First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#21 Aug 15, 2014
Maple Resident, you'd be smart to choose to be a Jew in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s. Hitler exiled them first. They all had a chance to get out. A lot did. Slaves didn't have a choice in the matter.

As for as the Civil War, it was about industry and the backwards south not adapting to what the rest of the whites in the U.S. and Europe wanted. They wanted industrial progress, not the stagnation that the south was happy with.

The main reason whites ended slavery was because it was no longer needed. They didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. Whites didn't fight the war to free blacks. They fought it to advance themselves and stop dumb hicks from holding the country back.

Slavery was important to the wealthy because there was trade of the goods slaves produced. It wasn't about a growing nation. It was about wealth hoarding by rich whites. When technology made it no longer necessary to use slaves, the south was the last place to resist.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#22 Aug 15, 2014
As for the original topic, the circumstances of the shooting have changed.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-tee...

Turns out the teen was involved in a robbery that morning. Why the police didn't release this information days ago speaks to the incompetence of the department. They have already been called out for how they have handled the situation AFTER the shooting.

Sadly, the robbery shows the kid is capable of attacking the officer. I can't waste time defending a criminal. When a legit case of brutality happens, it will not be taken seriously. That's something most black people refuse to understand.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#23 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
Maple Resident, you'd be smart to choose to be a Jew in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s. Hitler exiled them first. They all had a chance to get out. A lot did. Slaves didn't have a choice in the matter.
As for as the Civil War, it was about industry and the backwards south not adapting to what the rest of the whites in the U.S. and Europe wanted. They wanted industrial progress, not the stagnation that the south was happy with.
The main reason whites ended slavery was because it was no longer needed. They didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. Whites didn't fight the war to free blacks. They fought it to advance themselves and stop dumb hicks from holding the country back.
Slavery was important to the wealthy because there was trade of the goods slaves produced. It wasn't about a growing nation. It was about wealth hoarding by rich whites. When technology made it no longer necessary to use slaves, the south was the last place to resist.
Yeah, the northern whites fought in the Civil War because slavery was holding back the progress of the country so, in the long run, the North felt slavery was wrong because holding people against their will was wrong :-)
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#24 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
Naw, I think I'd still rather be a slave because all Jews in Europe couldn't afford to leave so they were stuck there. Plus, like when the Nazis marched into Poland, the Polish Jews didn't know what they were in for. Same for when they were gathered up and sent to the 'camps'. They didn't know they were extermination camps. Plus, how many slaves were killed over the years here vs how many Jews were killed at the camps? Millions of Jews were killed at the camps and on the streets. Slaves here weren't starved to death like the Jews were. Slaves had to eat so they could work the fields. The Jews in the camps, according to the Nazis, were a waste of food. Ever see pics of slaves? They look pretty healthy to me. Ever see pics of prisoners of war in Europe? Skin and bones and when they died, they were just thrown in a pile.

So, a lot of the blacks running around in the streets now wouldn't be here if they were treated like the Jews of Europe. I'm not saying that they weren't treated bad but comparing them to the European Jews in WWII, and how many millions of them died, I'd have to guess that a lot of them around here today wouldn't be here if their ancestors were starved and killed like the Jews were.

And look at the Jews now, doctors, lawyers, businessmen and women, and you don't see them rioting in the streets and blaming whites for holding them back.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#25 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
As for the original topic, the circumstances of the shooting have changed.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-tee...
Turns out the teen was involved in a robbery that morning. Why the police didn't release this information days ago speaks to the incompetence of the department. They have already been called out for how they have handled the situation AFTER the shooting.
Sadly, the robbery shows the kid is capable of attacking the officer. I can't waste time defending a criminal. When a legit case of brutality happens, it will not be taken seriously. That's something most black people refuse to understand.
Why does it speak to the incompetence of the police department?

People are careful these days to give out accurate information and make sure they're not liable for anything they say. I seriously doubt it was incompetence by the police department and this delay was intentional for several reasons.

Heck, even the last Granger Road gas station robbery, the video of the thug didn't come out for a few days, and if I remember correctly, the first robbery did produce a film for almost a week before the public seen it.

I only heard this from one talk show host today, but he said that the police officer is believed to be a black guy as well. Wouldn't that put a damper on things?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#26 Aug 15, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
Here's a thought I been pondering around for a while. It seems like there's just a whole crap load of blacks that still piss moan about their ancestors being slaves down south 300 years ago. How come they never mention the white people that worked for the underground railroad and risked their lived sneaking the blacks to the northern states and Canada? Or the many whites that enlisted or were drafted to fight the rebels and lost life and limb doing so? I had an ancestor that died in battle.
And as for da white man hold me back, that's just an excuse, especially now a days. What's holding them back is their low hanging pants, their smug look on their face, the way they talk and their attitude. How come other blacks fit right in? LeBron has a talent with basketball but Jamel doesn't so, that's whitey's fault for holding Jamel back. Right? Yeah, sure. We also held Oprah back too.l)
What you are looking at is liberal indoctrination that's been taking place for decades now. And to be quite frank, Democrats have a nearly total stronghold of the black community.

One of the Democrats strongest voting groups are victims. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats. While there are not many real victims in America today, the Democrats have been able to convince millions that they are. After all, if there were no victims in America, then there would be no need for Democrats or the Democrat party.

To be a victim, you must have an enemy waiting to take advantage of you or hurt you in some way. Liberals make up those people too.

So who are all these victims according to Democrats? Just about everybody: victims of race, victims of sexual preference, victims of employers, victims of the wealthy, victims of Big Oil, victims of Big Pharma, victims of people with guns, victims of insurance companies, victims of police, victims of tobacco, all these victims.

So if you are one or more of these victims, how do you fight big (whatever) on your own? You can't. That's why you need bigger government; to fight all these big attackers for you.

So the blacks are a race of victimization because they embraced the party of victimization.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#27 Aug 15, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
Hey xxxrayted. You seem to know a lot about gun laws, can you clarify what the term 'possessing a gun under disability?' Does that mean the person is 'loony tunes' in the head and not allowed to own a gun or the person is by law, supposed to be disabled of his gun because he has a criminal record?
Believe it or not, there really is no legal definition as to what a person under disability is. If you were ever convicted of it and had a good lawyer, that would be the first question he or she would ask the court.

It's a law that mostly pertains to intoxicated people from what I've been told. They can arrest you for it, but it's difficult for them to get a conviction on. It's what is known as a gray area.

The same holds true for our laws carrying a firearm. The law says that as a CCW holder, I can use my firearm in the event "I believe I or others are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death." That's the law.

The problem with the way this law was written is there is no legal definition of Serious Bodily Harm. Of course, we know what death is. But what is serious bodily harm? A broken finger nail, a black eye, a sprained ankle?

Next is the word "believe" in the law. How can you or anybody prove what I believed at the time I used my firearm? You can't.

So these laws are written again, as a big gray area leaving a lot of the decisions to be made by a judge or jury.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#28 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
In either jurisdiction, Zimmerman held the advantage because the other person who was there was dead. It's hard to win a case when the only other person who could tell you what happened is dead.
Black people don't show up for local elections. Also, too many of us simply don't follow politics. It's the same problem white America has, but it's worse in the black community.
Look how they forced the cameras in Maple Heights and East Cleveland. Garfield -- a mostly white community -- stopped it twice. Politicians -- even black ones -- know they can screw over black people without anything being done about it.
We will see if this issue makes it on the ballot. I see they have a petition drive. Let's see how strong black political clout is locally.
Actually it will boil down to the Ohio Supreme Court if anything. It will be a long fight so it may take a while.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#29 Aug 15, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I think I'd still rather be a slave because all Jews in Europe couldn't afford to leave so they were stuck there. Plus, like when the Nazis marched into Poland, the Polish Jews didn't know what they were in for. Same for when they were gathered up and sent to the 'camps'. They didn't know they were extermination camps. Plus, how many slaves were killed over the years here vs how many Jews were killed at the camps? Millions of Jews were killed at the camps and on the streets. Slaves here weren't starved to death like the Jews were. Slaves had to eat so they could work the fields. The Jews in the camps, according to the Nazis, were a waste of food. Ever see pics of slaves? They look pretty healthy to me. Ever see pics of prisoners of war in Europe? Skin and bones and when they died, they were just thrown in a pile.
So, a lot of the blacks running around in the streets now wouldn't be here if they were treated like the Jews of Europe. I'm not saying that they weren't treated bad but comparing them to the European Jews in WWII, and how many millions of them died, I'd have to guess that a lot of them around here today wouldn't be here if their ancestors were starved and killed like the Jews were.
And look at the Jews now, doctors, lawyers, businessmen and women, and you don't see them rioting in the streets and blaming whites for holding them back.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part1/1p277.html

About 10 million slaves died before even making it here. That doesn't even take into account the number that were killed once in North America. If you knew anything about slavery, you'd know that North American slave owners were the most violent.

Slaves were starved to death. They were hung. They were beat. They were maimed. They had their teeth knocked out to be force fed. The list goes on and on.

The part you fail to mention about World War 2 was it just didn't happen to the Jews like slavery happened to black people. Gypsies, gays, drug addicts, vagrants, pacifists, Catholics and others were held in concentration camps. I think 100,000 masons died in those camps.

Jews manipulated the media to have a lock on the holocaust, but the true story tells otherwise. Jews claim ALL the numbers, which is a blatant lie. Jews also have been known to count exiled Jews as casualties.

There is no such number manipulation with the African holocaust. And black people couldn't change their names like Jews and blend in. LOL
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#30 Aug 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it speak to the incompetence of the police department?
People are careful these days to give out accurate information and make sure they're not liable for anything they say. I seriously doubt it was incompetence by the police department and this delay was intentional for several reasons.
Heck, even the last Granger Road gas station robbery, the video of the thug didn't come out for a few days, and if I remember correctly, the first robbery did produce a film for almost a week before the public seen it.
I only heard this from one talk show host today, but he said that the police officer is believed to be a black guy as well. Wouldn't that put a damper on things?
It takes seconds to realize the kid in the video is the dead kid. This isn't rocket science and would have immediately changed perception of the case. They had the video since the incident was reported.

The only reason they had for not releasing the video was that it wasn't the reason for police initiating contact. But the video supports why the kid would have initiated contact. He might have thought the policeman was there to arrest him.

Perception matters, and the police botched this one. They are even being called out for their tactics when dealing with the protesters. Why do you think St Louis PD pulled support?
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#31 Aug 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it will boil down to the Ohio Supreme Court if anything. It will be a long fight so it may take a while.
How do you figure that? It didn't boil down to the supreme court in Garfield. They voted them out twice. Maple needs to follow the same path Garfield did.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that? It didn't boil down to the supreme court in Garfield. They voted them out twice. Maple needs to follow the same path Garfield did.
Okay, then walk around the city, get enough signatures, and have it put on the ballot.

After all, it doesn't appear on the ballot all by itself, and don't expect the city to put it there.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#33 Aug 15, 2014
You must have started the backyard beer routine early today. LOL I mentioned that there already was a petition drive before your response about the Superior Court.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#34 Aug 15, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
You must have started the backyard beer routine early today. LOL I mentioned that there already was a petition drive before your response about the Superior Court.
Has anybody solicited you to sign a petition? Me neither.

If there is any effort to put this on a ballot, it's pretty weak.

These cameras are generating revenue. If that revenue stops, then the city will look for other options to produce revenue. That may come in the form of increased property tax, payroll tax, or some other kind of tax.

If nobody approves of new taxes, then it means cuts. Cuts in emergency services for starters.

So are we better off with red light cameras, or reduced services or perhaps more taxes in other ways?
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#35 Aug 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anybody solicited you to sign a petition? Me neither.
If there is any effort to put this on a ballot, it's pretty weak.
These cameras are generating revenue. If that revenue stops, then the city will look for other options to produce revenue. That may come in the form of increased property tax, payroll tax, or some other kind of tax.
If nobody approves of new taxes, then it means cuts. Cuts in emergency services for starters.
So are we better off with red light cameras, or reduced services or perhaps more taxes in other ways?
I have no idea how strong or weak the drive is. I only know it exists and has backing.

We have discussed the revenue problem before. Vote the bums out. They want to spend, spend, and spend. Make them accountable.

Garfield threatened reduced services and ramifications for voting the cameras out. What ever happened with that? Meanwhile, East Cleveland voted to keep the cameras and the city still has problems.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#36 Aug 16, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how strong or weak the drive is. I only know it exists and has backing.
We have discussed the revenue problem before. Vote the bums out. They want to spend, spend, and spend. Make them accountable.
Garfield threatened reduced services and ramifications for voting the cameras out. What ever happened with that? Meanwhile, East Cleveland voted to keep the cameras and the city still has problems.
Have you ever driven the side streets in Garfield? I have to cut through and get to the hardware store or Chinese place. They are miserable. I use the main streets just to avoid all those chuck holes, and even then, the main streets are not that great either.

Garfield also has very high property taxes. My sister pays almost as much as I do with my rental properties, and my property is almost three times the size of hers. Same holds true with my fathers house in Garfield.

Although I'm not crazy about speed cameras, it is an optional tax. If you don't want to pay that tax, then do the speed limit. If you don't mind paying, hammer down. It sure beats having a forced tax that people like myself don't want to pay.

On the other side of the coin, people are constantly driving like maniacs in our city. When I go through Dunham road in the school zone, I have assholes tailgating me because I'm doing 25 mph. The people in front of me zip through that school zone at 45mph. They do need to slow down.

On Broadway it's pretty much the same thing. The speed limit is 25 mph, and most people are doing 40 mph.

So I think if the issue does come up on the ballot, I just may vote for it. After all, let somebody else pay money that would otherwise come from me. Let other people pay for the upkeep of our city services like the police and fire. Like I said, it's optional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Jul 24 Tina 5
News Kidnapping of teenager was a hoax (Apr '06) Jul 19 Ghost Atmore 14
News GOP bill would let churches endorse political c... Jul 2 Retribution 54
News Pence: Trump will repeal Obama's health law by ... Jun 30 huntcoyotes 38
neighbor from hell (Aug '14) Jun 29 Mapleman 8
writing a book,need help on this"forgotten" par... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Ebankslaw-at-aol-com 16
Lowe's Jun '17 Brownie 1

Maple Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Heights Mortgages