All Car & Truck Repair of Roanoke Island (AKA) Scam Artist Mechanics

Posted in the Manteo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
terry

Angier, NC

#3 Jul 21, 2009
yea, right. i dont know about all that, but they have worked on three of my four vehicles and did a good job at more then a reasonable rate. vehicles are complicated now days, and it takes education and equiptment to work on them. all of which costs. if you went there expecting something for nothing. then you probally got what you expected. as for the dad never being there. when ever i come up hes alwayz busy working on a coustmers vehicle. id rather go to a mom an pop place anyday instead of one of the high dollar chain shops. keep up the good work all car.....
Surviving

Barnegat, NJ

#5 Jul 22, 2009
The Owner is very rude and abrupt, he's also very impatient. Any of the stores he deals with he treats them like dirt, i've seen three occasions where he was very rude to the people in one of the local auto parts store, and was upset on one of these occasions because they would not be open on a holiday. He has also has a very foul mouth in front of young children. He's very difficult to deal with.
Could be Worse

Charleston, SC

#6 Jul 24, 2009
Not to be overly rude but if we each actually did our homework, we would find that each auto-shop on this beach has had it's share of horror stories. I have a few personal horror stories from the few shops I have tried on the beach and trust me it could always be worse. Jessica I won't comment on your friend's situation because I don't know all the details but I agree with Terry on this one. You can't expect something for nothing...and quite frankly most of the people these days expect it served on a silver platter for virtually free. The trucks I take to have worked on, all go to All Car and have all been done very well in regards to professionalism.
To "Surviving," unfortunately most people these days have a foul mouth but you might want to talk to a few local elementary school teachers about the language and attitude they deal with on a daily basis from their students. Since you have the "opportunity" to choose things, just go somewhere else at your leisure so you don't have to deal with the language.
Jessica

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Jul 24, 2009
Could be Worse wrote:
Not to be overly rude but if we each actually did our homework, we would find that each auto-shop on this beach has had it's share of horror stories. I have a few personal horror stories from the few shops I have tried on the beach and trust me it could always be worse. Jessica I won't comment on your friend's situation because I don't know all the details but I agree with Terry on this one. You can't expect something for nothing...and quite frankly most of the people these days expect it served on a silver platter for virtually free. The trucks I take to have worked on, all go to All Car and have all been done very well in regards to professionalism.
To "Surviving," unfortunately most people these days have a foul mouth but you might want to talk to a few local elementary school teachers about the language and attitude they deal with on a daily basis from their students. Since you have the "opportunity" to choose things, just go somewhere else at your leisure so you don't have to deal with the language.
My friends took their car there to have the distributor replaced and then the guy called and said he hurt his back and it would be 3 weeks before he could work on it! No one can go 3 weeks without a car! They told him there would be no charge for their car sitting there for 3 days and then when they went to get it they were charged $40.
Could be Worse

Charleston, SC

#8 Jul 25, 2009
Jessica,

That does sound like a shame then for your friend's situation being told one thing and having it turned out entirely different. Of course, out of curiosity, I have to ask if you are really getting the full story from your friend concerning the incident, it is amazing at how particular details can get left out.
M Manteo

AOL

#9 Jul 26, 2009
Could be Worse wrote:
Jessica,
That does sound like a shame then for your friend's situation being told one thing and having it turned out entirely different. Of course, out of curiosity, I have to ask if you are really getting the full story from your friend concerning the incident, it is amazing at how particular details can get left out.
This shop has worked on 3 of our cars....I find them to be courtious, quick, inexpensive and have diagnosed all problems correctly. I would recommend them to anyone.
Jessica

Kitty Hawk, NC

#10 Jul 27, 2009
Could be Worse wrote:
Jessica,
I was with them when all this happened so no details have been left out.
Jessica

Kitty Hawk, NC

#11 Jul 27, 2009
M Manteo wrote:
<quoted text>
This shop has worked on 3 of our cars....I find them to be courtious, quick, inexpensive and have diagnosed all problems correctly. I would recommend them to anyone.
I don't think they'll last. The only thing they've got going for them is that they're open 7 days a week till 9PM. Other than that, they'll never make it. They're rude, they're overpriced, and that's that. How can you charge someone $40 because you said you had to run a diagnostic on the engine 3 weeks after you already supposedly did it but yet their business cards at Hatchells says it's only $19.95? Can we say rip off?
Surviving

Barnegat, NJ

#12 Jul 28, 2009
In response to Could Be Worse, So by your comparasion The local buisness owner of all car and truck has the same amount of personal control over his actions in front of customers as elementary age students do while learning in a classroom? I was simply stating my personal experience with the buisness, you however have percieved a much worse outcome of their buisness practices.
don dwyer

Angier, NC

#14 Aug 18, 2009
I recently went to the owner,Fred,explaining that my 93 Geo's key would lock in the tumbler and would not allow me to start the car. Fred stated he could repair it ,but suggested it would be less expensive if I ordered a new key from a GM dealer as the key might be worn down due to the age of the vehicle. I did as he suggested and it worked, saving me a considerable amout of money. I am very satisfied with my first visit and consider him a class act.
yokel

Manteo, NC

#15 Aug 19, 2009
I use them all the time and have been impressed with their speed, availability and knowledge.
William

Smithfield, NC

#16 Aug 19, 2009
All Car has worked on my cars as well as my friends cars and the work was well done at a good price. They also have the best prices on tires.
Penny in PA

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 23, 2009
I got a flat on 95 south at 11pm.No jack or lug wrench.State police came and called a towing service he was nice enough to put my tire on right there.I thought they would want to tow it somewhere. $85 and I was on my way. When I got to kitty hawk I called around for a new tire and no one had 15's,I was only in town for 2 days. They didn't even offer to find me one.I called all tire and they had it for me tues morning.I got a new tire mounted and balanced for $50. I have never found a new tire that cheap. Fred was busy so his son put the tire on for me.He is running a business he doesn't have time to mess around they were very busy when I was there and it was after 7 pm. It would be worth the drive down there to get new tires.I would recommend them to anyone.Freds wife is very nice also. And I love the fish tank toilet. Thanks guys.
Jessica

Kitty Hawk, NC

#19 Oct 24, 2009
paul manteo wrote:
<quoted text>
my family takes all our cars here, my son had his brakes changed for half the price of any where else, tires are cheaper but of best quality,... they fixed my trucks electrical problem in seconds flat and charged me little , a dealer charged me $600 and it was still broken, I have heard nothing but great reviews from friends and coworkers.... It is a shame that 100 people will get great service and not write , but a preson who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who says his car was not fixed and he had the police called on him sounds fishy ... and all the replies by jessica sure seems like somthing else is a foot, and the drug charges and attacking the family please ignore jessica and look at the letters of thanks on the wall of the shop,
I WAS WITH THEM! It's not heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend idiot. It just seems to be part of the good ol boys crap that goes on around here. I was born and raised here in Dare County and have never lived any where else. My friend is the same way. We're not Midgetts, Tillets, or Daniels which is probably why the scam artists thought they could get away with being jerks. As far as look at the letters of thanks on the wall, can u tell me ANYONE that would put negative letters on the wall of their business? As far as the drug charges and attacking the family, I know nothing of that. I just know what I saw.
GMV

Clayton, NC

#20 Sep 29, 2010
I just had tires and alignment done. Saved almost $100 on tires alone. Busy and did the job, took almost 2 hrs.
I'd go back!
carguy

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2010
I have had a couple of my vehicles worked on there. They are quick, cheap, and good. Fred is a total ASHOLE though. They also have the BEST prices on tires on the beach. He sells tires cheaper than colonys cost and another unnamed wholesales cost on tires.
Frank

Kitty Hawk, NC

#22 Oct 2, 2010
Great place for tires. Highly recommended.
Duh

Holly Springs, NC

#24 Oct 21, 2010
how about kinnakeeter's stay away from manteo?
kyle

Kitty Hawk, NC

#25 Nov 12, 2010
I can't believe this is the same all car in manteo I know. They have always been great to me, nice people who you can trust, and even though they work 12 hour days every day, they are too busy for some stuff which is their only problem I think. Other than that, where in this area of OBX is better? None.
Ed S

Kitty Hawk, NC

#27 Apr 5, 2011
This shop is excellent and the people are very efficient.
I asked for recommendations in Manteo and two people suggested All Car. They beat the price on four tires for a Ford Explorer by almost $100.
I had four tires mounted and balanced, an oil change and an inspection. All done perfectly, on time, at the price I was given.
Somebody here is dissing a competitor. All Car is is good shop and I will use them again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manteo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's Governor Says Offshore Drillin... 20 hr Bruce Jenners VaJ... 16
News Coast Guard Rescue Near Bonner Bridge (Jan '10) Apr 21 benulmer 4
dork donuts / duck donuts Apr 21 Duh uh uh 11
" Ellens Pawsitive Place for Dogs" (Nov '10) Apr 20 rocco siffredi 24
All Car and Truck Repair of Roanoke Island (AKA... (Dec '09) Apr 19 byrd 36
Who would you say is the biggest sociopath on t... Apr 16 1chz Tony 12
Those two in Wanchese might get their half dead... Apr 6 Silly Rabbit 7
More from around the web

Manteo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]