Dare County jail inmate dead in appar...

Dare County jail inmate dead in apparent suicide

There are 3 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Jun 25, 2012, titled Dare County jail inmate dead in apparent suicide. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is looking into the suicide of an inmate at the Dare County Detention Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

Charlie Korbach

Manteo, NC

#1 Jun 29, 2012
Matt and I rode from Nags Head to Virginia Beach, Virginia and back several times a week regularly. Matt had threatened to commit suicide on several occasions. Matt had been having problems with his marriage for as long as I knew him.

Matt was not capable of keeping a job because he would take drugs regularly. For him, being normal meant being at the point of almost knobing out because he was so full of some drug.

Matt wanted to heal his marriage but the drug abuse made it impossible. I was in his car when he was driving and not able to stay in his lane. Imagine someone driving out of the lane they were in one hundred times withing an hour. Imagine them sliding onto an interstate sideways when they were susposed to merge onto the interstae. This was when it had been raining previously. When Matt gained control of his Jeep he looked over at me and said, "Do you think I was going to fast?" I said yes.

Matt had to go to a Methedone clinic regularly to keep from going into withdrawals. When he got "take homes", which was a daily dose in a little bottle that one would take home and use the next day to keep from having to drive so much. Instead of taking the "take home dose" in the little bottle, Matt would take the dose as soon as he got into his car so he would feel good. If he had two take homes, he would get the second one into his system as quickly as possible. At first Matt was embarrased to "bang" the Methedone in front of me. He quickly realized it was not a big deal to me and that I would not say anything negetive about it to him.

I believe Matt was sent to Raleigh to go through withdrawals while being carefully watched and given medicines to make it a little easier. When he returned to Manteo I am sure he was still feeling terrible, worse than we can imagine. He was feeling very low and did not have the tools to deal with his situation. Matt was smart and I feel like he figured out a way to take his life. I don't think he realized he would be worse off after the suicide. Biblically one is sent straight to the Father after take the life of a human being. It is considered murder.

I have been asking God to have mercy on Matt and to please forgive him. Matt was my friend and I did all I could to coach him into living correctly and I tried to educate him as to how to remedy his marriage. He was just beginning to realize what I was telling him was the truth. I will miss Matt and I pray that his wife will be able to deal with his death without and guilt on her part.

--Charlie Korbach, 6/29/2012, Friday
Paul

Manteo, NC

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Charlie Korbach wrote:
Matt and I rode from Nags Head to Virginia Beach, Virginia and back several times a week regularly. Matt had threatened to commit suicide on several occasions. Matt had been having problems with his marriage for as long as I knew him.
Matt was not capable of keeping a job because he would take drugs regularly. For him, being normal meant being at the point of almost knobing out because he was so full of some drug.
Matt wanted to heal his marriage but the drug abuse made it impossible. I was in his car when he was driving and not able to stay in his lane. Imagine someone driving out of the lane they were in one hundred times withing an hour. Imagine them sliding onto an interstate sideways when they were susposed to merge onto the interstae. This was when it had been raining previously. When Matt gained control of his Jeep he looked over at me and said, "Do you think I was going to fast?" I said yes.
Matt had to go to a Methedone clinic regularly to keep from going into withdrawals. When he got "take homes", which was a daily dose in a little bottle that one would take home and use the next day to keep from having to drive so much. Instead of taking the "take home dose" in the little bottle, Matt would take the dose as soon as he got into his car so he would feel good. If he had two take homes, he would get the second one into his system as quickly as possible. At first Matt was embarrased to "bang" the Methedone in front of me. He quickly realized it was not a big deal to me and that I would not say anything negetive about it to him.
I believe Matt was sent to Raleigh to go through withdrawals while being carefully watched and given medicines to make it a little easier. When he returned to Manteo I am sure he was still feeling terrible, worse than we can imagine. He was feeling very low and did not have the tools to deal with his situation. Matt was smart and I feel like he figured out a way to take his life. I don't think he realized he would be worse off after the suicide. Biblically one is sent straight to the Father after take the life of a human being. It is considered murder.
I have been asking God to have mercy on Matt and to please forgive him. Matt was my friend and I did all I could to coach him into living correctly and I tried to educate him as to how to remedy his marriage. He was just beginning to realize what I was telling him was the truth. I will miss Matt and I pray that his wife will be able to deal with his death without and guilt on her part.
--Charlie Korbach, 6/29/2012, Friday
Wow, very sad story, but TMI. Hope you spoke with his wife before posting this...
Observer

Clayton, NC

#3 Oct 7, 2012
I hope she sues korbach for anything he has. Probably not much there, but she can make life hard for the pompas basturd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manteo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
too many tourists Sat Sand Trap 2
ABC Towing Sat Sand Trap 2
barefeet /foot fetish (Jul '10) Sat Darnell Maurice S... 180
adult fun (Mar '14) Sat Darnell Maurice S... 12
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) Aug 17 qwerty 45
rip off con artist "outer banks vent & cleaning" Aug 15 Martha Caton 3
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III (Jan '17) Aug 12 Mock Majet 28

Manteo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance