Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Ca...

Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Castle?

There are 320 comments on the Newsday.com story from Dec 4, 2010, titled Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Castle?. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

The talk around Shirley these days is that White Castle will be taking over the now-defunct Roy Rogers site -- the last of its kind on Long Island and a place that was for decades a staple of Smith Point Park summer beach goers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#1 Dec 5, 2010
Aren't there enough fast food joints in the Mastic/Shirley area? Why do these places thrive in the lower income areas?
Thanks

Bridgeport, CT

#2 Dec 5, 2010
I would love to have a White Castle nearby. It would be a great place to hold old fashioned cruise nights. We could have car shows and other community events.

Please go back to Malverne, you are not fooling anyone by posting using local nick-names.
Leonardo

Bronx, NY

#3 Dec 5, 2010
They should turn it into a bank! We don't have enough of them around here.

..seriously though, one of my first jobs was in that Roy Rogers (the only one left on Long Island and most of the east coast). I was 17 and worked there part-time and Burger King part-time.

I guess you could say I was a double-hamburger-spy :)

A part of our history gone....
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#4 Dec 5, 2010
Thanks wrote:
I would love to have a White Castle nearby. It would be a great place to hold old fashioned cruise nights. We could have car shows and other community events.
Please go back to Malverne, you are not fooling anyone by posting using local nick-names.
Cruise night, car shows? Yeah sure, block the parking slips for people who want to eat. Go show your crap elsewhere.
Thanks

Bridgeport, CT

#5 Dec 5, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruise night, car shows? Yeah sure, block the parking slips for people who want to eat. Go show your crap elsewhere.
You just don't get it. Events bring people out to socialize...to enjoy life...and even to buy a burger.
Betty Manzella

Tenafly, NJ

#7 Dec 5, 2010
I'd still rather see SONIC come in if it's going to remain a fast food place.
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#8 Dec 5, 2010
Betty Manzella wrote:
How about a nice upscale restaurant? I have to travel a good distance to have a nice dinner out. We have Pudgie's, Checkers, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Nathan's, Kentucky Fried Chicken,
Appleby's, how much more do you want? Have you ever noticed the 300 pound teenage girls walking around? Where do you think this is coming from? 14 year old girls that have thighs bigger than my waist and you want to add fuel to the fire! How much do you weigh Betty?
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#9 Dec 5, 2010
Betty Manzella wrote:
Check out this link Betty. Is that you in the middle? If so, I don't think you need to be stuffing and Sonic burgers down your throat!

http://www.myspace.com/bettymanzella/photos/1...

This is exactly my point. Please step away from the Twinkies!!
Thats Enough

Bridgeport, CT

#10 Dec 5, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out this link Betty. Is that you in the middle? If so, I don't think you need to be stuffing and Sonic burgers down your throat!
http://www.myspace.com/bettymanzella/photos/1...
This is exactly my point. Please step away from the Twinkies!!
You are a miserable bastard....you are "bad to the bone". How dare you attack Betty, especially when you stand anonymously behind a screen name. You are clearly not a nice person. I guess it's only OK for YOU to have an opinion.
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#11 Dec 5, 2010
Thats Enough wrote:
<quoted text>You are a miserable bastard....you are "bad to the bone". How dare you attack Betty, especially when you stand anonymously behind a screen name. You are clearly not a nice person. I guess it's only OK for YOU to have an opinion.
I'm not attacking anyone, if the shoe fits wear it! Have you seen the 300 pound 14 year olds walking around in the area? It all comes from the super sized big macs and whoppers that they stuff down their throats. It's disgusting and Betty wants more of the same! Bouncing Betty should stick to a nice salad instead of Sonic or White Castle burgers. You should join her and help get rid of the loads in this town!
Thats Enough

Bridgeport, CT

#12 Dec 5, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not attacking anyone, if the shoe fits wear it! Have you seen the 300 pound 14 year olds walking around in the area? It all comes from the super sized big macs and whoppers that they stuff down their throats. It's disgusting and Betty wants more of the same! Bouncing Betty should stick to a nice salad instead of Sonic or White Castle burgers. You should join her and help get rid of the loads in this town!
Wow, you don't think making a reference to someone's weight is not an attack? I know Betty does not need ME to defend her. Maybe you were lucky enough to have good genes and you are thinner than her and possibly even me. So, this gives you the right to attack someone who happens to make a nice suggestion for a burger place like Sonic.

