Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle

Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle

There are 14 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 18, 2010, titled Mass. trooper killed by passing vehicle. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A Massachusetts state trooper has died after being struck by a passing vehicle during a traffic stop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Ron

Billerica, MA

#1 Jun 18, 2010
I support the death penalty in any case where a Trooper is struck by a vehicle.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to miss the flashing lights.

Slow down you idiots.
BigB

Lowell, MA

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Including cases of vehicle malfunction (blown tire, wheel bearing locks up)? Or medical emergency (heart attack, stroke)? Or any of a number of other mitigating factors?
Smitty

Belmont, MA

#3 Jun 18, 2010
RIP Trooper.
steve

Lowell, MA

#5 Jun 18, 2010
BigB wrote:
Including cases of vehicle malfunction (blown tire, wheel bearing locks up)? Or medical emergency (heart attack, stroke)? Or any of a number of other mitigating factors?
Or drunk driving too? Don't think so. If you're drunk, get the 'f' off the road, losers.
BigB

Lowell, MA

#6 Jun 18, 2010
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Or drunk driving too? Don't think so. If you're drunk, get the 'f' off the road, losers.
Never said anything about drunk. Interesting how what one doesn't say ends up getting attributed to you.
gordie

Billerica, MA

#7 Jun 18, 2010
R.I.P. Trooper
Bagdad Harry

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2010
BigB wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said anything about drunk. Interesting how what one doesn't say ends up getting attributed to you.
TV news report said both drivers of both vehicles were charged with OUI.
BigB

Lowell, MA

#9 Jun 18, 2010
Yes, I know. So throw the book at them both. But that still has nothing to do with the fact that I asked Ron whether there were any mitigating circumstances that might make his statement about the death penalty for anyone killing a trooper during a stop extreme. Stevey boy then completely misinterpreted what I said.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Jun 19, 2010
Ron wrote:
I support the death penalty in any case where a Trooper is struck by a vehicle.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to miss the flashing lights.
Slow down you idiots.
What if it's a construction worker? In this case it was a driver that was stopped, that driver was hit by another vehicle. What if it were the first driver instead of the trooper?

I don't support the death penalty but if I did it would only be for cases where the criminal was intent on causing harm. I would never support the death penalty for any accident.
steve

Lowell, MA

#11 Jun 19, 2010
BigB wrote:
Yes, I know. So throw the book at them both. But that still has nothing to do with the fact that I asked Ron whether there were any mitigating circumstances that might make his statement about the death penalty for anyone killing a trooper during a stop extreme. Stevey boy then completely misinterpreted what I said.
I certainly did because I missed the '?' after the parenthesis. I should have read that again. lol. But I do stand by what I said, but not directed at you.

When it comes to vehicles and accidents, nothing irritates me more than drunk driving.
BigB

Lowell, MA

#12 Jun 19, 2010
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly did because I missed the '?' after the parenthesis. I should have read that again. lol. But I do stand by what I said, but not directed at you.
When it comes to vehicles and accidents, nothing irritates me more than drunk driving.
Thanks, and agreed.
Maggie

Haverhill, MA

#13 Jun 20, 2010
Just one question - with the driving records for these 2 idiots listed on Tv - what were they doing on the road ? And apparently with licenses. How drunk do you have to be to not see flashing blue lights? They need lots of jail time and permanent loss of license. Hopefully they will not get one of the liberal judges we seem to have an overabundance of here in Mass.
steve

Lowell, MA

#14 Jun 20, 2010
From what I understand, both drivers were at a Jimmy Buffet concert at Comcast center.
Lynda

Billerica, MA

#15 Jun 20, 2010
Sad about the trooper. The two drivers are both complete idiots and wasted skin.

I hate drunks. I hate drunk drivers even more.

If found guilty I only wish that both could go to prison for 20 years and lose their right to drive for the rest of their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mansfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
Talkmansfield (Jan '13) Feb '17 ShempC 31
Review: Advanced Dental Care Of Norton - Rachel... (Feb '10) Jan '17 rneal7 2
East Main street development .. (Oct '16) Oct '16 smcgill 2
Kristina M Johnson (Plainville & Jamaica Plain) (Jul '16) Sep '16 MsB 2
News 'Burn every single ni**er!': This is how Trump ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 alleycat 2
green lizard's chat room (Jan '08) Aug '16 Bagd 67

Mansfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mansfield Mortgages