Gas workers that moved here do not ha...

Gas workers that moved here do not half to pay Taxes for their homes. Fair?

Created by canitbee on Mar 20, 2011

41 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i rent to gasfield trash

Williamsport, PA

#21 May 23, 2012
Well, I rent to whoever pays the rent. I don't give a damn if it is a bunch of backwood poor white trash that never accomplished much with their lives to be able to buy a house or if it is some gasholes or truckers or college kids. Works for me. I live out of the area and only go back to rent to new tenants. Can't afford the rent? Not my problem. I own houses because I done plenty for myself. Now go do something for yourself...move where there is work. Get an education and succeed at doing something. Buy a house, rent it out. Buy another house, rent it out. Keep doing it until you don't have to work. Then start living a real life.
Hating Wellsboro

Wellsboro, PA

#22 May 24, 2012
Sorry to inform you that I am not uneducated nor am I a moron. Surely not jealous of drillers nor do I use drugs. I don't have any problems with the gas workers that come here. Just feel sorry for them. This town has to be one of the worst in Pennsylvania with the cronyism and snobbery. They are all greedy to the max. I know I have been told that all gas workers get a check for $2500-$3000 a month just to pay for housing so it is no wonder there is goughing going on by others who are hearing this also I am sure. Sorry you had to land in such a rotten corner of nowhere. Being born and raised here I am surely not going to brag this crappy place up. Just wait until you get a taste of the corruption at the judicial level. Hope you never have to go there. And mind you watch the lights and stay out of the local bars because the local police will be watching just to make some more money off you. Good luck and God bless. Thanks for helping our local economy.
SATAN

Waynesboro, PA

#23 May 24, 2012
You must be the exception to the area. I had to spend some of my youth in that town and it sucks. You are right the cops are crooks. Most of them at the time were on drugs and alcoholics themselves. The court system is part of the good ol boy network and corrupt as it gets. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Hating Wellsboro

Wellsboro, PA

#24 May 25, 2012
I am not blind to what goes on around me. If the state would do a REAL investigation of the judicial system in this town they would have to get a new judge, new police force and many new lawyers. The drugs coming and going should be enough to have someone start to look to the system to see where the problem starts. Some people get no time at all for drug offences while others serve years for the same crime. Just depends on if your kin/friend is the one representing or sentencing you. And NO they aren't ashamed in the least. They know they are the royalty and nobody can touch them so it just goes on and on.
SATAN

United States

#25 May 25, 2012
You summed it up pretty good. Is dalton still the local judge? He said he would sentence 1 million yrs by the time he retired. When I first heard that I thought no way then I started noticing unusually long sentences for small offenses.
Wellsboro advertises as a tourist town I think they bring people in and entrap them in some way.
" come on vacation leave on probation" should be the town slogan.
Hating Wellsboro

Wellsboro, PA

#26 May 26, 2012
Yeah HE is still the judge. I tried to vote him out but I am only one vote. I had never voted in my life until I found out you have to vote judges out so I registered and tried. Unfortunately he is still setting there.
Observational Theorist

Meshoppen, PA

#27 May 31, 2012
People who rent a home, or a piece of land upon which to park their home, pay rent and out of that rent, their landlord pays the property tax. So, yes, they do pay property tax, just indirectly. People who buy a home, regardless of what they do as an occupation, have to pay taxes directly.

You know, it sure is funny how everybody around here complains about the energy workers and how they are responsible for prices going up on everything - including rent and groceries - and how messed up things are because of them. Everyone around here sure seemed happy to get the influx of money into this depressed economy, but they didn't want the consequences of it. Really, the people responsible for the prices on rent going up are the people who were greedy and priced their properties as if they were somewhere more desirable. Those people would be your own neighbors! You don't like the gas drillers here? Well, thank your neighbors who sold them the leases. You don't like how high the rent is? Well, thank your neighbors who raised the rents and asked ridiculous prices for their homes. The drillers only paid the higher prices for rent and buying property because they had to, thanks to none other than your neighbors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pine Creek Rails To Trails - part II (Nov '07) Mar '16 Trump 2016 4
News Impact fees buy goodwill in drilling communities (Dec '15) Dec '15 another whomever 1
Election Weak police action on noise ordinance (Nov '10) Nov '15 Bob Powers 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
Wellsboro - good place to retire? (Sep '07) Jun '15 ann 19
Does anyone know..... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Red6wagon 1
News Slain school principal remembered in Towanda (Jan '13) May '15 VEG 2

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages