First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Wondering How

Shinnston, WV

#1 Jan 23, 2013
How does someone get something like a topix that has been started on here about them or a family memeber?
Report Abuse

Morgantown, WV

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for report abuse. Click the link, then copy and paste from the address bar, the post you want removed.

If you cannot do it, please post and let me know what the topic of the post you want removed is and I will be glad to do it for you. I have reported several within the past two days about people that I don't even know, but find this type of slander and gossip sickening.

I am going to try to review the topix site twice a day and report any abuse about ANYONE that is posted.

Hope this helps

Shantele Starling
Topic

Fairmont, WV

#3 Jan 23, 2013
the HOLE thing needs to be removed,all it is nothing but garbage on here
Right on

AOL

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Shantele for President 2016. Shantele you have helped so many people from being destroyed by the slander and gossip on these topix's. We love you! God Bless you!!!
Just Wondering How

Shinnston, WV

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Why hasnt the post about Mandi Barker the cheerleading coach been removed yet? Some people have stated some terrible stuff about her and her family, regardless of what she did.

What happens when you report abuse? Is the topix just removed? Does it automatically start a legal procedure against those who posted? Are they just blocked from posting on here again?
Just Wondering How

Shinnston, WV

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for report abuse. Click the link, then copy and paste from the address bar, the post you want removed.
If you cannot do it, please post and let me know what the topic of the post you want removed is and I will be glad to do it for you. I have reported several within the past two days about people that I don't even know, but find this type of slander and gossip sickening.
I am going to try to review the topix site twice a day and report any abuse about ANYONE that is posted.
Hope this helps
Shantele Starling
Here are some that need to be reoved: NMHS Cheer Coach Arrested, North Marion Football, Jeremy Foley (oh wait looks like its gone, We need a coach and Woodman as FSU Coach...just to name a few that need removed.
Report Abuse

Morgantown, WV

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Yes this forum definitely needs to be removed. I have been a target on this forum as well by association with my sister whom I love dearly. The forum will never be removed, but we can get the slander removed.

I never visited this forum until recently, but I will be viewing it daily for Slander, Libel a :(a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression)

I phoned the topix Corporation in California and any and all posted will be removed within 24 hour of being reported.

If I report a topic and it hasn"t been removed, I will call them myself until it is. I do not have alot of time to invest, but I am going to do my best to clean up some of this negativity.

Show some pride in yourself and for others in our small community.

Blessings,
Shantele
Report Abuse

Morgantown, WV

#8 Jan 23, 2013
The post is removed once it is reported.. No legal procedures are started unless the individual(s) start it for themselves..

I reported the one about Jeremy Foley and it has been removed. I will work on getting the others removed as well. It has to be slander, Libel or Defamation of Character before it is removed. I will review the others as soon as possible and contact the topix Corp to get them removed.

I am doing this because it is something I believe in and have been subjected to myself. I am in no way affiliated with this site... Just a citizen of Mannington.

Shantele
Just Wondering How

Shinnston, WV

#9 Jan 23, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
Yes this forum definitely needs to be removed. I have been a target on this forum as well by association with my sister whom I love dearly. The forum will never be removed, but we can get the slander removed.
I never visited this forum until recently, but I will be viewing it daily for Slander, Libel a :(a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression)
I phoned the topix Corporation in California and any and all posted will be removed within 24 hour of being reported.
If I report a topic and it hasn"t been removed, I will call them myself until it is. I do not have alot of time to invest, but I am going to do my best to clean up some of this negativity.
Show some pride in yourself and for others in our small community.
Blessings,
Shantele
Thank you for all your work. I assume the topixs(such as the one about the mannington cop) that have been removed thus far were thanks to you!!
Report Abuse

Morgantown, WV

#10 Jan 23, 2013
I will continue to work on it some each day.... I am also have a call scheduled with the Topix Corporation in California on Friday to try to further combat this senseless negativity that is and has affected so many in our little community.

We cannot change others, but we can stand up for whats right and for our community.

Shan
I believe

AOL

#11 Jan 23, 2013
I believe several horrible posts should be removed, the one about the Cheerleading coach makes me want to scream. What those people are posting is just pure old hate and they are destroying the whole family with it. They love the sin, but hate the sinner, as the old saying goes, and we all know anyone with a drop of decency in them that you hate the sin, BUT YOU ALWAYS LOVE THE SINNER Those people who post that awful stuff are not trying to help anyone, they are just trying to destroy lives, I think that people who slander are the very worst people on this earth.
Report Abuse

Morgantown, WV

#12 Jan 23, 2013
It has been reported
Thank you

AOL

#13 Jan 23, 2013
I don't know you but I can see why so many people love you, you will probably never know how many people you have inspired to do the right thing and fight for other people. Your a hero.You just don't know what a blessing you have been and you have helped many people from a life of pain and heartache by stopping this evil from spreading.
1 post removed
hyperbole

Fairmont, WV

#15 Jan 23, 2013
Thank you wrote:
I don't know you but I can see why so many people love you, you will probably never know how many people you have inspired to do the right thing and fight for other people. Your a hero.You just don't know what a blessing you have been and you have helped many people from a life of pain and heartache by stopping this evil from spreading.
A little much..no?
nope

AOL

#16 Jan 24, 2013
"hyperbole' I can see where people like you think that when someone says something good about people it is "A little much..no",. but I assure you it was not hyperbole=exaggeration. Many people do love Shan because she is a wonderful person for trying to stop these horrible topix, yes she is a hero to many people because she has the guts to stand up to the bullies, she is a blessing because she has stopped this slander from spreading by reporting it. She has helped many people from a life of pain and heartache because she is doing something to stop that pain and sorrow from starting because she has got things removed and most people are going to think twice before they get on here and post libal and slander about others. Yes she is stopping the evil from spreading.So I think "hyperbole" that you are the real evaggerator when you come on here and try to start bad things about people who are only trying to help Shan in her fight to stop evil.
A poem

AOL

#17 Jan 24, 2013
I found this in a magizine today and Shantele's name popped in my head."I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.Edward Everett Hale.-------Loved this poem!
just noticing

Fairmont, WV

#18 Feb 1, 2013
I have spent about 30 minutes scanning through the topics and have noticed that a lot of vile and untrue things that were written about my own family and friends have been removed. Thank you Shantele, it's about time someone finally stood up for whats RIGHT for a change.
amen

Fairmont, WV

#19 Feb 1, 2013
Report Abuse wrote:
Hope this helps
Shantele Starling
I dont know you, but I do know your sister, but I just want to say I think it is a great thing that you are doing by reporting all the abuse on here. It has gotten way out of hand, and people can say what they want, but if you sit idle and do nothing, you are as guilty as the ones doing it. It is time people start standing up for what is right and doing something about it. Amen and Amen.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#20 Feb 1, 2013
AMEN!
need to be removed

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Feb 4, 2013
Sasha hendershot, hi I'm in jail and many more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mannington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr besthavemovedaway 763
Who is the homeliest woman in Mannington? 21 hr curious 10
Annual Husky Beatdown 21 hr Polar Bear Pride 3
kristen moore (Dec '12) Sun Who cares 2
Drug bust Sun Curious 1
Anyone in need of a housekeeper Sun Inquiring minds 5
Idamay Black Diamonds Football Sat Get er did 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mannington Mortgages