Drunk drives into house on Rockside

Drunk drives into house on Rockside

Posted in the Maple Heights Forum

xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 14, 2013
Maple Heights, Ohio– Firefighters have successfully pulled a car out of a Maple Heights home.
It happened around 2:30 Monday morning.

Police say a car blew through a stop sign at East 141st Street and Rockside Road smashing into the house.

A couple was upstairs sleeping when the crash happened. They were trapped and had to be rescued by the fire department. The couple along with their dog and cat are all fine this morning.
The driver of the car was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center. Police suspect the person may have been drinking and driving.

Two houses on either side had to be evacuated because there was a gas leak. It took crews about an hour to dig up the sidewalk and locate the valve; as of 6 a.m. the gas was turned off.

The water company is on scene working to shut off water to the home.

The building commissioner was called to the scene to survey and see if it was safe to pull the car out. Crews pulled the car out of the front of the house just before 7:00 a.m.

A portion of Rockside Road that was closed for several hours has been reopened.

The homeowners say they’ve lived in this house for about 11 years. In 2005, another vehicle crashed into the house right next door.

http://fox8.com/2013/10/14/car-into-house-roc...
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#2 Oct 15, 2013
I saw that house on the way to the park the morning after it happened. I'd never buy a house at the end of a street like that just for this reason. There's a pretty lot of damage to the house. I hope that drunk has a lot of insurance.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3 Oct 15, 2013
I can understand getting drunk enough to hit a house, but that guy drove right into the darn thing. He cut some water and gas pipes which closed down the road for part of the day. I guarantee he didn't remember one thing about the incident the next day.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#4 Oct 15, 2013
And hen the drunk stands before the judge and is asked how do you plead? Naturally he'll say,'not guilty, your honor!', because that's what they say even when they're pulled out of the car by the police. lol He'll blame it on prescription meds or a fainting condition he has. lolol!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#5 Oct 15, 2013
Or maybe he'll say he is so distraught over the government shutdown. LOL!
neighbor

Cleveland, OH

#6 Oct 16, 2013
this guy was so drunk that he was still sitting in the car inside the house and kept saying "I didn't do anything" what? I swear he thought he was just parked somewhere, I would have to say that he was a sleep at the wheel at impact. the strange thing is that he managed to fit between a pole and a tree to get to the house. now a car probably just fits between there, not sure how that happened with out hitting either!!!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#7 Oct 16, 2013
neighbor wrote:
this guy was so drunk that he was still sitting in the car inside the house and kept saying "I didn't do anything" what? I swear he thought he was just parked somewhere, I would have to say that he was a sleep at the wheel at impact. the strange thing is that he managed to fit between a pole and a tree to get to the house. now a car probably just fits between there, not sure how that happened with out hitting either!!!
Several years ago on St. Patrick's day, I was heading back into the shop at the end of the day when I spotted a drunken driver on 480 west by 77. I called 911 but didn't seem to get much help. The dope on the other end told me he was going to call Independence police, but I explained that by the time they got out there, we would be in Parma, Cleveland or Brookpark.

So I kept following the drunk trying to keep other motorists from getting near her. Finally she veered off to the shoulder, the left wheels of her van went right on top of the guard rail and she rode it for about 30 feet that way. Finally she went into a pretty steep ditch.

Me and another motorist stopped and ran down the hill. The fat black female driver was startled and we told her to hang on for police. But then she tried to put her van back into gear to drive off. Where? I don't know because there was nowhere for her to go.

She had her seat belt on believe it or not, and in her hand was a styrofoam cup with a chunk of it missing the size and shape of her mouth. LOL!

If you offered to pay e a hundred thousand dollars, I could never do what she did and not roll the vehicle over even sober and with a few practice shots.

Sure gives credence to Guardian Angels.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#8 Oct 16, 2013
Maybe that fat black woman was a stunt driver.....ha-ha-ha-ha! And the reason why she didn't flip the van might be because of her weight! Yee-hee-hee-he!
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#9 Oct 16, 2013
neighbor wrote:
I get the feeling that if the guy said 'I didn't do anything', that he was black? That's the first thing out of their mouths after they DO something. lol!
neighbor

United States

#10 Oct 23, 2013
Actually for all of you to know is that it was a clean cut "White Guy" that ran into this house and thankfully he looked like he had insurance, I think all races drink & drive!!!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#11 Oct 23, 2013
neighbor wrote:
Actually for all of you to know is that it was a clean cut "White Guy" that ran into this house and thankfully he looked like he had insurance, I think all races drink & drive!!!
Sure they do. But this is called Playing the Odds. When you look on the street at people walking, what race are they? If you drive through this part of town after dark, what race are the other motorists?
Time to pay

Macedonia, OH

#12 Oct 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Or maybe he'll say he is so distraught over the government shutdown. LOL!
Thats funny
Garfielder

Cleveland, OH

#13 Oct 28, 2013
I never saw any updates on who this was and what happened to him...even in the Neighborhood News. Was it ever publicized anywhere?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14 Oct 28, 2013
Garfielder wrote:
I never saw any updates on who this was and what happened to him...even in the Neighborhood News. Was it ever publicized anywhere?
Yes it was. Take a look at my opening comment and you'll see a link there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Noise ordinance 4 hr xxxrayted 6
WB8N Help Wanted ! 14 hr W8GC 2
wb8n, health warning 14 hr W8URC 3
Does Oprah live in Maple Hts? (Jan '15) Tue W8GC 6
NODXA Used Rag, P E C K E R REEF. Tue W8GC 1
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Jul 27 swedenforever 123
W8GC, my Elmer for ham radio. Jul 26 W8URC 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maple Heights Mortgages