Are there any Ghosts in Mannington?
Focus

Salisbury, MD

#49 Jun 22, 2009
more more I like hearing them as well!
ghosts

Uniontown, PA

#50 Jun 22, 2009
Blackshere yes its haunted been there throughout the years at parties and such its a creepy dam place at nite and there is a room upstairs that stays cold no matter what the hair will stand up on your back
1 post removed
Youknowme

AOL

#52 Jun 24, 2009
the "ghost hunters" were not there. But I was about a month ago. The place is awsome!!
remembrance

AOL

#53 Jun 24, 2009
Youknowme wrote:
the "ghost hunters" were not there. But I was about a month ago. The place is awsome!!
Tell us why it so awesome..

Since: Apr 09

Clear Spring, MD

#54 Jun 24, 2009
I know the auditorium at North Marion High School is haunted. I've had the ghost in there move stuff and try to communicate with me. Once a bunch of us were in there trying to talk to him and we had the lights off and we could see a shadow on the wall to the left of the auditorium when you come in. And I have herd recordings of him talking to people. And one of my friends saw him and talked to him. So I know there is a ghost in there.

Since: Apr 09

Clear Spring, MD

#55 Jun 24, 2009
Also, I know a couple people who work at North Marion Family Chiropractor and they say there is a ghost in there. And that everyone who works there agrees.
Ghost Writer

Clear Spring, MD

#56 Jun 24, 2009
Both books by Ruth ann Musick are fascinating local compilations of ghost stories primarily from north central West Virginia. If one objectively sorts through the stories they should be able to discern which are ridiculous, which are plausable, and which are believable and scary as Hell. I do not know if I believe in God, but I hope that he believes in me.
dawn

Salisbury, MD

#57 Jun 25, 2009
i know for sure there was a ghost in edith looman's house. she won a paid trip to england because of him. she was a wonderful lady that taught SS at first baptist church. Willie did what he wanted to, moved furniture, etc.
elizabeth

United States

#58 Jun 29, 2009
Hi, I live at the Blackshere house. Just to clarify, the TV "Ghosthunters" were not here, the organization was a local paranormal investigation group...they did catch some very interesting things! After hearing some of the audio, and particularly seeing the video--compounded with personal experiences based on living here for the last 2 years-- I can comfortably say there is something going on that I can't explain.
1TigerLily

Mathias, WV

#59 Jul 8, 2009
I have never heard of the middle school ghosts but I have heard of Willie and the ghost above the movie theater and Snider's Florist. I can't remember the story about that ghost. They also say old Dr. Flowers haunts a house on Main Street. The Old Elliot home. Keep the stories coming...oh what about the witches' grave?
StaPuffman

Salisbury, MD

#60 Jul 9, 2009
There is no "Witch's grave". I've been there. The tombstone has a very ornate carving of stairs ascending, but if you look at it in the right light and with the forethought that it's a witch's grave and the stairs lead down to hell, the stairs appear to lead downward, but it little matters now, the tombstone has been horribly defaced. Probably by some "Christian".
SCARED STUDENT

Oakvale, WV

#61 Jul 9, 2009
Go to the old Church of Christ. It's the Mannington Police Reserves now. It's on Clarksburg Street. Walk up High Street about 100 feet. Look back at the steeple. I saw one of the scariest things of my life there. Just before dark at the window with the broken shutter hanging down . I saw what appeared to be an old hunched over lady walk by that window. I remember an old school teacher that lived by that church all her life . Her name was Ms Tabler .She was never married. She taught well into her 80's I think she lived to be close to 100. She was a very good English teacher and a very private person. The person, or more accuratly, shadow of a person, appeared to be her. I went back a few days later this time driving down High Street towards the old church and stopped dead in my tracks ,there she was again this time looking out of the window with the hanging shutter beside her. I won't go that way anymore. Just looking at the steeple is scary enough . someone needs to take a picture of it and send to the Times. I think Ms Tabler is looking out that old scary steeple keeping a eye on all the thousands of kids she taught at Mannington. I would like for someone to go there just before dark to see if you see the same thing and get back on this site and tell me. Thankyou.
StaPuffman

Salisbury, MD

#62 Jul 9, 2009
Now we're talking. Might get crowded on high street across from Pete and Joann Beaty's house about dusk tonight.
unknown

United States

#63 Jul 9, 2009
I have one for you, I live in a haunted house. I am not going to tell you where just the experience I have had.. My daughter kept telling me that she had a "friend" named Samantha, for a while I thought she was making it up so I played a long with her. One day I was in the kitchen doing dishes and I heard my daughter talking to someone like there was someone in the room with her. so I went in and there was no one around and I asked her who she was talking to and she said Samantha, I just blew it off. the same night that this had happen I was in the living room watching tv, when I heard someone say "Hello" I looked over and I seen this little girl standing next to my couch and when I turned again she was gone. I didn't see her after that for a couple months and my daughter stopped talking about her, then when we remodeled our living room things seemed to start happening again, but this time things would be moved or loud noises would be heard in the middle of the night.. Then one day my daughter came to me and told me that Samantha wasn't happy with us remodeling the house and told her to stop it.. so I got scared!.. I went the the library and found out everyone who lived in this house before us, I came to this family in 1903 that had a daughter named Samantha that died of a drowning accident, so everything that has been going on made sense to me.. we still have her show herself every once in a while but she hasn't harmed us, but it is scary when you turn around to get something and it's not there... There is alot more I could tell you but it would take all day!
Caspar

AOL

#64 Jul 9, 2009
There are no such things as ghosts.
I Agree

United States

#65 Jul 9, 2009
Just drove down High Street and looked up at the old Church of Christ steeple . Looks like something from a horror movie. The whole thing looks like a face with the windows being the eyes with one half closed. Going back tonight to see if I can see that old lady at the window. It's got to be haunted.

Since: May 09

Mannington

#66 Jul 12, 2009
Gracie wrote:
For those who love ghost stories around WV there is a book full of them from early 1800s until today. I think it is called "The Lilac Bush" but not sure. I could find out the title if you want. Or the Mannington Library might have it. I had a copy at one time. I loved to read it.
Great book by Ruth Ann Musick, The Telltale Lilac Bush, she also wrote a couple others of Appalachian folklore, Coffin Hollow, and Green Hills of Magic, I used to get them from the library all the time, even purchased them from amazon.com , I agree, people should really read them if interested in this kind of thing.
Van Helsing

Clear Spring, MD

#67 Jul 12, 2009
Ghosts say there are no such thing as people.
Van Helsing

Clear Spring, MD

#68 Jul 12, 2009
To Casper: May you live the rest of your life without dealing with a paranormal experience, haunting, or possesion. These things do happen, and to those they happen to, they are very real.
superman

Salisbury, MD

#69 Jul 13, 2009
Alice Wilson house is supose to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mannington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos da baddist woman? (Sep '16) 7 hr hittin it 18
Damon sturgeon 7 hr Amber 4
Tired of McDonalds in Mannington 11 hr FixIt 1
Tara Watson Sep 23 Itty bit 3
ace cuntingham Sep 21 Iron Mike 2
News DOH: Costs of Greater Fairmont's I-79 expansion... Sep 17 Invisible 6
News Monongah men charged following series of break-ins (Oct '09) Sep 15 Mark Reel 21

Mannington Jobs

Personal Finance

Mannington Mortgages