Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle

Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle

There are 21 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 18, 2010, titled Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A Massachusetts state trooper has died after being struck by a passing vehicle during a traffic stop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stupid drivers

Broadalbin, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2010
why is it so differcult to move a lane over when u see the blue flashing light u r soppose to do that never mind slow down.. I feel really bad for his family it should of never happend [people need to pay a ttention where the heck they r going

Since: Aug 08

Lee. MA

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Odds are the driver that hit him had been drinking also. Not only do the cops have to worry about gun carrying drug dealers, they also have to beware of stupid drivers. I feel for his family.
agree

Hoosick Falls, NY

#3 Jun 18, 2010
stupid drivers wrote:
why is it so differcult to move a lane over when u see the blue flashing light u r soppose to do that never mind slow down.. I feel really bad for his family it should of never happend [people need to pay a ttention where the heck they r going
I agree when you you see blue lights, red lights any thin geven construction most of us do slow down and keep out of harms way. I should never happened if they just use comon sence
Dougherty Family

Newport, RI

#4 Jun 18, 2010
So sorry to hear of your loss. WE too lost our son in march. He was R.I. Trooper
had been

Easthampton, MA

#7 Jun 18, 2010
This is a perfect example of how and why lawmakers write stupid laws for all of the people must follow.

The average high school drop out will slow down when any cop car is seen on the road. Then, you have the fellow who probably intended to run the trooper down.

A problem in any civilized society is that there are always few who, for what ever reason, just have to be oblivious to the greater good. Running down a Trooper is at the same level of killing rabbits because you couldn't break into a truck.

A sad tale, sympathy to the family and fellow troopers.
smuck

Clockville, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
hope they had to pick up the pieces! lol lol lol
Im sure his soul is in great shape.If I were you Id be sweating bullets.Your a lowlife
Paul Kersey

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
The idiot that wrote this is a North Adams loser.More than likely a bum who lives in a tenament house and if the leach works at all it is a minimum wage job due to the fact the idiot is a high school dropout.But more than likey he is shacked up with a fat slob and a couple of disfunctional illigid kids and sponging section 8 and food stamps.Is that you? I bet you also are a drug soaked cigarette smoking tattooed dirtball with your baseball cap on backwards. Your type wouldn't last long without the cops because the rest of us would take care of you and your petty criminal friends in our own way without them.
pike driver

Queensbury, NY

#10 Jun 19, 2010
i wish mass troopers would stand on the passenger side of the car, in mass they seem to be in the road, sorry for your loss.
yooo

Granby, MA

#11 Jun 19, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
Because your lover gave you aids you are a bitter person so go take a walk ponder where your life went wrong.
Neighbor

Easthampton, MA

#12 Jun 19, 2010
So much for the "Move Over" Law.
right

Hoosick Falls, NY

#13 Jun 19, 2010
pike driver wrote:
i wish mass troopers would stand on the passenger side of the car, in mass they seem to be in the road, sorry for your loss.
As the matter of fact I got pulled over once on a highway the trooper came to the passanger side of the car.
Steven

Clockville, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2010
Just curious; does the "Move Over" law apply to regular motorists who might be standing by their broken down car, or fixing a flat tire, or does it, as I presume, just apply to cops? And don't give me any shit for asking; it's a legitimate question. I'm tired of laws that treat cops as being worth more than the average law-abiding citizen.
Citizen

Clockville, NY

#15 Jun 19, 2010
Steven wrote:
Just curious; does the "Move Over" law apply to regular motorists who might be standing by their broken down car, or fixing a flat tire, or does it, as I presume, just apply to cops? And don't give me any **** for asking; it's a legitimate question. I'm tired of laws that treat cops as being worth more than the average law-abiding citizen.
http://www.moveoveramerica.com

Nope, it doesn't. I totally agree with the idea we should do what we can to protect officers, but I CAN see your point. Laws like this, as well as mandatory death-penalty sentences for cop killers and other cop-centric laws have the effect of putting the cops' lives and safty above the citizens they've sworn to "protect and serve", while ideally they should be equal. Good point.
hello

Bennington, VT

#16 Jun 19, 2010
when ever I get pulled over I always pull into a side street or parking-lot. cop at first get mad because I did`t stop right-away but after he realize it was for his safety he become thankful. Cop here are peace officers not ticket officers they care about this town..... they are oathkeepers...... we need to work together to protect this great country and the constitution...... please research bilderberg group.... they are the ones behind the oil spill "cap&trade" and 9/11 "debit to them" they need us to fight a endless war to get in debt with them.... everything is planned for us like we are sheep.... please wake up everyone.... cops and citizens need to work together... cop stop disrespecting the constitution on this war on drug and people support your follow cops.... we need each other... research 9/11 because it was an inside job!!!!!!!!!
cynic

Clockville, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2010
hello wrote:
when ever I get pulled over I always pull into a side street or parking-lot. cop at first get mad because I did`t stop right-away but after he realize it was for his safety he become thankful. Cop here are peace officers not ticket officers they care about this town..... they are oathkeepers...... we need to work together to protect this great country and the constitution...... please research bilderberg group.... they are the ones behind the oil spill "cap&trade" and 9/11 "debit to them" they need us to fight a endless war to get in debt with them.... everything is planned for us like we are sheep.... please wake up everyone.... cops and citizens need to work together... cop stop disrespecting the constitution on this war on drug and people support your follow cops.... we need each other... research 9/11 because it was an inside job!!!!!!!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, see the effects of interbreeding between siblings and other close relatives. We must put a stop to this!!
Leo

Clockville, NY

#18 Jun 19, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
You are such a loser, Jump off a bridge will ya
hello

Bennington, VT

#19 Jun 19, 2010
cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ladies and gentlemen, see the effects of interbreeding between siblings and other close relatives. We must put a stop to this!!
so do you know who the oathkeepers are? I bet you have no clue
or about the bilderberg group. nope nothing, no clue.. right....
last how many buildings collapse on 9/11 in new york city? was it 2 or 3.... if 3 did the third build get hit by a plane? I bet you have no clue to any of this... clueless just like a sheep.....
who are the "A&E for 9/11 truth"... please share with us unless you have no clue.... I`m betting this is all news to you....
Go oBUMa Yourself

United States

#23 Jun 19, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
<quoted text>paul you you you hurt me! now then, you ****! may you and you family all die in you house when YOU set it on fire! lol lol lol
Why don't you go oBUMa yourself?
Geeze Louise

United States

#24 Jun 20, 2010
GO TO HELL wrote:
<quoted text>paul you you you hurt me! now then, you ****! may you and you family all die in you house when YOU set it on fire! lol lol lol
They are working to find out who you are. They can and they will and it will be fun as you squirm in your pathetic existance.
no kidding

Lenox, MA

#25 Jun 20, 2010
How sad...the base indecency is mind-boggling. I agree with you posters who are clearly here for the right reason. Why is it not protocol for police men and women to move to the shoulder-side of the car? I pulled over once during a snowstorm to unclog my wiper blade and an officer approached me to check things out. I see enough in the news to be paranoid; I asked him to move to the other side of my car. The first thing I learned in driver's ed was never to stand in between two cars pulled over behind each other because of the heinous possibilities. Is there a reason cops have to stand at the driver's side? It just seems so simple...my thoughts are with the friends and family of this officer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Road Pavement Jul '17 bobbyd 1
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
Talkmansfield (Jan '13) Feb '17 ShempC 31
Review: Advanced Dental Care Of Norton - Rachel... (Feb '10) Jan '17 rneal7 2
East Main street development .. (Oct '16) Oct '16 smcgill 2
Kristina M Johnson (Plainville & Jamaica Plain) (Jul '16) Sep '16 MsB 2
News 'Burn every single ni**er!': This is how Trump ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 alleycat 2

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages