Elementary school in Presidential Mea...

Elementary school in Presidential Meadows

Posted in the Manor Forum

Mad Mom

Austin, TX

#1 Jun 6, 2007
I've recently learned that Manor has decided not to provide a safe passage for children attending PMES this fall. Currently there is not a connecting street or walk way for children living in Greenbury traveling to and from School. Children walking home will have either cross an over grown field or walk along HWY 290 to get home. Could this be true??

With all the bonds that we have passed in Manor for education certainly, we can do better than this. Our kids saftey should be of the most importance.
dazed

Austin, TX

#2 Aug 12, 2007
I think that would be the responsibility of the city, not the schools. The bonds that were passed were for school buildings, not roads.
Big AL

Greenville, MS

#3 Aug 25, 2007
My grandchild, who lives in Bell Farms attended manor elemamery last year has been sent to PMES this year. They has a safe passage across HWY 290 to the school last year. This year they have to cross HWY 290, during morning rush hour to get to the school with out the aid of a light. If the state can provide a light to turn into subdivisions, i'm sure they can find a way to get one on HWY290 near PMES. Please do it before a child is hurt or kill.
Big AL

Greenville, MS

#4 Aug 25, 2007
PMES I think that would be the responsibility of Travis County not any city. It is located outside the city limits oe Manor. The school board should make a request to the county to get a passage way open to the school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the dumb fk in ny 19 hr Nose Fart 2
austin mccallum #2 Sun Smelly Fart 4
News Lady Gaga's Love-In Electro-dance validation br... Sun Microphone Fart 8
Darcy at Continental Parts in Dallas Dec 6 Fartist 6
Poll What part of Austin is more Ghetto? (May '08) Dec 4 Particle Farts 86
Has anyone seen Mark Castro anymore (Mar '11) May '17 Xoxox 2
Glen Clark - baseball player for the Austin Braves (Jan '15) Jan '15 pgustaf249 1

Manor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Manor Mortgages