Lowe's Hold Up is a Let Down
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Interestedparty

Bloomsburg, PA

#81 Mar 15, 2010
Yay!!! Finally a Lowe's!! There will be a ground breaking in May. So sorry Mr. Butters!!! All your stalling tactics didn't work. Now you will have some real competition.
Veronica

Melbourne, FL

#82 Apr 8, 2010
What a shame, this entire exchange!
If you believe a Lowes coming in is any relevant issue besides a sign of growth as all USA small towns have seen come along to grow their company's income, you are blindsided. Arnot Bldg. has never been A-ok to me, and was always excellent and helpful. Lowes is like Walmart, seen one, seen'em all, and the workers are bottom feeders in quality and expertise and customer service. The people at Arnot bldg. are excellent. Greed is everywhere in the county, not limited to a couple business owners. Look at the high rents for the gas/windmill workers even by mom and pops places. Everyone looking to cash in and aren't ethical or fair will be dealt with at the pearly gates. Otherwise, keep your yaps shut and tend to your own knittin'!!!!! Best to use your verve to protest higher taxes instead!!!!!
Veronica

Melbourne, FL

#83 Apr 8, 2010
sorry-edit, "never been ANYTHING BUT A-OK"
Mary Ann

Jamaica, NY

#84 Apr 8, 2010
Nothing wrong with Lowe's comming, but some speak as if Arnot was a curse to Mansfield. As always the people who work at Arnot's are helpful and knowledgeable. I guess the jobs provided by Mr. Butters was just a waste of time for the people he employed, most of whom are our neighbors.
sinbad

Millerton, PA

#85 Apr 11, 2010
well we will at least have personal service and credit if need, with out a credit card. good old hometown freindlyness, unlike wally world.
Veronica

Melbourne, FL

#86 Apr 11, 2010
Mary Ann wrote:
Nothing wrong with Lowe's comming, but some speak as if Arnot was a curse to Mansfield. As always the people who work at Arnot's are helpful and knowledgeable. I guess the jobs provided by Mr. Butters was just a waste of time for the people he employed, most of whom are our neighbors.
Will it change your feelings any if the employes at arnot decide they would like to instead work at lowes and if we see that occur, why feel working anywhere or hiring them was a waste of time, only the boss and employes can decide if it was or not. Think positive, there's room for everyone.
who is it you are really feeling sorry for, who really loses? No one, because winners keep on being winners and I don't see any reason for anyone to lose in this scenario. It's what we all make it.
Mary Ann

Jamaica, NY

#87 Apr 12, 2010
Change my feelings about what? My feelings are, if people choose to change jobs what bearing has that to do with anything I have posted? The waste statement has nothing to do those who shop or work at Arnot, it has to do with such negative posting about a local business that provides jobs in our community. As far as feeling sorry, whom should I feel sorry for, the people who are employed at Arnot? Certainly you can't mean Mr. Butters, he I'm sure needs no sympathy from me or anyone else.
Veronica

Melbourne, FL

#88 Apr 16, 2010
All I want to say is I hope Lowes coming IS a blessing and not a curse and I wish only the very best for all Arnot Bldg employes. Good luck to everyone in the county, I pray for jobs for everyone able and wanting employment. Something good I pray from all this sudden influx and boon in drilling, pray our environment stays healthy and that our schools wake up and teach "go green" technologies and systems for our children to be prepared for job competition, and that our beautiful state lands and waters are not wrecked and we aren't all taxed out of our homes there in the meantime. Until the benefits of the drillers being there is shared among the many via jobs for including majority of unemployed native residents, these massive companies should carry the burden of taxes for county and local and schools and stop raising real estate taxes on the original residents. Stop giving tax breaks to those business coming that can afford to support the tax base. So many issues, so little time. Spread the benefits of this boon and not only for greedy landowners and fly by night landlords cashing in.
just saying. until market values of homes bounce back, someone needs to stop tax increases/millages, charge the folks who have descended here with jobs in hand. local income and sales tax raising would be more fair as we have so many more consumers with population increases, and more children coming for schooling.
Mrs H

Elkland, PA

#89 Apr 23, 2010
anon wrote:
Lowe's has already said they are not building a store in Mansfield, traffic light or not.
Last thing I saw in the Williamsport paper is everything is resolved and construction is to start in May. This article was in the paper about a month ago.
nanajade87

Duryea, PA

#90 Apr 27, 2010
scooter wrote:
yeah u moght be right, but they do have a better selection on products.guess we'll wait an see .
Love you Daddy!
Resident

Wellsboro, PA

#91 Nov 16, 2010
Who wouldn't protect their own business. Some people have no idea what the Butters have given back to the community. Didn't know them from Adam, but I have heard of the things they've done for people in this area. I bought a house from them years ago and they did more then all right by me. Seems to me that they work hard for what they have without steeling from the tax payers. It's good to see someone get ahead in life when they earn it.
uninterested party

Wellsboro, PA

#92 Nov 16, 2010
The manager of Lowes has already made the comment that his goal is to put Arnot building Supply out of business. Then watch the prices go up. We've seen it with Wal-Mart. How much will Lowes put back into the community? Why have employee's already walked out on Lowes? I'll continue doing my business with Arnot building supply.

I think Mr. Butters has worked hard for everything he has. I'm sure that will always bother the one's that haven't had everything given to them. Guess they could always play the lotto, if they can't work hard for it.
Mary Ann

Woodside, NY

#93 Nov 17, 2010
To Resident and Uninterested Party, glad to see people with common sense post here. It seems if you work hard and make a success of yourself some people will begrudge you for it. I would think that some of the people would be thankful of the employment his enterprizers have brought to Mansfield and Area, but no some people are just jealous of other peoples successes and find it easier to put people down for their successes rather than praise. GO FIGURE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
test Feb '17 username 2
News Barletta sees good things for district with Tru... (Nov '16) Nov '16 factoid 1
News Pine Creek Rails To Trails - part II (Nov '07) Mar '16 Trump 2016 4
News Impact fees buy goodwill in drilling communities (Dec '15) Dec '15 another whomever 1
Election Weak police action on noise ordinance (Nov '10) Nov '15 Bob Powers 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
Wellsboro - good place to retire? (Sep '07) Jun '15 ann 19

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages