Car Stolen!!!!!
Tonia Gibson

Beecher, IL

#1 Jul 23, 2010
July 14, 2010, a Kankakee State's attorney recieved information that my vehicle had a lien on it and was to be repossessed under the assumptation that a bank was taking control of the vehicle. In truth the individual that took my vehicle had no legal claim, no turn-over order of such. July 16, 2010, Kankakee Sheriff's Department was present during this so-called repossession along with the attorney and his client that laid claim to my vehicle, which is a 2006 Buick lacrosse. When questioned this Kankakee State's attorney claimed a bank had possession of the my vehicle. When in truth the bank denys any repossession order being given, due to my loan being current. I was given no paperwork whatsoever, besides bank information and a Sheriff bond from the a Kankakee State's attorney. Western Surety company gave this individual a Sheriff bond with the understanding that the bank had a lien on the vehicle is what I am being told. Western Surety Company faxed me a court order that stated nothing containing information about the bank or a turn-over of my 2006 Buick Lacrosse. The individual who stole my car has no affiliation with the bank or First holder lien on my car. I can recieve no help what-so-ever from Kankakee County!!! Looking for help!!!!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 23, 2010
Man, you need to get a lawyer period. It sound like a complicated paper trail. first go to your bank with whom you have the car loan and get documentation showing you are up to date. Also be prepared to keep making the payments. I wouldn't make the payments but would just set the money aside.
But get a lawyer you need one. And once you find out who is at fault you can actually sue them for recovery of legal fees.
Get a lawyer or your going to get screwed..I'm telling you.
Tonia Gibson

Beecher, IL

#3 Jul 24, 2010
Thank you, for your advice. I have contacted a few different lawyers and made some appointments. I actually know who took my car and exactly where it is. The bank has been contacted and I have recieved confirmation they were not involved. The bank is definitely involved now. I really appreciate your time. Do you know any good lawyers?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 25, 2010
I really don't know any lawyers at all. But make sure you check around on the one you want to use. I hope you post what happens in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manteno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horse foreskin Aug 6 Anonymous 1
How to report Link Card Abuse (Apr '10) Aug 3 Your a joke 51
Where in Indiana is Josh House? Jul 26 Fart Sniffer 4
Drug Problem Jul 23 Lol 2
manteno police sexual assault case - gagnon & f... (Feb '14) Jul 17 Ijustsayso 22
jesus hererra illegal alien (peotone) Jul '17 Wats 2
Ugly people in Peotone Jul '17 Whichwitch 1

Manteno Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manteno Mortgages