You can call me an asshole for wanting to enjoy life, show off a classic car, and hang out with friends. But, I just don't get why you would stoop so low to personally attack Betty.
Evan

Bronx, NY

#13 Dec 5, 2010
I eatz White Castle and I rock well gotz a castle in Mastic is where I dwell
Badtothebone

Miller Place, NY

#14 Dec 5, 2010
Thats Enough wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you don't think making a reference to someone's weight is not an attack? I know Betty does not need ME to defend her. Maybe you were lucky enough to have good genes and you are thinner than her and possibly even me. So, this gives you the right to attack someone who happens to make a nice suggestion for a burger place like Sonic.
You can call me an asshole for wanting to enjoy life, show off a classic car, and hang out with friends. But, I just don't get why you would stoop so low to personally attack Betty.
I tell it like it is, if you don't like it to damn bad! I'll say it again, we don't need another fast food joint! This area is getting like the south with banks and fast food on every corner.
Betty Manzella

Tenafly, NJ

#15 Dec 5, 2010
Because again, people like badtothebone find it easy to make cruel and nasty statements while hiding behind a screen name. Just another coward...probably has some deep rooted issues or complexes dealing with SIZE and 14 year old girls...

And obviously badtothebone either can't read or has a problem with reading comprehension... High school drop-out perhaps?

So, notsobad - why don't you go back and RE-READ what I wrote it - I did not say I wanted white castle...I said if given the choice, I'd rather see a SONIC,(which actually has some good salads and more choice) than a White Castle....IF IT'S GOING TO REMAIN a fast food place.. Learn to read, moron!
Betty Manzella

Tenafly, NJ

#17 Dec 5, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.myspace.com This is exactly my point. Please step away from the Twinkies!!
Yes, 3 years ago, 10lbs ago and when I still had hair. The only point you make is that you don't understand what you read and that you are a small-minded coward who gets a charge out of insulting people while hiding behind a computer screen. Where's your picture? Or better yet, where's your name? Too scared to actually post it for fear of the terrible things that will be said about you.
Evan

New Brunswick, NJ

#18 Dec 5, 2010
I eatz White castle and I rock well got a mansion in Mastic Im tryin to sell
NAUGHTY NANA

AOL

#19 Dec 5, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a nice upscale restaurant? I have to travel a good distance to have a nice dinner out. We have Pudgie's, Checkers, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Nathan's, Kentucky Fried Chicken,
Appleby's, how much more do you want? Have you ever noticed the 300 pound teenage girls walking around? Where do you think this is coming from? 14 year old girls that have thighs bigger than my waist and you want to add fuel to the fire! How much do you weigh Betty?
so, you notice 14 year old girls in the area. it seems to me, that you are one of those perverts we have been inundated with. you are what we should worry about, BAD TO THE BONE? your name says it all. stop watching our teenage girls, and try to become a productive part of society. i am sure you can get some treatment. you seem fueled with hate for everyone. i think you could be a danger to innocent people with your hate
BAD TO THE BONE, that says it all...loser. L
NAUGHTY NANA

AOL

#20 Dec 5, 2010
why has betty become the poster child for everything that is negative. i don't know betty personally, but i am aware of all the good things she does. she has faced health and family issues head on. she has been a leading factor in seeing that the village became a reallity. she has no one to apologize to for anything. she is a hard worker, that takes more crap than anyone should. if she has an opinion, she gives it, and has the balls to sign her name. betty wants what most of us here in the mastic, shirley area want, and that is for us to succeed in making our area a better place to live, i laugh when i see comments from malverne,(famous for their groundhog), and bellmore and even patchogue, knocking us..well i am sick of it. clean up your own neighborhoods, because, you are no better than anyone else. if you need advice on how to do that, i am sure that betty could help you, as it seems your own civic leaders, could use some intervention...L
Evan

New Brunswick, NJ

#21 Dec 5, 2010
Yo Ugly Betty,you aint ready
MBPOA MEMBER

Bridgeport, CT

#22 Dec 6, 2010
NAUGHTY NANA wrote:
why has betty become the poster child for everything that is negative. i don't know betty personally, but i am aware of all the good things she does. she has faced health and family issues head on. she has been a leading factor in seeing that the village became a reallity. she has no one to apologize to for anything. she is a hard worker, that takes more crap than anyone should. if she has an opinion, she gives it, and has the balls to sign her name. betty wants what most of us here in the mastic, shirley area want, and that is for us to succeed in making our area a better place to live, i laugh when i see comments from malverne,(famous for their groundhog), and bellmore and even patchogue, knocking us..well i am sick of it. clean up your own neighborhoods, because, you are no better than anyone else. if you need advice on how to do that, i am sure that betty could help you, as it seems your own civic leaders, could use some intervention...L
I agree...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang Graffiti at the old Smitties 4 hr 11951Ratdog 97
Ringling Brothers Sun Evan Politico 2
The Truth about Fred Towel (Mar '12) Jan 19 Evan Politico 34
Where is really Bradys 'lie a day' segment? Com... Jan 18 11951Ratdog 206
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Jan 14 Your Moms Box 484
DO NOT try to go to the gas station at the Poos... (Sep '14) Jan 8 Hottadan 10
News Mastic Beach Woman Gets 1 Year in Jail for ID T... (May '11) Jan 8 Anonymous1 21

Manorville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manorville Mortgages