Teen to be tried as adult?

Teen to be tried as adult?

There are 27 comments on the Centralohio.com story from Jan 26, 2006, titled Teen to be tried as adult?. In it, Centralohio.com reports that:

Finley Eugene Foust Jr. could stand trial as an adult in the Monday night shooting death of a a 17-year-old Mount Gilead girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centralohio.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Casandra

Mansfield, OH

#1 Feb 1, 2006
this is sad that all of this has to happen and to a nice girl like lindsey...sorry finley...i wish there was more i can say but i can't...she was my girl and i can only hope that someone in heaven will treat her better and make her feel good about herself...i can only hope that this was all an accident but till then....
jean

Cardington, OH

#2 Feb 1, 2006
i feel the same way sue. i dont want to...but face it no matter how well any of us know any of them we were not in that room to see for are own eyes wut happened when the shot was fired. instincts just dont cut it when your best friend is shot and killed.
jean

Cardington, OH

#4 Feb 2, 2006
i need answers. that girl was like family to me and yes finley was my friend too. i just want to know what really happened. i'm not saying that he did it intentionally or unintentionally..i'm saying that since i wasnt ther i will have a blank that i need to fill for the rest of my life until i know facts. When you lose sumone that close to you your not interested in opinions you want hard core facts to go by.
No need to know

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Feb 2, 2006
jean wrote:
i need answers. that girl was like family to me and yes finley was my friend too. i just want to know what really happened. i'm not saying that he did it intentionally or unintentionally..i'm saying that since i wasnt ther i will have a blank that i need to fill for the rest of my life until i know facts. When you lose sumone that close to you your not interested in opinions you want hard core facts to go by.
I need some facts. Things just dont add up. I dont hate finn bc I know Lou wouldnt want me too. But it hurts to know this had to happen to ppl like this. Everyone is in my prayers and I am not making any judgement till the truth comes out!!
Close to the family

Corbin, VA

#11 Feb 26, 2006
To let everyone know finley would never of done anything like that he loved her! Finley might of done some dumb shit but he would of never meant to kill anyone especially his girlfriend i pray to god everything works out in u should too! Finley does not deserve this..how is it the vs.president shot his friend didnt get shit but Finley is setting in JD its bull shit! Luv you Fin! hope ur doin ok bub! prayers go out to his family luv u guys!
concered

AOL

#17 Apr 5, 2006
Galion Teen Bound Over To Adult Court in Shooting Death

The 16-year-old Galion youth charged with reckless homicide in the January 23rd shooting death of his girlfriend has been bound over to Crawford County Common Pleas Court to stand trial as an adult.
Upon hearing all the evidence against Finley Foust, Junior during a Monday hearing, Juvenile Court Judge Steven Eckstein ruled Foust is not amenable to further juvenile care or rehabilitation and that he be subjected to adult sanctions in the death of 17-year-old Lindsey Sligar of Mt. Gilead.

Foust is alleged to have shot Sligar once in the chest with a nine-millimeter handgun during an episode of “horseplay” in his home.

The third-degree felony charge will be presented to the Crawford County Grand Jury April Tenth.

If convicted as charged, Foust faces one-to-five years in prison.

Hmm

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 Jan 2, 2007
I love you Fin! i hope everything for you works out ..Im here for you and you know that i am i loveeee you so much :]
EL PASO

El Paso, TX

#20 Jan 2, 2007
HOW YOU CAN LOVE SOMEBODY LIKE HIM YOU DUMMIE
EL PASO

El Paso, TX

#22 Jan 29, 2007
shut the f..up you dummie
hitman

Hephzibah, GA

#24 Jan 29, 2007
Hmm wrote:
I love you Fin! i hope everything for you works out ..Im here for you and you know that i am i loveeee you so much :]
the keyword here is fools........

Why do fools fall in love?

Why do birds sing so gay
And lovers await the break of day
Why do they fall in love

Why does the rain fall from up above
Why do fools fall in love
Why do they fall in love

Love is a losing game
Love can be a shame
I know of a fool yes I do
That fool is you

Why do fools fall in love?

Why do birds sing so gay
And lovers await the break of day
Why do they fall in love

Why does the rain fall from up above
Why do fools fall in love
Why do they fall in love
STILL JUST WONDERING

Athens, OH

#25 Feb 4, 2007
EL PASO wrote:
shut the f..up you dummie
After so many months gone by, it still doesn't seem like any of you children have grown up and learned anything...calling each other names. The least you can do if you're going to call each other names is to invest in a dictionary or go to www.dictionary.com , but then again you are from El Paso, so I shouldn't expect you to know alot of the English language....you are probably here illegally anyways. So you shut your wet back up! Mother F@#$er!!...You probably dont even know who the hell your talking about...Do you "DUMMY"? And that is spelled with a "Y" not an IE. Get a dictonary.
Dont Worry bout who i am

Loveland, OH

#35 Apr 28, 2007
Yea i dont care what anybody says but i love finley he was muh best friend muh world and i kno he would of done anything for Lindsey so i kno it was a accident cuz muh brother was there when it happened so anybody who thinks it was on purpose well yall need to go get ya stories straight!
lol karcey

Cambridge, OH

#36 Jun 16, 2007
your funny lil one. finely was your best friend and your world?? he wasnt. and he isnt. i hate when people try to use him for popularity its real cute but uhh dont do it with my friends
Da Boss

Marion, OH

#37 Feb 4, 2008
Shit...you dont actually kno how much me and Finley kicked it and how much we actually knew eachother do you???NO i didnt think so!!!So before you go sayin yo dumb shit like that and no i dont have to use him for popularity cuz you act like i didnt kno him wen actually i knew alot of shit so back tha fuck up and quit tryna hate on ppl damn lame ass
bob hope

Newark, NJ

#38 Feb 4, 2008
It's dam good that she's getting tried as an adult they need to do it to more of these WHITE SENSELESS act of voilence.To show these little suburb brats that they just can't just go and shoot somone because they are mad at the world or want attention from mommy and daddy.
Finleys Cuz Chels

Louisville, KY

#39 Aug 23, 2009
Ummm Finley didnt do it on purpose...He loved Lindsey and she loved him thats why they faught so hard 2 be with one another, when there families wanted them apart... I love both of them Lindsey was a good friend and Finley is my cuz any1 that new Wooby new that he would never do such a thing he wouldnt hurt ny1 and i kno that 4 a fact he loved her and yeah he shouldnt of been horesin around and should of checked the chamber if he was.... But he has 2 live with that 4 the rest of his life knowing he killed his g/f isnt that enough..He loved her... I miss u Wooby keep ur head up you know the truth and so does God "ONLY GoD CAN JUDGE U"...We love u!!! R.I.P Linsey Sligar Ur Truley missed and loved cant wait 2 see ur face again someday...

“My Two Cents”

Since: Nov 09

Waukesha, Wisconsin

#40 Nov 6, 2009
bob hope wrote:
It's dam good that she's getting tried as an adult they need to do it to more of these WHITE SENSELESS act of voilence.To show these little suburb brats that they just can't just go and shoot somone because they are mad at the world or want attention from mommy and daddy.
I don't agree with the "WHITE SENSELESS" part of your comment, since acts of violence happen with ALL races. However, I do agree with the fact that this person needs to be charged as an adult for this crime. First of all, nobody should be playing with a gun if you're not the registered owner and don't have the experience with guns. Secondly, I believe if a teenager commits an adult crime, then they need to do adult time. Don't commit an adult act if you're not ready to suffer the adult consequence. Also, for the people out there who know this person...just because you know him, doesn't make him any less guilty. The fact is, he shot a girl. He's just lucky he's not looking at a life sentence. If I were the judge, I'd lock his ass up and throw away the key.
It's unbelieveable how the teenagers nowadays think that just because they're under 18, the law won't do much to them. They need to get it through their thick skulls that the law WILL do something to them. This case with Finley is just one example.
NO MORE

Norwalk, OH

#41 Dec 16, 2009
EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP COMMENTING ON THIS POST! IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF OF HERE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION IS TAKEN AND THIS WHOLE WEBSITE IS TAKEN DOWN AND EVERYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED IS CHARGED WITH DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. NONE OF YOU BARELY EVEN KNOW LINDSEY OR FINLEY. THIS WAS FOUR YEARS AGO. LET IT REST. IT IS NOT A TOPIC TO BE DISCUSSED, IT IS PEOPLES LIVES. THANK YOU.

“My Two Cents”

Since: Nov 09

Waukesha, Wisconsin

#42 Dec 16, 2009
NO MORE wrote:
EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP COMMENTING ON THIS POST! IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF OF HERE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION IS TAKEN AND THIS WHOLE WEBSITE IS TAKEN DOWN AND EVERYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED IS CHARGED WITH DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. NONE OF YOU BARELY EVEN KNOW LINDSEY OR FINLEY. THIS WAS FOUR YEARS AGO. LET IT REST. IT IS NOT A TOPIC TO BE DISCUSSED, IT IS PEOPLES LIVES. THANK YOU.
Oh please try to have me charged. LMAO!! I'd love to see that happen. You need to slow your row and shut the f*ck up. To you, it's a personal issue. For the rest of us, it's a news story that we're commenting on. If you don't like the comments made to this thread, then don't read this thread. Period.

“Only My Opinion”

Since: Dec 09

Mt. Gilead

#43 Jan 2, 2010
that is so sad i hope he gets life in prison then he can find out wht life is really about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God and married men!!!! Sep 23 TrapMusic 4
Design Review Sep 21 Liberty 5
mansfield news journal (Aug '06) Sep 20 Mark Kearney 73
the disbennett family (Mar '13) Sep 11 WakeupPeople 4
doug koolaide mitchell (Feb '16) Sep 11 CVSEmployee 13
Jenn Campbell Sep 6 Bevguy77 3
Bill Wapner of Wapner Funeral Home Aug '16 college parent 4

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance