suggested a skateboard park!!! Mt. Laurel is just too far away for the kids to get a ride
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Life long Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Angel23:
Are you aware that the township has an agreement with the Acme for the lease they have? The Township made a agreement with Acme when the new plaza was built that if they signed an Extremely long lease and hired local teenager, the township would not allow any other competitor move into the area. The lease is like 20-25 yrs., that is why their prices are so high and they get away with it. I have found a Walmart in Lacey Township that has Great prices on groceries and there is a Shoprite next door for more reasonable meat prices. I only shop at the Acme for milk, bread & eggs and an occasional item or two when I need it during the week, otherwise, forget it!!!
I have heard something to that affect. I, too, do all my shopping out of B-Mills (unless I need something last minute or like you said...small) I would just love, tho, to see B-Mills finally use its potential...
good old days

Browns Mills, NJ

#11 Jul 6, 2010
I miss our nice little town, all these big city people are coming in with big new ideas,and running us old people right out,they may have good ideas, but I miss our quiet little town, we can't even afford to live here any more, and our families been here for centuries.Our culture is being ran over by strangers.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 7, 2010
good old days wrote:
I miss our nice little town, all these big city people are coming in with big new ideas,and running us old people right out,they may have good ideas, but I miss our quiet little town, we can't even afford to live here any more, and our families been here for centuries.Our culture is being ran over by strangers.
Good old days,
Don't hate us all... I am a transplant (stranger) to Browns Mills courtesy of the military. My family and I fell in love with the area and decided to stay once I retired. Browns Mills is a good place to live but has the potential to be a GREAT place to live. A little work to the downtown area is all that it will take to make us great. I too do not want an expensive, big city replica, but it would be nice to have more shopping options, a few nice restaurants and to capitalize on our great lakes and pinelands.
JBC

Norfolk, VA

#13 Jul 7, 2010
jiminj, The last thing that this town needs is to bring in more outside people to taint the pinelands and lakes. If you want shopping go to Philly and learn how to cook for yourself. Browns Mills needs cleaning up but development is not the answer. Learn how to take care of what you have before taking on more. I'm sure you would already have your hands full.
Sharon

Florence, NJ

#14 Jul 8, 2010
Wake up people!! Leave Browns Mills alone, maybe clean up some of the unused buildings, but if you turn it into a metropolis it will ruin it. I used to live in Hamilton Twp by Trenton, which was once a nice small town - take a ride up there sometime.
There are strip malls, stores, traffic lites, no open spaces -it is HORRIBLE. I hate it up there.
Not to mention, your taxes will begin to soar, just like they did up there - more housing, more people - schools - it all equates to more MONEY
Leave this beautiful farm community ALONE
ANGEL123

Newark, NJ

#15 Jul 8, 2010
Sharon wrote:
Wake up people!! Leave Browns Mills alone, maybe clean up some of the unused buildings, but if you turn it into a metropolis it will ruin it. I used to live in Hamilton Twp by Trenton, which was once a nice small town - take a ride up there sometime.
There are strip malls, stores, traffic lites, no open spaces -it is HORRIBLE. I hate it up there.
Not to mention, your taxes will begin to soar, just like they did up there - more housing, more people - schools - it all equates to more MONEY
Leave this beautiful farm community ALONE
Hi Sharon...I hear what you are saying with regard to the taxes increasing...but I feel at the end...it's all worth it. As soon as you enter into Browns Mills it looks like a sht hole!...That's the first impression people get...As to what they did in Hamilton...I love it...I do realize that not everyone is going to be on the same "page"...but something dramatic needs to happen and I am happy to see that it's finally going to happen to Browns Mills.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 8, 2010
ANGEL123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sharon...I hear what you are saying with regard to the taxes increasing...but I feel at the end...it's all worth it. As soon as you enter into Browns Mills it looks like a sht hole!...That's the first impression people get...As to what they did in Hamilton...I love it...I do realize that not everyone is going to be on the same "page"...but something dramatic needs to happen and I am happy to see that it's finally going to happen to Browns Mills.
Angel you hit the nail square on the head. First impressions of Browns Mills are "sh!t hole", and the reputation this town has is atrocious. Tell someone you're from Browns Mills and the reaction is usually not a positive one. Something DOES need to be done and quickly! If we let it go, we run the risk of becoming a "Little Trenton" and none of us want that.
As far as this being a "beautiful farm town" that should be left alone, as Sharon suggested... She just doesn't get it. Browns Mills is not presently "beautiful" nor a "farm town". Sharon is living in the past and is turning a blind eye to the potential that Browns Mills has. Keep fighting for it Angel, let the politicians know that we want some changes made!
unknown

Browns Mills, NJ

#17 Jul 20, 2010
I am happy to see that the Wasps nest is now open!Now can we have a skating rink or anything constructive that the kids can do?(and when that happens we need the drug dealers and trash kept away)One more thing,The wawa across from the bank is always full of drug dealers as well as the low budget motel next to it!
none

Browns Mills, NJ

#18 Aug 11, 2013
i would like to see this town cleaned up, of all the disgusting renters who do not give a crap, about other people, when we are paying our taxes, and keeping our properties clean, also get rid of the dirt bags who abuse they animals in this town. the drunks and the dirt bags have to go. and code enforcement must do there jobs, i wish i never moved here. throught it was nice. if you ride around you can see how gross this place is. screw this survey, you have to be kiddin me. ENFORCE CODES AND CLEAN THIS PLACE UP...... I LIVE NEXT TO A DRUNK WHO KEEPS HIS DOG LOCKED UP FOR DAYS, HE HAS NOT CLEANED HIS RENTED PROPERTY IN 2 YRS, IT STINKS SO BAD HERE, AND NO ONE ENFORCES AND CODES TO CLEAN UP. MAKES ME SICK. SCREW THIS SURVEY. IDIOTS...
donna

Browns Mills, NJ

#19 Aug 24, 2013
Interesting...most of the excitement posts were in 2010...were almost to 2014 and nothing much has changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Shade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Christie to Hold First Town Hall in Five M... Feb 19 civilliberty 1
Review: Weisman Children's Medical Day Care Jan '15 joan serfass 1
Steve Keeley (Fox 29 News) Needs To Stop Tanning! (Jun '11) Dec '14 Kitty Pryde 30
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Dec '14 Noddingout 19
Here's Why We Call It 'Black Friday' Dec '14 Rodney 1
White House: US increasingly backing gay marriage Nov '14 WasteWater 123
Rink to turn Cooper River Park 'into a winter w... Nov '14 Bonnie 1

Maple Shade News Video

Maple Shade Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maple Shade People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News