Gas workers that moved here do not ha...

Gas workers that moved here do not half to pay Taxes for their homes. Fair?

Created by canitbee on Mar 20, 2011

41 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Bloomsburg, PA

#1 Mar 20, 2011
I own a home in Mansfield and was talking to some of the Gas workers about Taxes. Because thier home's are RV's They can not be taxed like we are for our homes even though they can live here for years and thier Children go to our Schools.....Fair or Not?
MKM

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2011
Canitbee - The tremendous growth that has occurred in Tioga County over the past two years has been overwhelming. The increase flux of Energy Workers has put a strain on affordable housing, the school system and the overall infrastructure of the area. You are correct; there needs to be a significant and meaningful contribution from the Energy arena. Granted the argument can be made that new jobs bring in payroll money that is ultimately spent and taxed, but if that money is being siphoned out of state or country then it is not being used as was originally sold to the voters. With an upcoming election of county officials, this is something that should be discussed, loudly.
Also, didn’t you ever have to sit through Mrs. Reese’s English classes????
meetoo

Columbia Cross Roads, PA

#3 Mar 24, 2011
i think penndot needs to screen all these guys that work for the gas co's for drivers license's.
Rooster

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2012
I think we The gas workers pay our share , where ever we go prices go up on
just about every thing . After thirty years I am use to it
whomever

Northville, MI

#5 Jan 10, 2012
The gas workers will ruin the entire area for generations to come but they'll be long gone to destroy another unlucky community.
Rooster

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2012
whomever wrote:
The gas workers will ruin the entire area for generations to come but they'll be long gone to destroy another unlucky community.
That's what was said when I was in Alaska but all has been well.
Every one likes gas for there cars , heat for there homes .It has to come from some were, wish you understood. Thanks for your understanding
SATAN

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Mar 2, 2012
I know a lot of locals working for the gas companies that are from tioga county. I also know a lot of locals who have gotten sizable checks from the gas company for letting them on their land. I'm guessing the people complaining haven't benefited from them being there or they wouldn't have nothing to say.
fyi

Humble, TX

#8 Mar 12, 2012
my husband is working up there and yes he is taxed, they call it a non living resident tax, plus he has his regular tax deductions taken from his pay. Sorry if the county isn't spreading the wealth but these men are being taxed.
Hen

Williamsport, PA

#9 Mar 26, 2012
I think the gas industy has brought many jobs here whene there was almost nothing here & in many other towns. There is goods & bads, but there is many families now putting food on their table that had no jobs. I think if they are being taxed a non-living resident tax that is fair enough.
sweet!

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2012
My husband and I pay taxes here and taxes at home. The people bitching seem like the kind of people that just like to bitch and I bet at least a couple don't even have a job. My husband will do what ever it takes to support our children.
cap it

Humble, TX

#11 Apr 4, 2012
the government needs to step in and put a cap on rental property and such bc they are robbing everyone. My family wants to go stay a few weeks this summer while my husband is up there working and omg the rental property and hotel prices are crazy. The company doesn't pay for the family to go up there, so yes we also get hit with these high prices and bc of this we probably won't even get to go spend time with him or if we do we won't have any extra money to go see anything cause it will be all spent on lodging, this is not fair to anyone it's only greed and to those that are charging these outragous prices you should be ashamed, not all oil field workers is raking in the money, my husbands check is 3000 a month and you want to charge 800 plus electric for a month, have a heart and charge reasonable prices and stop price gouging
sweet!

United States

#12 Apr 5, 2012
cap it wrote:
the government needs to step in and put a cap on rental property and such bc they are robbing everyone. My family wants to go stay a few weeks this summer while my husband is up there working and omg the rental property and hotel prices are crazy. The company doesn't pay for the family to go up there, so yes we also get hit with these high prices and bc of this we probably won't even get to go spend time with him or if we do we won't have any extra money to go see anything cause it will be all spent on lodging, this is not fair to anyone it's only greed and to those that are charging these outragous prices you should be ashamed, not all oil field workers is raking in the money, my husbands check is 3000 a month and you want to charge 800 plus electric for a month, have a heart and charge reasonable prices and stop price gouging
very well said! They need to stop being so greedy
Ragincajun

Gillett, PA

#13 Apr 25, 2012
First of all I would like to point out that all of the people that think that there is really any negativity about the gas companies being here need a serious reality check. You obviously have no idea how much OUR money is generating into YOUR communities. We have been places where small communities thank us because we "saved" their town. Go into your local bars, gas stations, and grocery stores and ask how much their sales have increased since the gas companies have been here. Secondly, I would like to state that the prices of rental properties are RIDICULOUS. People don't understand that not all of us make that much money (as previously stated, I'm just emphasizing the fact). Third of all, I would like to kindly ask everyone to STOP calling us "GASHOLES" we are saving your little towns and keeping your houses warm. We are just doing OUR jobs. Fourthly, if a worker of the gas company calls you ma'am or sir do not take offense to that. In the south, that is a sign of respect. If you would have been hit in the head with a wooden spoon as a kid when you didn't use those words you would say them also. Just sayin' please be nice to the workers.
wattie

Emmaus, PA

#14 May 8, 2012
thats what I call a real man.he will work and do anything to take care of his family.we need more like you. god bless....[QUOTE who="sweet!"]My husband and I pay taxes here and taxes at home. The people bitching seem like the kind of people that just like to bitch and I bet at least a couple don't even have a job. My husband will do what ever it takes to support our children.[/QUOTE]
WOW

Gillett, PA

#15 May 10, 2012
We pay taxes in our home state as well as taxes in your state out of our paychecks. We get a double whammy so this post is totally irrelevant to gas workers. Btw, this post title is "Gas workers to do not HALF to pay taxes for their homes". lol HAVE. WOW. People are totally uninformed. Before you make a post, educate yourself because this just makes you look like a moron.
WOW

Gillett, PA

#16 May 10, 2012
Correction: Gas workers that moved here do not half to pay Taxes for their homes. Either way. You get the point.
sad

Punxsutawney, PA

#17 May 10, 2012
WOW wrote:
Correction: Gas workers that moved here do not half to pay Taxes for their homes. Either way. You get the point.
do you work for the gas company?????
Duke H

Tallahassee, FL

#18 May 15, 2012
My God, "half to pay taxes" only half?...HAVE TO PAY TAXES.
SATAN

Waynesboro, PA

#19 May 17, 2012
Tioga county residents are uneducated morons! It shows in the posts. Most of them are jealouse of the drillers because they can't stay off drugs long enough to get a job.
Dope smoking pill heads who are only worried about their next high.
WOW

Gillett, PA

#20 May 19, 2012
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
do you work for the gas company?????
Is that relevant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pine Creek Rails To Trails - part II (Nov '07) Mar '16 Trump 2016 4
News Impact fees buy goodwill in drilling communities (Dec '15) Dec '15 another whomever 1
Election Weak police action on noise ordinance (Nov '10) Nov '15 Bob Powers 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
Wellsboro - good place to retire? (Sep '07) Jun '15 ann 19
Does anyone know..... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Red6wagon 1
News Slain school principal remembered in Towanda (Jan '13) May '15 VEG 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages