Lavallette Police Corruption

Posted in the Mantoloking Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JAC

AOL

#1 Aug 3, 2007
Much ado has been made over the Seaside Park police in recent Asbury Park Press articles. I have owned property in Seaside Park since 1969 and have yet to have any problems with our police.
On the other hand, the Lavallete police force has had a long history of corruption here on the Island, going back many years,other people from neighboring towns will not drive thru Lavallette or attempt every way possible to avoid having to do so.
Recently a young man was murdered/wrongful death at the hands of the Lavalette police; one of their officers committed suicide and a very bright young female officer was forced to leave the dept. in disgrace amidst some pretty serious sexual harrassment allegations against the department.
How many times will one smell smoke before they realize there is a serious fire?
When will the county or federal prosecutors step in and address this long history of corruption that most locals are aware of in the Lavallette PD?
Isn't it a disgace that people from neighboring communities will not go into lavallette to do business, yet alone drive through there for fear?
Where are the scales of Justice? they are certainly not in Lavallette and when one puts the scales of justice in the hands of young, overzealous and unreasonable "police" --- people better watch out or even better avoid the town altogether whenever possible.
casper

Huntington Station, NY

#2 Nov 11, 2007
I find it disturbing and downright disgusting that you can so easily post such garbage. A grand jury found absolutely no wrong doing by the police dept. with regards to the death that occurred many years ago. So why put that some one was murdered? Two, that very bright female officer was not forced to leave the dept... She chose to quit on her own. Lavallette was the third dept. that she worked for in 6 years, maybe she finally realized that she never was cut out for police work? Maybe it took the death of an officer for her to realize what her actions finally caused? Three departments in six years, what's the common denominator here? Are you going to tell me that all of the other departments were problematic too? Sorry but I don’t buy it. There is no corruption in the police dept… If you are going to say there is well then you better have proof. As far as people being afraid to drive through or to do business, this again is total fabrication. People commute through town, enjoy coming over here for dinner and the beach. Those who have warrants out for there arrest, drunk drivers and general low life’s are the ones who are afraid and they should be. The police dept. does a great job of keeping the trash out of town. If you are not doing anything wrong there is nothing to fear. As for your quote “Where are the scales of Justice? they are certainly not in Lavallette and when one puts the scales of justice in the hands of young, overzealous and unreasonable "police".
Justice is not placed in their hands, Lavallette has a court with a judge, yes a real honest to god judge that guarantees everyone a fair trial at there court appearance. You sound like some one that maybe shouldn’t have been doing something and probably got caught for it by the police there. Now you are just a salty miserable coward towards them and the borough that is Lavallette.
Casper

Huntington Station, NY

#3 Nov 11, 2007
I find it disturbing and downright disgusting that you can so easily post such garbage. A grand jury found absolutely no wrong doing by the police dept. with regards to the death that occurred many years ago. So why put that some one was murdered? Two, that very bright female officer was not forced to leave the dept... She chose to quit on her own. Lavallette was the third dept. that she worked for in 6 years, maybe she finally realized that she never was cut out for police work? Maybe it took the death of an officer for her to realize what her actions finally caused? Three departments in six years, what's the common denominator here? Are you going to tell me that all of the other departments were problematic too? Sorry but I don’t buy it. There is no corruption in the police dept… If you are going to say there is well then you better have proof. As far as people being afraid to drive through or to do business, this again is total fabrication. People commute through town, enjoy coming over here for dinner and the beach. Those who have warrants out for there arrest, drunk drivers and general low life’s are the ones who are afraid and they should be. The police dept. does a great job of keeping the trash out of town. If you are not doing anything wrong there is nothing to fear. As for your quote “Where are the scales of Justice? they are certainly not in Lavallette and when one puts the scales of justice in the hands of young, overzealous and unreasonable "police".
Justice is not placed in their hands, Lavallette has a court with a judge, yes a real honest to god judge that guarantees everyone a fair trial at there court appearance. You sound like some one that maybe shouldn’t have been doing something and probably got caught for it by the police there. Now you are just a salty miserable coward towards them and the borough that is Lavallette.
winner

Toms River, NJ

#5 Jan 11, 2008
JAC sounds like a criminal. Criminals hate cops. end of discussion
Philadelphia Ave

Ashland, VA

#6 Nov 23, 2008
I called the LPD to enforce cars parked all over the fire lane both in front of my house and at the corner next to the church. The Sgt arrived and I pointed out 8 cars in violation. This town clown told me that parking was of a premium and he was not going to write these locals going to church. I told him I was the owner of the home and was concerned with the whole fire lane blocked. He would not write a ticket. I took pictures and sent it to the city council and did not even get a returned letter. I did get a parking ticket for parking in front of my own driveway a short time later. These guys are the best, and the sad thing is all they know is traffic enforcement. They also disregard the lifeguards that park and block the firelane at the ocean in front of my house while they are taking swimming lessons.
Left

Irvington, NJ

#7 Aug 28, 2009
I agree. The Lavallette Police Department is an insular organization that is devoid of correct police procedure and ignorant of civil rights. Sgt. Andrews has fabricated police reports in the past.
Philadelphia Ave wrote:
I called the LPD to enforce cars parked all over the fire lane both in front of my house and at the corner next to the church. The Sgt arrived and I pointed out 8 cars in violation. This town clown told me that parking was of a premium and he was not going to write these locals going to church. I told him I was the owner of the home and was concerned with the whole fire lane blocked. He would not write a ticket. I took pictures and sent it to the city council and did not even get a returned letter. I did get a parking ticket for parking in front of my own driveway a short time later. These guys are the best, and the sad thing is all they know is traffic enforcement. They also disregard the lifeguards that park and block the firelane at the ocean in front of my house while they are taking swimming lessons.
Left

Irvington, NJ

#8 Aug 28, 2009
The Lavallette police department is devoid of correct procedure and is ignorant of basic civil rights. Sgt. Andrews has fabricated police reports in the past. The judge passed the first two sobriety tests and the matter should have ended there.
Teacher

Mililani, HI

#10 Sep 29, 2009
I am not one of the low life people you speak of. I am a teacher in a local school district who used to drive through lava to get to work every morning. I was pulled over three times in one month and realized I was being mocked and picked on. Officers openly smirked at me during these stops. From going 5mph over the speed limit in January to seat belt violations. They know who I am but I will never get a break. I now go through toms river instead.

Yet Artie Reiss drives back from Crabs Claw drunk as a skunk on a regular basis. But it is okay because he is a Lava Cop. He is also overweight to the point that it must affect his job performance. 300lbs +?
real local

Newark, DE

#11 Oct 11, 2009
Casper wrote:
thank you, none of the people here actually live in the town and have no idea what they are talking about, they don't do anything out of line and yes, maybe they treat the locals a little differently and that's because we don't treat the m like crap or slander them like everybody else on this board
Random Person

Mililani, HI

#12 Oct 12, 2009
real local living in Philly? I have a job in TR Schools. I've lived in Lavallette for 5 years. Go home benny.
real local

Newark, DE

#13 Oct 12, 2009
hahaha i dont live in philly i'm at school... and 5 years??? congrats!!! wowww i'm really proud of you, you really must have a bond with the town after just 5 years. please you go home.
one for the cops

Plainsboro, NJ

#14 Oct 21, 2009
Some teacher you are you cant even spell officer reece's name. Yet I have not seen that officer there in many years. He is one hell of a cop, you must of received a few tickets from him. as per his weight I see no bearing on his job performance. You just sound bitter. Officer Reece keep up the good work.
pissednj

Red Bank, NJ

#15 May 17, 2011
ticket for parking the wrong way? with no sign to explain said parking requirements? after spending $400 to eat a very good meal in a local restaurant, another $50 to park? kind of silly, especially in the off season, wasn't aware there was a 'right' way to park, post a sign inbreds
Summer10

Huntington Station, NY

#16 Aug 28, 2011
The Lavallette police are the worst! And yes, I live here. 12 years actually, though that may not be a long time according to a certain person. There are so many shady, disrespectful things I have seen them do over the years. They have harrased my husband more than once for just sitting in his car directly in front of our house. During the most recent snow storm we helped them get out of the snow and then they just left us there to fend for ourselves! Don't even bother to call to ask a question, if your not hung up on be sure to have an attitude thrown at you. They walk around as if they are better than anyone. We are nice people, never cause trouble we love this town and we respect it. Over the years it has gotten worse.
Former Lavallette Residen

Nutley, NJ

#17 Aug 31, 2011
My family lived in Lavallette for 53 years. My father built a home there when the town was barren swamp land. I agree with the comments about Officer Andrews. He has fabriicated police reports and serves as a poor example of law enforcement. Unfortubatelly, he males the competent, dedicted police officers look bad.
Summer10 wrote:
The Lavallette police are the worst! And yes, I live here. 12 years actually, though that may not be a long time according to a certain person. There are so many shady, disrespectful things I have seen them do over the years. They have harrased my husband more than once for just sitting in his car directly in front of our house. During the most recent snow storm we helped them get out of the snow and then they just left us there to fend for ourselves! Don't even bother to call to ask a question, if your not hung up on be sure to have an attitude thrown at you. They walk around as if they are better than anyone. We are nice people, never cause trouble we love this town and we respect it. Over the years it has gotten worse.
The Road to Ruin Club

Long Branch, NJ

#18 Nov 8, 2011
Bennies Suck :) stay in VA!
Philadelphia Ave wrote:
RealCop

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2012
I was pulled over in their off season for 5mph over the speed limit. After being yelled at for 35minutes and getting about 3 tickets thrown in my face, and having 3 squad cars on me, I finally decided to show them my detective badge. As soon as they found out I was a cop w higher rank their attitude changed dramatically. Iv been a cop in Newark for 10yrs and have seen and dealt w the worst, not to mention served our country. Lavallette is a beach town full of elderlys and family, I see no need for the attitudes that departement posesses. They told me to forget about the tickets and apologized, but I kept the tickets and paid them all. Our department makes fun of these "cops"....oh and Sgt. Andrews only is a jerk bcuz his daughter died and he just likes to take it out on every1 else.I feel bad for his wife. Along with a major failed attempt to look like a decent bodybuilder, he looks like a joke. They whole department is laughing stock and is in no means respected.
oc js

Lavallette, NJ

#20 Apr 23, 2012
I am writing this letter as a concerned citizen. I recently had made contact with a Sergeant Jon Andrews, Badge number 30. The reason for our meeting was a motor vehicle stop. I was pulled over and accused of speeding at a rate of over 55mph on route 35 north. I was nowhere near that speed in fact I had my cruise control on set at 44mph, Yes still speeding. Sgt. Jon Andrews, approached my driver’s side door immediately yelling at me and asking me why I was traveling a such a high rate of speed on HIS highway. Sgt. Andrews asked me several other questions in which I replied to, but he thought I was lying to him. I tried to kindly explain to him that I was not traveling at the accused speed and informed him of my actually speed of 44mph that I was traveling. Sgt. Jon Andrews, then appeared as if he was flexing his muscles and wanted me to look at how big and tough he was in such an intimidating manor. Sgt. Andrews told me to stop my lying before he takes me out of my vehicle and I meet Mr. Pavement. Not sure who that is, but I was confused why I would be meeting someone else on such a routine traffic stop. There was another officer on scene so I wasn’t sure if that was Mr. Pavement, but he stood in the background and did not say anything. It almost appeared that the other officer has seen this action from Sgt. Andrews before and did not want to be involved in such this situation. I felt that Sgt. Andrews was very abusive in nature, and abused his powers in any way he could. I’m not saying he didn’t have a right to pull me over, because I was speeding doing 44mph, but they way he spoke to me was totally out of line. Sgt. Andrews appeared he was trying to instigate an argument from me just so he could use those muscles of his. After about ten minutes of being humiliated and degraded by Sgt. Andrews, he let me go on a warning. I almost felt that I would have rather received a ticket for speeding 44 in a 35 then have dealt with that out of line Officer.
Bennys suck

Voorhees, NJ

#21 May 6, 2012
So next time the burglar that is sitting in his car out front your house breaks into your home bc you didn't like the cops asking why he was there then you can actually have a legit complaint
Summer10 wrote:

Since: Apr 12

Andover, NJ

#22 Jun 12, 2012
Lava by far is one of the top most corrupt departments in new jersey they should be watched themselves their actions are truly disgusting and something should be done about it. Steroids run wild in their department and they should all be drug tested as well i dont believe they would have much of a force after that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mantoloking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelsey tate Nov '14 Hmmm 1
Orthodox Jews enlisting Lakewood cops for Sabba... Nov '14 Equality to women 1
What Sandy didnt take criminal RE Professional... Nov '14 HangdownyourheadT... 1
Paving Begins November 4 on Brielle Road in Man... Nov '14 GoEagles 1
sea girt inn (Sep '06) Nov '14 MaryQ 144
Paranormal New Jersey: Ghost hunters espouse 'p... (Jun '14) Nov '14 LOL 2
Review: East Coast Storage Equipment Oct '14 LaxFedmoon 3

Mantoloking News Video

Mantoloking Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mantoloking People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mantoloking News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mantoloking