what a mess

Smithfield, NC

#1 Sep 10, 2010
why is Manteo waterfront area always so dirty? Sidewalks, parking, and streets are always a mess. NO EXCUSE!
town

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#2 Sep 11, 2010
Im sorry for your experience. I live in Manteo and the water front is generally beautiful. I think you may have visited right after Hurricane Earl. We have had a lot of debris down and are awaiting clean up from the storm.

Thankfully the whole town had power restored shortly. The bike path and public areas are going to talke some time to clean up.
what a mess

Smithfield, NC

#3 Sep 11, 2010
go to the public parking lot under the Waterfront condos. Hasn't been cleaned in months! There must be things growing in there. Landscape timbers broken or out of place along sidewalk for weeks. Truely, does anyone ever clean down there.
Tourist and business owners alike have made comment about the lack of cleaning. This is one of Roanoke Islands biggest attractions. It deserves better!
Live in Manteo too

Manteo, NC

#4 Sep 11, 2010
Waterfront condos is not owned by Manteo. Heard the owner is in deep money woes and the homeowner's assoc. has no money. Owner is not making repairs or taking care of the place. Someone that lives there is having a hard time getting her decking repaired.
Live in Manteo too

Manteo, NC

#5 Sep 11, 2010
If I remember correctly, the waterfront owner is responsible for keeping parking decks on both sides cleaned. The landscape timbers definitely belong to the owner too.
what a mess

Smithfield, NC

#6 Sep 21, 2010
so you defend the mess in downtown Manteo? Fine with me. I don't live there. Just thought you deserved better. By the way...everything I decribed as bad is the towns responsibility. You didn't even address the parking lot issue which is public and not part of the condo association. Go ask the town what it is they are responsible for and maybe it will give them a wakeup call. IT'S YOUR TOWN AFTERALL.
what a mess

Smithfield, NC

#7 Sep 21, 2010
to clearify...the parking area on the northside under the condos is public and maintained by the town. The southside belongs to the condo association and is gated for private use.
Some1 who truly knows

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#8 Oct 8, 2010
what a mess wrote:
so you defend the mess in downtown Manteo? Fine with me. I don't live there. Just thought you deserved better. By the way...everything I decribed as bad is the towns responsibility. You didn't even address the parking lot issue which is public and not part of the condo association. Go ask the town what it is they are responsible for and maybe it will give them a wakeup call. IT'S YOUR TOWN AFTERALL.
I actually think they do a very good job of keeping it clean...we have a sailboat mooored out there & I have never expierenced what you have described & I spend right much time down there. Now right after our storms, I have seen fallen or blown debris, but as soon as the Town could get to it, it was cleaned & back to it's pristine state. But everyone has the right to their own opinion, I just don't agree with yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manteo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) 18 hr iamali 46
Faking a service animal (Nov '16) Mon Yankee 16
Joseph Pledger (Dec '16) Mon Shooby 8
too many tourists Sep 6 Dicky 3
adult fun (Mar '14) Sep 5 Parent 13
fwb sex Sep 5 MzThickness 3
Drug dealers in Nags Head (Mar '12) Aug 31 Bass Knight 22

Manteo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance