First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Darrell

Pearland, TX

#21 Feb 20, 2012
Just got back from Just Brakes in Pearland, across from Home Depot........what a fraud and rip-off.
Sally

Pearland, TX

#22 Mar 16, 2012
Just Brakes will tell you that you need an assortment of work to increase the bill. Do not believe them, they do all they can to say you need all this work done.

Avoid them !
Carol

Pearland, TX

#42 May 30, 2012
I am extremely disappointed in Just Brakes and the staff that works there. Although they seemed very nice and friendly at the start, I was completely shocked at their prognosis. I was told that my right front caliper was broken and needed to be repaired and that the cost would be over $460.00. After I told them to hold off on the repairs that I was going to take it somewhere else, the manager put me on hold and came back on the phone and offered to complete the repairs for $389.00. Right away I became suspicious of why I was not offered that price to begin with. I told them still that I would take it to another place to be repaired and the manager told me that they have already started the repairs and that I had to let them finish what they had already begun. Though I was not happy with that, I agreed.Once finished, I asked them to explain to me exactly what was wrong, once again they explained the caliper issue with me. One of the guys there went to look at my ticket, and strangely enough, the problem was not even written or recorded on my ticket! I took it to a Brake Check where I knew the manager, he is a family friend, and had him take a look at my car the very next day (yesterday). He told me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the front caliper, but that the rear ones were too close to the rotors and were over 240 degrees F when they went to touch them. He informed me that if I had driven much farther, then they could have caught on fire. If the Just Brakes staff hadn?t done it on purpose for sabotage, then they did not take the time or care to notice the issue, putting me and others on the road in extreme danger. Not only was the staff lying to me about the damage, most likely because I am a female and came in there by myself, but I could have been hurt.I will be reporting this to whoever I can in the Houston area and on websites that reference this location. Like I said before, I am extremely dissatisfied with Just Brakes and will never bring anot
Joseph

Pearland, TX

#43 May 30, 2012
I went there for their $99.95 brake special, but upon "inspection" of my car and brake system, they wanted to charge me well over $1000.00! I told them that was way too much, but they somehow found a way to drop the price around $400.00. I told them that was still ridiculous, and the guy asked me "how much I was working with". Not only was it rude, but extremely unprofessional. I took my car to a mom & pop place around the corner--they told me the only thing wrong was the worn pads, which they would replace for $140.00. Guess who I gave my business to???
Byron

Pearland, TX

#44 Jun 9, 2012
I needed front pads. Just brakes quoted me at 1300.00!!! I told them I would not pay that. They negotiated with me until they got the price down to 400.00!!! I laughed in their face and told them to put my truck back together. I took it to a mechanic referred by a co-worker. He fixed my brakes for 130.00!!! I will tell everyone I know in every form of communication I can what a true scam this 'company' is.
Ralph

Pearland, TX

#47 Oct 31, 2012
Just Brakes ripped off my sister-in-law.
Donald

Pearland, TX

#48 Nov 15, 2012
Check out Just Brakes on compliants.com
Clyde

Pearland, TX

#49 Feb 21, 2013
Rip-Off - Just Brakes

They are the biggest rip off artists that I have ever seen. The managers are told to look for things like car seats, or family pictures so that they can scare you into buying services. They mention your kids and spouse riding in the car with unsafe brakes just to scare you into paying for things that you don't realy need. They even have what they call the phone track, which everyone must memorize before the can even be considered for a management position. Everyone who answers the phone must know it, because you are not allowed to say anything over the phone that is not on the phone track. They even call from corporate office posing as customers to make sure you are going by the phone track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manvel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commercial & Residential Carpet Cleaning Compan... Dec 22 Gerald Vonberger 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: Windshield Replacement Repair Dec 15 Michael2327 1
Review: Keyless Entry Locks In Manvel (Nov '13) Dec 10 ghddasdrr 7
William Fitzpatrick charged with failing to ren... Dec 9 wtf friendswood 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Clinical Research Coordinator Nov '14 KMB 1

Manvel News Video

Manvel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Manvel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manvel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manvel

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:32PM
Making the Case for Watt as MVP
ESPN 5:24 PM
Jerry Jones: 'Nobody knows' his Bryant concerns
Bleacher Report 5:24 PM
Early Preview for NFC Wild Card Matchups
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Is This Dallas' Best Chance at Super Bowl During Romo Era?
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship