Massachusetts State Police strikes ba...

Massachusetts State Police strikes back with Operation Lightning

There are 3 comments on the Boston Herald story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Massachusetts State Police strikes back with Operation Lightning. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

State police issued 533 traffic citations and 23 summonses and made 36 impaired driving arrests and 25 other arrests during the first three weekends of Operation Lightning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

Excallaber

Worcester, MA

#1 Aug 3, 2010
this should be called operation work 9-5 job any way
betterwatchout

Ayer, MA

#2 Aug 3, 2010
I can't stand when the road traps are out during the commuter hours when it is bad enough you are trying to arrive at your job and you have to be stopped and fined for being a hardworking get up every morning and arrive on time law abiding worker! They have so much more they can do by patrolling areas in high crime rate cities and towns. Why are law abiding hard working citizens being profiled as easy money for the state again to support the ones that are still in bed collecting a check for food and drugs. Again, we support everything don't we.
Mack

Monomoy Island, MA

#3 Aug 3, 2010
betterwatchout wrote:
I can't stand when the road traps are out during the commuter hours when it is bad enough you are trying to arrive at your job and you have to be stopped and fined for being a hardworking get up every morning and arrive on time law abiding worker! They have so much more they can do by patrolling areas in high crime rate cities and towns. Why are law abiding hard working citizens being profiled as easy money for the state again to support the ones that are still in bed collecting a check for food and drugs. Again, we support everything don't we.
Hmmm, and I thought they were stoping and fining people for reckless driving. Seems to me if you're driving recklessly,then you're not really being a law-abiding citizen, are you? How about getting up a little earlier to drive yourself to work. Oh, and if you're driving reckless, it's reckless and dangerous whether you're on your way to work or in a "hig crime rate area."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talkmansfield (Jan '13) Oct '17 Quackenboss 32
Road Pavement Jul '17 bobbyd 1
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
Review: Advanced Dental Care Of Norton - Rachel... (Feb '10) Jan '17 rneal7 2
East Main street development .. (Oct '16) Oct '16 smcgill 2
Kristina M Johnson (Plainville & Jamaica Plain) (Jul '16) Sep '16 MsB 2
News 'Burn every single ni**er!': This is how Trump ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 alleycat 2

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages