Mansfield Helping Japanese 'Sister' C...

Mansfield Helping Japanese 'Sister' City | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 17 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Mansfield Helping Japanese 'Sister' City | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Richland County residents are coming to the aid of Japan, days after a devastating earthquake and tsunami killed thousands of people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

name

Marysville, OH

#1 Mar 14, 2011
japan, i've heard that name before, oh yea pearl harbor.
Just Think About It

Pickerington, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2011
name wrote:
japan, i've heard that name before, oh yea pearl harbor.
Hiroshima, Nagasaki.
carl

Naperville, IL

#3 Mar 14, 2011
We are so much in debt, we cant help our own country. So lets just go help someone elce, that would not help us if we were in need. I feel realy bad for what they are going thu, but I just think we need to help ourselves before helping others. I mean look at our veterins, that are on the streets because of our wounderful retirement and health care. (its so rank we need a dubble flush)
name

Marysville, OH

#4 Mar 14, 2011
Just Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiroshima, Nagasaki.
they started it we finished it.
CKC

Westerville, OH

#5 Mar 15, 2011
"Mansfield Helping Japanese 'Sister' City"

Mansfield/Japan, Mansfield/Japan,
Mansfield/Japan.....Can someone please explain to me the resemblence? There ain't no Mansfield japanese speakers there.like 40% whites and 50% blacks and 10% others. Is their new language "Mapanese" or something. I just don't see how Japan is Mansfield's sister city, I live 25 minutes from mansfield and worked there for few years, I must have really missed something while I was up there. I agree, I do feel sorry for them, but we really need to stop giving our money away to other countries and start taking care of our own. Heck if your anxious to give money away you can send it my way, I got plenty of student loans to pay off and my bank account is wiped out weekly by bankquakes and debtnamies! Where is my help?. lol It's not like Japan is broke or something, their government can bail it's own out and rebuild and not even make a dent in their bank account. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping others when it is justified.
sensei

Lancaster, OH

#6 Mar 15, 2011
Generosity and an open heart in times of real need will never be forgotten.

Since: Jan 10

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 15, 2011
carl wrote:
We are so much in debt, we cant help our own country. So lets just go help someone elce, that would not help us if we were in need.
Japan gave a lot during Katrina, over $13.5m from corporations, their gov't and even a private citizen gave $1m (copy and paste URL):
http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/20...

Japan is a big American ally and and their economy is intertwined with ours- we should reach out to help those in need. Yes, America's economy isn't the best but if Japan's economy suffers ours will only go down hill further.
Shannon

Coshocton, OH

#8 Mar 15, 2011
I love how the same people who whine and moan about the less fortunate in America expect their tax money and then something like this happens and they ask why not help Americans first.

Make up your minds. Either the less fortunate in America are leeches or they need help and should get it.
name

Marysville, OH

#9 Mar 15, 2011
ElvisHammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan gave a lot during Katrina, over $13.5m from corporations, their gov't and even a private citizen gave $1m (copy and paste URL):
http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/20...
Japan is a big American ally and and their economy is intertwined with ours- we should reach out to help those in need. Yes, America's economy isn't the best but if Japan's economy suffers ours will only go down hill further.
good at least we know how much to give, send them 14m. but no we will give billions that we don't have.
Hippie73

Zanesville, OH

#10 Mar 15, 2011
If you can help Japan financially, then pray for them.
sock it to em

Kenton, OH

#11 Mar 15, 2011
If a disaster here in the U.S.(like JAPAN)---who would come to aid the U.S.? No one--we would have to deal with it ourselves and the government would run out of things for the people(like New Orleans) no homes but said they would get them--(FEMMA what a joke them people are still struggling)--but not a foreign country---they bring them here give them the golden platter. The U.S. should keep their nose out of other places. To h e l l with the other country.
Frugal Shopper

Grove City, OH

#12 Mar 15, 2011
sock it to em wrote:
If a disaster here in the U.S.(like JAPAN)---who would come to aid the U.S.? No one--we would have to deal with it ourselves and the government would run out of things for the people(like New Orleans) no homes but said they would get them--(FEMMA what a joke them people are still struggling)--but not a foreign country---they bring them here give them the golden platter. The U.S. should keep their nose out of other places. To h e l l with the other country.
You DO realize that after Katrina multiple countries offered physical and monetary assistance to the US right? I'm not sure if we were too proud to take it or not... If something like this happened, many countries around the world would come to our aid.
name

Marysville, OH

#13 Mar 15, 2011
Frugal Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realize that after Katrina multiple countries offered physical and monetary assistance to the US right? I'm not sure if we were too proud to take it or not... If something like this happened, many countries around the world would come to our aid.
only so they can say we owe them.
PBJ

Columbus, OH

#14 Mar 15, 2011
Who knew a city in Japan and Mansfield were sister cities? I am guessing neither knew. What a silly reference.
Greg

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 16, 2011
Sock it, you are wrong, hundreds of millions of dollars poured into the U.S. after Katrina. Reading the posts on this page, its maddening how ignorant most of you are. You are all scum.
billy bob

Montréal, Canada

#16 Sep 21, 2012
MERIKA!!!! those gooks can keep their own moneyz
vigilant truth seeker

Montréal, Canada

#17 Sep 21, 2012
WAKE UP PEEPLE! Japan did 9/11!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Swanigan Jun 19 Hmmm 1
News Chili And Wing Cook Off Set For Saturday On Mir... May 30 Annalisa 3
Jay Knipp May 30 Annalisa 3
doug koolaide mitchell May 30 Annalisa 12
News County's Secret Service Officer leaving to be p... (Jan '07) May 30 Annalisa 3,318
Mandy Mcghee May '16 PamSt 1
Jenn Campbell May '16 JennPeters 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages