Panel should investigate Tillett's fe...

Panel should investigate Tillett's feud with KDH

There are 36 comments on the The Daily Advance story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Panel should investigate Tillett's feud with KDH. In it, The Daily Advance reports that:

Because judges are granted a great deal of power in North Carolina, the rules governing their behavior are fairly strict.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Advance.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dare-ing

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Mar 2, 2012
wow i guess all the details are coming out
Amazed

Manteo, NC

#2 Mar 2, 2012
Yeah it's interesting how all the skeptics that beat up the Chief are now quiet since the facts are coming out. Continues to look like the Outer Banks Voice is on a witch hunt trying to save their friends.
obvious

King George, VA

#3 Mar 2, 2012
Maybe a panel should investigate why ed anderson and britt are posting on topix during work hours. Great teamwork guys.
Amazed

Manteo, NC

#4 Mar 2, 2012
@ Obvious, you can't really be that dumb
Ohyeah

Garner, NC

#5 Mar 2, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Yeah it's interesting how all the skeptics that beat up the Chief are now quiet since the facts are coming out. Continues to look like the Outer Banks Voice is on a witch hunt trying to save their friends.
and

"wow i guess all the details are coming out"

The article referenced in the OP is an OPINION piece that may or may NOT contain FACTS.
Just because someone writes, and someone else publishes, an OPINION piece does NOT mean that it contains any truth... ergo it is called OPINION not FACT. Of course in the age of "The Tea Party" opinion is taken as fact and fact is taken as opinion. George Orwell would be so proud of the doublespeak.
Amazed

Manteo, NC

#6 Mar 2, 2012
There are several articles not just this "opinion piece" that spell out the facts. So maybe George would not care so much.
John Doe

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#7 Mar 2, 2012
Including the new on on the OB Voice where Britt used a deputies address to get his kids into Dare County schools when he lives in Currituck. The same deputy who is rumored to have received special treatment from Britt. It sure is an interesting case.
Whoa now

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#8 Mar 2, 2012
John Doe wrote:
Including the new on on the OB Voice where Britt used a deputies address to get his kids into Dare County schools when he lives in Currituck. The same deputy who is rumored to have received special treatment from Britt. It sure is an interesting case.
Not a Deputy's address. His friend's address; works for KDHPD.
John Doe

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#9 Mar 2, 2012
Yep, I'm not really one to make the distincition between Dare Co and KDH as I don't really deal with either of them that often.

A subordinate then.
Amazed

Manteo, NC

#10 Mar 2, 2012
Did any of you pay attention to the Voice keep refering to the Chief's child. Did any of you wonder about his wife and where she lives. Wonder if the Voice jumped the gun and didn't have all the facts they needed before they ran the story.
John Doe

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#11 Mar 2, 2012
Amazed - you can do a look up on the Currituck County website for his property and there is a female listed. They could be separated, but they own a home together.

It's public record.
Amazed

Manteo, NC

#12 Mar 2, 2012
@ John Doe.... You may be on to something. Could be the answer to the issue that was alleged. Hope the Voice did their homework.
obvious

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Mar 2, 2012
Of coarse they did their homework. Not that it takes a whole lot to go to the school and check britts child registration address, I would imagine there's a student directory. Either him or his wife used andersons address. One of them had to because a childs parent or guardian has to register them. Whoever registered the kid should be charged. I believe its fraud, but what do I know.
dollaraday

Angier, NC

#14 Mar 2, 2012
as the local goverment infrestructure fails eventually all of dare county will be run by raleigh. corruption has its limits.
tucker

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#15 Mar 2, 2012
Britt is registered to vote in Currituck County.
curious

United States

#16 Mar 2, 2012
@ amazed.....Britt registered his child with a false address belonging to his sergeant. Are you suggesting that britt's wife is living with anderson to make the residency thing legal?
Bufford Pusser

Manteo, NC

#17 Mar 2, 2012
And so it goes on and on....and cycles right back in the same direction. There is a problem in the Town of Kill Devil Hills and nobody has the backbone to do anything about it. The song remains the same. At the very least someone was acting in a deceptive manner. If that someone were a law enforcement officer it will further the suspicions that in KDH the law enforcers believe they are above the law. This is a situation that is a flashing blue light and no one is being pulled over.
Really

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#18 Mar 3, 2012
What reason would the Sentinel have for deleting comments after they were approved and posted on their website??? Sandy is trying to take the heat off her buddies Mayor Davies and Chief Britt. This is another reason why you don't see any opposing opinions on the Sentinel. Its all pro Britt and pro KDH propaganda. Sandy and the Sentinel,If your the high caliber company and paper you claim to be then don't be afraid to allow the nay sayers to post on your website. Show a little intestinal fortitude.
I enjoy reading both the Voice and Sentinel but I don't like spin!!!
Ricky Martin

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#19 Mar 3, 2012
The Sentinel is a rag publication and the editor thinks its her mission in life to expose wrong-doing even if she has to dream it up. And yeah she's got the women empowerment thing mixed in too, men are bad becasue they're men. So since her publication has to manufacture "news" since what it prints is not "new" she builds in an ugly slant. Womack is not a creditible company or it would have shed itself of her long ago. It cannot compete for advertising, and I know quite a few people who boycott local businesses who do advertise in that rag. We get no real journalism in this market. Personal agendas a plenty, journalism, none. The situation in KDH is quite sad, and it doesn't appear that it will get better any time soon. One thing is for sure, you will not get the full story from that source, the National Star has more truth about Miley Cirus then the Sentinel has ever published.
more honest abe

Manteo, NC

#20 Mar 3, 2012
Hey Really, didn't know the Sentinel did take any comments off their website. I try to read the postings and didn't notice any were missing. Now I know the Voice just did that on their last article about the Police Chief. Please fill me in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manteo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Moron is back Tue Enjoyed the break 1
pirates Sep 23 Dont know 1
WHOLE KDH Fire Dept on VA DARE Trail Sep 20 djp60 1
James Burroughs, Manteo Police (Nov '09) Sep 18 Allright already 58
Anyone have any scoop on Ray Jedele? (Apr '09) Sep 9 Suzie 187
News North-Carolina 4 mins ago 12:47 p.m.Two men arr... Sep 8 Steve 2
Election Who do you support for State Senate in North Ca... (Oct '10) Sep 3 Wicked 26

Manteo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manteo Mortgages