3 Get Maximum Sentences For Galion Br...

3 Get Maximum Sentences For Galion Break-In, Beating | WBNS-10T...

There are 18 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 6, 2010, titled 3 Get Maximum Sentences For Galion Break-In, Beating | WBNS-10T.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A judge on Tuesday handed down the maximum sentence to three men who broke into a home and attacked an 84-year-old woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Tyree

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2010
while i agree with the punishment, i however dont understand how u can get less time than this if u actually kill someone and commit murder. it's mind boggling to me to see people who actually go all the way witht the murder and get 15 yrs! y is that?

Since: Jan 10

Northborough, MA

#2 Apr 6, 2010
Hooray-justice was served. I am glad Kathleen was not seriously injured and that they did not bother her husband. She went through a scary experience. I have a question though-why did they check her freezer for money. Someone knows something and is not telling.
mrscarey

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Tyree wrote:
while i agree with the punishment, i however dont understand how u can get less time than this if u actually kill someone and commit murder. it's mind boggling to me to see people who actually go all the way witht the murder and get 15 yrs! y is that?
they deserve to be locked up, how can you beat a old lady thay will get theres in jail i bet ya.
Jack Flannigan

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 7, 2010
fracesmary - My wife's family lives in Galion and knows this family. It was an "inside" job. The perps were former employees of the gentleman, the robbers went as far as to befriend the victims before they pulled the robbery.
love

United States

#5 Apr 7, 2010
they are the devil how can u beat a old lady whats wrong with them dogs when i saw her poor facs i statred crying who can do such things,glad to see shes ok.

Grove City

#6 Apr 7, 2010
Tyree wrote:
Easy answer. The fine folks of Galion do not elect bleeding heart judges, they elect jusdges that attempt to deter crime.
G-man

Stoneham, MA

#7 Apr 7, 2010
Hallelujah, a judge that has a pair. Wish he could relocate to Columbus.

Northborough, MA

#8 Apr 7, 2010
Jack Flannigan wrote:
fracesmary - My wife's family lives in Galion and knows this family. It was an "inside" job. The perps were former employees of the gentleman, the robbers went as far as to befriend the victims before they pulled the robbery.
Thanks for the info, Jack.
columbus westside

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Apr 7, 2010
Punishment that fits the crime.
love

United States

#10 Apr 7, 2010
columbus westside wrote:
Punishment that fits the crime.
amem
Rachel

United States

#11 Apr 7, 2010
I have lived in Galion for most of my life and Im glad to see these men got what they deserve.
Becki

Athens, GA

#12 Apr 8, 2010
Malcom Stall was my ex-boyfriend when he lived in my area last year, a move he said he did in an effort to clean up his life. Clearly, it didn't work. He wasn't a great boyfriend either but I agree with the poster that questioned the 39 years. People who kill get less. From what his aunt (who lives up the street from me and is a good friend of our family) said, the whole town of Galion knew of his past and prior convictions (drugs mostly), knew him as the bad seed, and wanted him put away. She said they basically rallied around the courthouse and made an effort to get him to pay for this and his other crimes and misdemeanors.
No, this wasn't right and yes he should pay. His anger is volatile. I felt it too. I certainly don't want him back and don't plan on visiting him but, really, what kind of life is he going to have when he's released? He has no skills, no college, no training in anything. A majority of his family - the ones that are within the Ohio area - are drinkers, smokers, addicts, and abusive in some ways. They gave up on him (and his brother who is also in jail right now) and this is the path he chose to combat that need for attention and affiliation. I truly believe that if he had been taken in by the aunt - who offered but was turned down - when he was a teenager, he would be a good citizen. He never really had a chance at a decent life and now he definitely won't. And neither will the other guys. Criminals or not, they are still human.
love

United States

#13 Apr 8, 2010
Becki wrote:
Malcom Stall was my ex-boyfriend when he lived in my area last year, a move he said he did in an effort to clean up his life. Clearly, it didn't work. He wasn't a great boyfriend either but I agree with the poster that questioned the 39 years. People who kill get less. From what his aunt (who lives up the street from me and is a good friend of our family) said, the whole town of Galion knew of his past and prior convictions (drugs mostly), knew him as the bad seed, and wanted him put away. She said they basically rallied around the courthouse and made an effort to get him to pay for this and his other crimes and misdemeanors.
No, this wasn't right and yes he should pay. His anger is volatile. I felt it too. I certainly don't want him back and don't plan on visiting him but, really, what kind of life is he going to have when he's released? He has no skills, no college, no training in anything. A majority of his family - the ones that are within the Ohio area - are drinkers, smokers, addicts, and abusive in some ways. They gave up on him (and his brother who is also in jail right now) and this is the path he chose to combat that need for attention and affiliation. I truly believe that if he had been taken in by the aunt - who offered but was turned down - when he was a teenager, he would be a good citizen. He never really had a chance at a decent life and now he definitely won't. And neither will the other guys. Criminals or not, they are still human.
they have classes he can take in prison,or he can commit another crime in prison to add to his time he has a while to decide.
common sense

Lewis Center, OH

#14 Apr 8, 2010
I lived many years in Galion too. Although Becki's post was dramatic, not altogether true. She is in Georgia, there was no rally round the courthouse. Just a town that elects judges who are tough on crime. Lots of people grow up with crappy lives and turn out to be good people. He ultimately chose violance to another and now he is reaping what he sowed. I am not buying the poor me excuse, if someone choses to hurt someone else they deserve to be punished harshly. What about the victim? Too bad the rest of the country wasnt tougher on crime too. I don't think murders should get 15 years either, I think we should follow the lead set by Texas on that one.
Becki

Social Circle, GA

#15 Apr 9, 2010
Oh goodness, I didn't mean a literal rally around the courthouse as in people standing outside and picketing and demanding Malcom (or the others) be given life sentences. I don't think that's what his aunt meant either. Just a figure of speech. I apologize if it came across that way.

I agree that he chose violence over anything else. There are lots of people who grow up even more abused and neglected than he did and turn out to be wonderful people. I was just giving a different perspective on the subject since it seemed a lot of people on here and on other article comment pages (which I can't comment on without being a member) weren't willing to see anything but the 'monster' he became during the crime.

I feel for the victim and understand her pain. I ws a victim of Malcom's anger as well. I sought therapy and went back to a faith I had walked away from years ago and no longer consider myself a victim. Hopefully, she will do whatever she needs to heal. It is a hard thing to get through.
love

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2010
these white kids are really disturb. who the hell beats a 84 old lady?damn meth and crack heads.i pray they get their asses kicked and pumped in jail.fuckinlosers....
Blah

Lakewood, OH

#17 Jul 16, 2013
Malcom is a waste of skin and air. Plenty of people have it hard growing up, there is no excuse. Him and his whole immediate family are all peices of sh*t. Malcoms sentenced was reduced to just 5 years, so he will be out very soon. I know there are some angry people out there and he is probably going to get the beating of a lifetime soon after getting out.

Also him and his brother are both pussys.... Thry couldn't even make that old woman talk. The lady kept telling them to fuck off after every beating and told them they were going to have to kill her. That old lady was a beast, them not so much....
curious

United States

#18 Aug 16, 2013
love wrote:
these white kids are really disturb. who the hell beats a 84 old lady?damn meth and crack heads.i pray they get their asses kicked and pumped in jail.fuckinlosers....
You pray they get their asses kicked? I bet your sky friend is proud of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need to find woman who wants her toes sucked (Oct '12) Sep 17 Ugh 5
News Ohio school district must allow transgender stu... (Sep '16) Sep 16 TransInMansfield 3
my gilfriend (Nov '15) Sep 16 helpme 7
Mansfield Ohio Cold Case (Mar '14) Aug 30 gypsywoman601 21
Bryon Eugene Kilgore Aug 25 Donnie 1
News Sylvester Stallone film seeking extras in Ohio Aug 24 Dave 3
Galion Electric rates (Nov '16) Aug '17 Pricey 5

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages