First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kenneth

Pearland, TX

#1 Nov 26, 2011
Just Brakes 1433 E. Broadway Pearland

Warning ! Warning ! Warning !

Avoid Just Brakes at all cost. They run an elaborate scam to try and get you to do brake work that you don't need. They quoted my brother in law $2000 for an assortment of repairs they say were needed. Once they have your vehicle on the rack with the tires and calipers removed they refuse to take NO for an answer. We ended up getting the $99 special for $337, we were willing to pay that to just get away from the place. The manager, Emilo Fernandez even had the nerve to say "we have to make money somehow".

Find hundreds of complaints at Compliants.com or Pissed Consumer.com to name a couple sites.

You've been warned.
James

Pearland, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2011
I took my truck by for the $99 brake special - "let me walk you around the truck and show you what is wrong with it sir." I am actually a certified mechanic, the manager proceeds to tell me all that is wrong with the brakes as we walk around.

It's called "Bait & Switch".
James

Pearland, TX

#3 Nov 26, 2011
Taken from Complaints.com

Reporting this in the hopes it will prevent other's from being a victim of Just Brakes. I am not a victim, but have been in the social situations of employees, namely the managers/qualified inspectors. The manager/qualified inspector's salery is based on a percentage of the daily/weekly/monthly tote. To make their paycheck they must convince you to add monetarily to your brake job. This is accomplished in the highest regard of salesmanship. 1. Owners of Volvos. You are THE #1 target. 2. Owners of Fords, most notably any Ford SUV, you are the #2 target. The Ford Focus, while not an SUV, is a target of disdain. 3. Women. While it may appear as if you are being treated equally, you are not, and you will be held in judgement by the vehicle you drive. 4. Just Brake's waiting room is purposely cramped and unpleasant. The store's locations are strategically placed within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping centers. 5. Any consumer can enter the work area and watch the work being done on their vehicle, this is never noted or offered. 6. The technicians that perform the work DO NOT receive any monetary perks from upgrades. They are paid at an hourly rate. HOWEVER, if upgrades or parts as needed should cause overtime, this would be their monetary plus. NOTE #7 BELOW: 7. Added UPGRADED parts to a work order are always within reach. It is the job of the manager or qualified inspector to do a call around to neighboring stores and gain parts not in stock. It is quite possible, in the event and highly unlikely, that this part is not in stock at neighboring Just Brakes location The part needed may be purchased by management over the counter at any auto parts store. 8. The TEST DRIVE for safety at the end. I personally viewed the 'test drive'. Your vehicle is being driven with reckless abandon, zero respect. 9. This is the toughest of all. Please read as 'Race/Gender Bias'. I will leave this unsaid, as it speaks volumes. 10. Technicians. This too is tough. You are mocked and belittled by management, yet fulfilling the work order and executing the job. These 10 points of Just Brakes are simply to provide you, the consumer with a general point of overall reference. I have purposely kept this report short and neat as I am not a victim, simply an insider. I hope this speaks volumes larger than dollars and cents.
James

Pearland, TX

#4 Nov 26, 2011
From an Ex-Manager:
I use to be a manager of a just brakes location. you want to know the funny part. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BRAKES. The reason why i got the original assitant position is because i have a sales background. Now ask yourself this question why would a legitimate brake shop need to hire salesmen. Well you have to have someone exprience in selling if you gonna sell the immorral bs they sell. Heres how it works and this is there training. Some one calls in for a price its always 9988 even if you know its there gonna be more for the vehicle whether theres a non stock pad fee or a larger truck fee you never inform them of that tell the vehicle is torn apart. Next you have the vehicle in while its being torn apart you are trainded to chat with the customer to try to build a =='repoire. this way you can try to get them to build trust with you. Next unless the systems contaminated you bring them in for what is called the WALK AROUND and this never changes for the vehicle and here is how it goes. The tech usually the other mngt team member introduces him self then this this the walk around... sir/mam the reason for your (stated complaint) is due to your wheel cynders leaking (if not visibally leaking then you say there sticking due to age and milelage doesnt matter if theres only 20000 miles on the vehicle if they question it thats what the mng/ast/=(salesman)if there for. now sir/mam do to the wheel cylinders not functioning your front calipers have overheated causing them to bind and not release correctly. Your pads are overheated and your shims are non reusable. Due to your rears not working correctly your rear hardware is weak and also needs replaced. due to the overheating upfront we will also need to replace the front hardware to. the play tech then turns to the mng aka salesman and says '(salesmans name) in order to fix mr/mrs so and sos problem i am going to need to replace the rear wheel cylinders and hardware. i am going to need to rebuild the front calipers and replace the hardware and shims. i would also suggest replacing the master cylinder due the the condition of the lower hydraulics. ill try to save the rotors and drums but i wont know till i machine them (which always never happens theyll need replace to by the time i got done w' the customer) Can you go ahead and give mrs/mr so a so a price and ill get the problem fixed. Now the salesman prices it note: theres no set few for parts mark up or other work thats the managers descrestion. I was told one time by the corporate office when i thought i was overpricing wheel cylinders to do it tell i get caught NO LIE. if the customer says no you try to counter the no with aggressive tatics Basically bad cop and if they say no then the tech will call and try to second effort the sale in a concerned manner (good cop). but if you ever had your car inspected at Just Brakes your walk around would have sounded the same unless they werent doing the way they were traing at what just brake calls 'THE WAY' school. Now if you refuse to do the extra work they will do the 99 88 special but wont machine the rotors (which if you check is part of the advertised service which last i check is considered fraud if not done.) the excuse i was suppose to give if called on not machining the rotors was they were to close to spec or were non machinable due to the overheating. But the real reason i come to find it not machining the rotors will cause the brakes to squeak pretty quickly. Now why would we want you to come back in two weeks later with squeaky brakes simple Now we can tell you the reason why there squeaking is because you didnt do the suggested repair work and thats part of the disclaimer you signed witch ulmatley says if you read line five of the trans warrenty that we dont have to warrnety damaged pads if there was suggested work not performed. Just watch out when you go to just brakes cause its no lie its a scam i been part of it take my word on it.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#5 Nov 27, 2011
Check out Compliants Board.......102 compliants against Just Brakes.
Kenneth

Pearland, TX

#6 Nov 30, 2011
504 Reports on Just Brakes on RipoffReport.com

They are a scam.
Kenneth

Pearland, TX

#7 Dec 4, 2011
Just Brakes is a total fraud.

They will bait and switch.

Check them out before doing business with them.
Charles

Pearland, TX

#8 Dec 14, 2011
JUST BRAKES - PEARLAND, TEXAS IF YOU WANNA BE RIPPED OFF BIG TIME JUST GO TO JUST BRAKES
Jason

Pearland, TX

#9 Dec 14, 2011
So my breaks were grinding. Took it to jb and they wanted to charge me almost 1000 dollars for rotors and break pads!!! Anyone needing break work better not go to jb. If u do you WILL get ripped off. I am so pissed they tried to charge me that much. From reading other reviews I see I'm not the first they try to rip off. I wish the bbb would launch an investigation against them- and fine them for their cheating ripp off ways!!. Well nothing I can do except warn you to not do business with them . Save your money.
Paul

Littleton, CO

#10 Jan 4, 2012
Kenneth wrote:
Just Brakes 1433 E. Broadway Pearland
Warning ! Warning ! Warning !
Avoid Just Brakes at all cost. They run an elaborate scam to try and get you to do brake work that you don't need. They quoted my brother in law $2000 for an assortment of repairs they say were needed. Once they have your vehicle on the rack with the tires and calipers removed they refuse to take NO for an answer. We ended up getting the $99 special for $337, we were willing to pay that to just get away from the place. The manager, Emilo Fernandez even had the nerve to say "we have to make money somehow".
Find hundreds of complaints at Compliants.com or Pissed Consumer.com to name a couple sites.
You've been warned.
wow......so they held you hostage forcing you pay them or do work AND charged you 3 times the $99 amount doing the same work and nothing more for the extra money, which im sure you were helpless on deciding to let them do the work.
Robert

Littleton, CO

#11 Jan 4, 2012
James wrote:
From an Ex-Manager. Just watch out when you go to just brakes cause its no lie its a scam i been part of it take my word on it.
I was recently at a Just Brakes, took my 07 Camry in for new brakes, the only thing i experienced similar to what you mentioned was they did take me in the shop and explain what was wrong with my brakes, none of which was the ugly sounding experience you described, I did spend $275 for some hardware and flushing the brakes in addition to pads, but my rotors WERE machined ok and i had a good experience even though i was expecting the $99 deal. I am in sales as well and some the things you mentioned like repoire is normal for any sales transaction, its a general courtesy, not a deceptive tactic, I like to buy from someone i like and not a clerk unless im in line at Wal+Mart. I dunno maybe im in the minority with my experience at Just Brakes, or maybe you're just a disgruntled ex employee, and maybe you wrte the one ripping people off, otherwise why come here to complain? Anyone reading this SHOULD research before they go there or any shop, to me thats just looking out for yourself. Hopefully people see comments left by people like "James" here and can take it with a grain of salt. By the way coincidentally there was a angry consumer on here with same name few days apart....hmm?
James

Pearland, TX

#12 Jan 4, 2012
It's real simple.......get on to Compliants.com and read the hundreds of compliants. After finishing with that go to Rip-off Reports and read hundreds more.

No, I never worked for Just Brakes. I know a fraud when one is presented. It's called bait and switch.

While your reading the complaints, be sure to read those written by past Managers and Employees of Just Brakes.

Oh, one more thing.......did you happen to watch the undercover video on 60 Minutes about Just Brakes.

The above two entries are from Dallas.......isn't that the headquarters for Just Brakes.........why would someone from Dallas be looking at Topix in Pearland unless you received complaints. Yes, I did send in a compliant to Dallas.

I will say again, and tell everyone I know "JUST BRAKES IS A TOTAL SCAM" !
James

Pearland, TX

#13 Jan 4, 2012
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
wow......so they held you hostage forcing you pay them or do work AND charged you 3 times the $99 amount doing the same work and nothing more for the extra money, which im sure you were helpless on deciding to let them do the work.
Sorry Paul........you've got to do better than that.

Besure to go to http://ripoffreport.com/ and you will be able to read at least 500+ more compliants against Just Brakes.
James

Pearland, TX

#14 Jan 4, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I was recently at a Just Brakes, took my 07 Camry in for new brakes, the only thing i experienced similar to what you mentioned was they did take me in the shop and explain what was wrong with my brakes, none of which was the ugly sounding experience you described, I did spend $275 for some hardware and flushing the brakes in addition to pads, but my rotors WERE machined ok and i had a good experience even though i was expecting the $99 deal. I am in sales as well and some the things you mentioned like repoire is normal for any sales transaction, its a general courtesy, not a deceptive tactic, I like to buy from someone i like and not a clerk unless im in line at Wal+Mart. I dunno maybe im in the minority with my experience at Just Brakes, or maybe you're just a disgruntled ex employee, and maybe you wrte the one ripping people off, otherwise why come here to complain? Anyone reading this SHOULD research before they go there or any shop, to me thats just looking out for yourself. Hopefully people see comments left by people like "James" here and can take it with a grain of salt. By the way coincidentally there was a angry consumer on here with same name few days apart....hmm?
Robert / Paul.........during your spare time get on http://ripoffreport.com/ and read the 500+ compliants against Just Brakes..........from past customers and previous employees, they can't all be wrong could they.

Oh......didn't 60 Minutes or 20/20 do a segment about Just Brakes conducting a bait and switch scam ? If you would like me to attach the link please let me know.
Winston

Pearland, TX

#15 Jan 8, 2012
More compliants (143) against Just Brakes

Just Brakes @ Pissed Consumer
Winston

Pearland, TX

#16 Jan 8, 2012
Malcom

Pearland, TX

#17 Jan 8, 2012
Just Brakes Will Rip You Off !

Brake job scams are so popular that whole franchise businesses such as Just Brakes have been built around them and specialize in just doing brake jobs. These companies have recognized the pure profit potential from performing brake service.

Brake scams are easily sold to the UN educated consumer do to the safety factors involved.

Once again Just Brakes uses this to their advantage and sells you unneeded services in the name of safety.
Loretta

Pearland, TX

#18 Jan 25, 2012
It gets worse because there are actually over 1,000 complaints about JustBrakes on Rip Off Report. This does not include what is (in my opinion) the thousands of other customers who may have been ripped off but didnít complain about it. You can also read about Just Brakes on Pissed Consumer.
Loretta

Pearland, TX

#19 Jan 25, 2012
More compliants against Just Brakes

http://www.google.com/url...
Marsha

Pearland, TX

#20 Feb 5, 2012
Just Brakes on 518 or Broadway in Pearland is a total rip-off. They will put your car on the rack, take wheels apart and say you need all this brake work done at a cost of hundreds of dollars. It's all a scam, avoid them at all cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manvel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Liberal forever 18,787
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 7 hr Fossilfarts 386
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 13 hr Gasman 22,769
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 597
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 693
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 808
What the Hell Is Sizzurp? (Mar '13) Sep 23 MOWiE WOWiE 10

Manvel News Video

Manvel Dating
Find my Match

Manvel Jobs

Manvel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Manvel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manvel

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]