xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15125 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether that was a loss of clout or not remains to be seen. They chose to not to be management's bitch. There comes a point when getting a new job is better than staying at the lousy job you have.
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15126 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15127 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15128 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.

Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15129 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.
Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
We're not talking about who was right and who was wrong, we were talking about who actually closed Hostess, and it was the unions. If Hostess was a non-union operation, they would be open today in spite of what their CEO's made. Workers would have walked off the job, and Hostess would just hire other people to do the work.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15130 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about who was right and who was wrong, we were talking about who actually closed Hostess, and it was the unions. If Hostess was a non-union operation, they would be open today in spite of what their CEO's made. Workers would have walked off the job, and Hostess would just hire other people to do the work.
That is your assumption. You assume Hostess would have found people like you who would work for them for any pay and under any conditions. You assume that Hostess wanted to stay open. Hostess was being operated by vulture capitalist firms, you know like Bain, whose only goal is to suck as much money out of a company as they can.

Since: Aug 12

Downers Grove, IL

#15131 Dec 9, 2012
Why didn't the workers buy hostess and quadruple everyone's pay?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15132 Dec 9, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Why didn't the workers buy hostess and quadruple everyone's pay?
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
Undercover Brother

Los Angeles, CA

#15133 Dec 9, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>government sector jobs are considered Public service jobs that provide service to the public and cost the public, and dont produce items that have use & monetary value like a vehicle which has both and this is where the government makes their money to pay for those government public service jobs through taxes.
What is a public service job?
Best Answer
Any job which supplies a 'service' to the general public. Example: Police - firefighter - sanitation worker - etc - etc.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_public_se...
Ever been in a Veteran's Affairs Hospital? Uncommon devotiation from "G.S." employees!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#15136 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
why?

robots can do it.

all of it.

robots will be the future for what was union assembly jobs.

scanners will replace all cashiers.

see gas stations as model for fact check

remember the employee that checked your oil while they filled up the car; and washed the windows.

scanners replaced them.

the USA is not the only market to sell something; and if Americans boycott something, there is plenty of fish to sell to out of America.

you along with many require a dose of reality.

As America fumbles, the opportunity out of America escalates for the ambitious.

There is a vote next week to have Michigan become a right to work state. It can't be stopped by elected state management because they all want Michigan to be a right to work state.

Michigan becoming a right to work state cripples all unions across this country.

of course the teachers union is protected; and is only group spending money to complain about the upcoming vote.

you want to see income really get separated into have and have nots, then watch close.

ambitious folk will eliminate 50% of current jobs; and replace them with a scanner of some type.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15137 Dec 9, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
why?
robots can do it.
all of it.
robots will be the future for what was union assembly jobs.
scanners will replace all cashiers.
see gas stations as model for fact check
remember the employee that checked your oil while they filled up the car; and washed the windows.
scanners replaced them.
the USA is not the only market to sell something; and if Americans boycott something, there is plenty of fish to sell to out of America.
you along with many require a dose of reality.
As America fumbles, the opportunity out of America escalates for the ambitious.
There is a vote next week to have Michigan become a right to work state. It can't be stopped by elected state management because they all want Michigan to be a right to work state.
Michigan becoming a right to work state cripples all unions across this country.
of course the teachers union is protected; and is only group spending money to complain about the upcoming vote.
you want to see income really get separated into have and have nots, then watch close.
ambitious folk will eliminate 50% of current jobs; and replace them with a scanner of some type.
ROBOTS!
ROBOTS!
ROBOTS!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15138 Dec 9, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you along with many require a dose of reality.
Yeah, reality. Like a Romney landlside, a stock market crash on November 7, violent revolution, impeachment trials, and Texas dividing into 5 smaller states? You mean that reality? Oh my.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#15139 Dec 9, 2012
Wow, I must check the moon.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#15140 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't the CEO make the damn twinkies himself?
Very much too busy prepping the parachutes and researching beach homes and tax shelters.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15141 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
Sry Chee, have to disagree on this one. The company seems to have closed primarily because of the trucker union contract. That contract created a inefficient duplication of employment that created an excessive expense that cost the bakers union workers their jobs. To a point, I fault the ownership that signed the truckers union contract. The company had 2 choices at that time, agree or disagree. They agreed. BUT the other choice was to shut down then. Instead Hostess shut down now, timing is the only difference. But the union pushed that. I guess that owners accepted the trucker contract with the expectation of continuing business, NOT closing business.
This is a classic example of a struggling company getting involved with a capital finance group...Borderline Solvency, regular banks won't take the risks under certain circumstances. They truly wanted to stay open or the money drys up. These Capital Finance companies do NOT set up to shut companies down! They stand to make more money IF the company survives in the long run or until it can be or restructured resold.
If you ask about the CEO in charge of shutting the company down being approved of $125,000 a month salary, I would like to hear the federal bankruptcy judge explain that too. But that was the courts decision, NOT Hostess, NOT the union or even the capital finance company
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15142 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
By honoring its contract. By not paying out outrageous bonuses.
Hostess was a victim of vulture capitalists, not unions. But Rush will never say that so you won't learn that.
Can't honor monetary issues without real money. Only the government can do that & does with historic frequency.
The courts approved the bonuses that I think that you are posting about. If I am wrong about that last point, just let me know.
Bankruptcies are special courts like criminal, divorce/family, traffic etc. THEY are the law. We may disagree but we have to trust them because the numerous sides are represented by their own lawyers. No real choice.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15143 Dec 9, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he win? The last I checked, all one need to win the presidency was 270 electoral votes. How many did President Obama get?
Obama got 332 E Votes. ;-)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15144 Dec 9, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?
What did they do in 04, XX? Filed Bankruptcy. Now 8 Years later, PING.
Interesting. They don't want to be held to the Contract, so they are pulling a Bain.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15145 Dec 9, 2012
These figures have been deemed a Hoax. Real number for Fox viewers is 69 IQ.A study released last week claims that Fox News viewers have an average IQ of 80 - which is 20 points lower than the national average.

The study has won national media attention via Yahoo News, where it's been Tweeted 500+ times and gained over 600 comments. It's become one of the top ten "hot" politics topics on Reddit, and it was also written up at the Daily Paul.

Unfortunately, the study looks a lot like a hoax.

The Yahoo story is based on a press release supposedly published by the "Intelligence Institute," a supposed think-tank that doesn't exist. The press release provides no links to the "Institute" or to the study the only link takes you to an unrelated study published by Fairleigh Dickinson University in May.

The study's alleged author, P. Nichols, told a remarkably unconvincing story when reached by phone. He explained to PJMedia's Charlie Martin that he couldn't release the study because of a confidentiality agreement. And he confessed to a very dubious method: he collected data by calling households in rural areas where he suspected residents would be ill-informed and uneducated. In other words, he deliberately chose study participants likely to seem "low IQ."

"Nichols" also cited a spurious-sounding motive for his study: he told PJMedia that it was commissioned by a Republican group who wanted to discredit the Tea Party (and presumably Fox-watching) sector of the GOP.

Via Yahoo News, Reddit, and PJMedia.

Read Full Story
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#15146 Dec 9, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
What did they do in 04, XX? Filed Bankruptcy. Now 8 Years later, PING.
Interesting. They don't want to be held to the Contract, so they are pulling a Bain.
See post 15141

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigrants come here to work, area residents say (Apr '06) Dec 17 Rita g 17
Review: Purr-L Harbor Cattery Dec 13 jerryjelly 1
Trying 2get in touch with Kerry Aston from Butl... Dec 9 Gibby07 1
Heroin continues to dominate METRICH region Dec 2 LG Galion 3
Looken for Kerry Aston Nov 30 Gibby07 2
hyy Nov 27 sugarbaby amy 1
Pagans/ Wiccans and Witches (Nov '10) Nov '14 PinPrick 41
Mansfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mansfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mansfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mansfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 pm PST

NBC Sports12:22PM
Ravens have their work cut out for them vs. Browns
NBC Sports 1:16 PM
Ravens beat Browns 20-10 to earn playoff berth - NBC Sports
ESPN 1:19 PM
Ravens rally past Browns, earn playoff spot
Yahoo! Sports 1:21 PM
Ravens claim AFC playoff spot with win over Browns
Bleacher Report 1:28 PM
Ravens Clinch Final AFC Playoff Spot