AP NewsBreak: Parents of dead TCNJ st...

AP NewsBreak: Parents of dead TCNJ student sue school

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 3, 2008, titled AP NewsBreak: Parents of dead TCNJ student sue school. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nearly two years after the body of a College of New Jersey freshman was discovered in a landfill, the parents of John Fiocco Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

arnesta

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2008
DARWIN_AWARD_FINALIST wrote:
If this "student" wasn't smart enough to NOT fall into a trash compactor he was obviously too stupid to be in college.
If he was murdered and his body dumped in the compactor I fail to see how locking a dumpster would have prevented his death.
He was in the top of his graduating class, he was brilliant! The ENTIRE room that contained the compacting system should have been locked as to prevent CHILDREN from playing with a deadly machine. Talk about stupid...
hmmmm

Stony Brook, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2008
arnesta wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in the top of his graduating class, he was brilliant! The ENTIRE room that contained the compacting system should have been locked as to prevent CHILDREN from playing with a deadly machine. Talk about stupid...
a 19 YEAR OLD MAN should know not to PLAY with a deadly machine....especially if he was BRILLIANT!
arnesta

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2008
who said HE was playing with it? i don't believe HE put himself there...& he was BRILLIANT!
wow

Fort Mill, SC

#5 Mar 3, 2008
DARWIN_AWARD_FINALIST wrote:
If this "student" wasn't smart enough to NOT fall into a trash compactor he was obviously too stupid to be in college.
If he was murdered and his body dumped in the compactor I fail to see how locking a dumpster would have prevented his death.
As a good friend of John I know that he would never have done anything like this to himself. He was NOT stupid. He would not and did not fall into the trash compactor. If everything was locked Johnny would not have been crushed to death. I support his family 100% in what they are doing right now.
Shannon Fiocco

Woodbury, NJ

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Johnny was my cousin. No amount of money can bring him back nomatter how much that lawsuit is. Nothing can make all of us kids, the cousins and his brother and sisters feel better about sleeping at night. This has made us all fearful to go to college. That is all it has done. Its pretty ridiculous that at a college so big nobody seen or heard anything that night. Somebody knows and they are afraid. That person(s) needs to come foward even if its done anonymously. My family has always been one of the tightest families I have ever came across. Family vacations, birthday parties, holiday gatherings, not every family has that. Not every kid has an aunt and uncle that would be there for them reguardless of the occasion, to help, to offer advice, to spend time with, and to take responsibility if anything happened to our parents. This was my uncle john and aunt susan, and they did not deserve to lose their kid over something that could have prevented. And I think that lawsuit is a statement of that. Its not about the money, hell i would live on the streets if I knew that money would bring him back. Johnny's immediate family have always been the most fun and happy family of the bunch. Now its nothing but tears. I hope the person that did this can not sleep at night. I hope guilt eats at him every day, and just knowing that he has to live with that for the rest of his life, how could he survive? He must not have a heart. And if anyone knew anything that wont come foward then they dont have a heart either. They missed out on getting to know a great kid. I would never take back any of the times I had with him. I know now he is looking over my shoulder, guiding me and protecting me from people like that. I love you Johnny and I always will. RIP
Shannon Fiocco

Woodbury, NJ

#7 Mar 3, 2008
He wasn't stuped. If he was, he would've never made it to college. Coming from someone who knew him as long as i was born, johnny was brilliant. He had straight A's every semester from elementary school on. His parents would be dissappointed if he got a B, and that is only because they knew how smart he was. He could write a paper in less than an hour, he could draw portraits of anyone you can name and it looked professional, he was good at everything he tried. Sports, Art, School, you name it. And he had many friends. Hoonestly I have never seen so many people at a funeral service. Every teen drinks every once and a while at parties. I am the age he was when he died. I am 19, and I know for a fact that almost every kid gets drunk once in a blue moon, nomatter how smart they are. And if he was sleeping and someone knocked him unconscious, which can happen very easily when you are drinking and you are hit in the head, and he was thrown in a trash chute and was compacted as soon as he hit the bottom, how did he have control of that. He didn't throw himself down. He was a football player, how could he get his body down that thing as a joke. Theres no way, nothing adds up. But I will tell you all this, you have something ignorant to say about him, come talk to me, because unless you know him, and unless you know what his favorite tv show was, his favorite band, what his favorite color was, or who is best friend was, you dont know shit. I guarantee that.
arnesta

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2008
Beautifully said, Shannon! I hope the lawsuit proves how negligent this school was. I pray for peace & FINALLY some truth to what happened to your cousin. You're right, 19 year olds drink, it should not lead to their death, someone knows something & I hope they can't sleep knowing they're keeping this terrible secret. How can they live with themselves? I hope you can all find some sort of peace with this. From what I've read, he was an incredible young man that you were all blessed to love. Peace be with you!
dark lady

Trenton, NJ

#9 Oct 6, 2008
John did not go down a chute nor did he climb into the dumpster. Two people attacked him and tossed him into the dumpster. He hurt his arm and hit his head on the dumpster. The loss of blood was due to the cut on his head which resulted in his death. More than one person knows what happened that night. But the people resonsible have a bond of silence. The case can be solved, if they would only look deeper.
dark lady

Trenton, NJ

#10 Oct 6, 2008
John did not go down a chute nor did he climb into the dumpster. Two people attacked him and tossed him into the dumpster. He hurt his arm and hit his head on the dumpster. The loss of blood was due to the cut on his head which resulted in his death. More than one person knows what happened that night. But the people responsible have a bond of silence. The case can be solved, if they would only look deeper.
sharon

Medford, NJ

#11 Jun 9, 2009
To the family of this young man...I didn't know him but my heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers. My son is starting at TCNJ in Sept. It is a beautiful, small, safe campus and it's true that the students are very bright but something seems fishy about this whole thing. I've seen those dorms and the "chute", it is placed away from the rooms so if he was alone then maybe no one heard anything....
I hope for the families sake, the truth will come out and I pray that he didn't suffer in any way.
God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mantua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recommendations for a good gynecologist in Mana... Fri Sunny R 1
Review: Mr Cuts (Mar '10) Oct '17 chrysbeach 6
News Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christm... (Nov '16) Aug '17 samt 5
Verizon Pilesgrove Wireless Zone Backpack Giveaway Jul '17 PilesgroveWireles... 1
dunrite bulkhead company (Aug '12) Jun '17 Sue 9
Bugs in coffee at Manahawkin Flee market May '17 Snow Birds 4
CHAT Mantua Community Page (Dec '14) May '17 Denhope 2

Mantua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mantua Mortgages