Are there any Ghosts in Mannington?

Posted in the Mannington Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
StevenotKing

Salisbury, MD

#1 Jun 8, 2009
Willie the Ghost is a famous Mannington Ghost that was perhaps exorcised by razing his 2nd floor hang out. Does anyone have a ghost story about Willie or any other ghost in Mannington?
Ghost story fan

Sandy Ridge, NC

#2 Jun 8, 2009
I never even heard about willie...Please tell
1 post removed
Cap Hatfield

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2009
The middle school may be the most haunted place in town. Thousands of lives have moved through that place: teachers, students, parents, etc. Many of them were very stupid in life, there is no reason to suppose they would not be even stupider in death.
StevenotKing

Salisbury, MD

#5 Jun 8, 2009
Can't figure out whether it's a ghost story or an advertisement. Either way, It might be Mahiba Francis trying to give us her Fudge recipe. " Come up stairs, I'll show you how" That said...how frequent are the sightings?...are they "if you're a regular customer you probably have a ghost story to tell".....or is it "come on down it's Disney Land MegaPlex EeriE GhosT RidE for the price of dinner"....?
Mop Jockey

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2009
Mannington residents would be wise to avoid the fourth floor and the bell tower at mannington middle. There is paranormal activity there on an almost daily and nightly basis. The board of education brought in a paranomal team to investigate and they pulled out after one night. They are not malevelent spirits, but they are angry. The kids are pretty much all on the lower floors so they will be okay. As an eye witness, the only thing I ever saw was a chalk eraser fly through the air.
Mop Jockey

United States

#7 Jun 8, 2009
This is the way it went down. I was in the room, a classroom that hadn't been used in several years, and the chalk eraser flew through the air and hit me in the face. There was no one around. I said to myself,Okay. The next time I went to that room the eraser was no where to be found.
Ghost story fan

Sandy Ridge, NC

#8 Jun 8, 2009
I Would LOVE to go into the school or any haunted place and see for myself....
hmmmmm

Clear Spring, MD

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Customer wrote:
We all think there's a ghost in Mid Town Cafe. Things fall for no reason. We've heard loud footsteps upstairs above our heads. The bathroom doors lock on their own sometimes. Loud noises in kitchen like something fell, but nothing fell. Nobody would ever believe the happenings there. We all think it's Tofak Francis. It's a very old building and a lot of history in there. We tease about it everytime something happens. Come on down and see for yourself.
Are you sure its not the rats?
D Con

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Possibly some two legged ones.
Ghost Writer

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2009
It is a known fact that some spirits never rest easy over certain things that troubled them during their lives. Tofak is probably looking for a dime or quarter he lost.
MELISSA

Akron, OH

#12 Jun 9, 2009
Mop Jockey wrote:
Mannington residents would be wise to avoid the fourth floor and the bell tower at mannington middle. There is paranormal activity there on an almost daily and nightly basis. The board of education brought in a paranomal team to investigate and they pulled out after one night. They are not malevelent spirits, but they are angry. The kids are pretty much all on the lower floors so they will be okay. As an eye witness, the only thing I ever saw was a chalk eraser fly through the air.
ARE YOU SURE? IM GOING TO HAVE TO ASK MY GRANDMA WHO WAS A TEACHER AT MANNINGTON FOR MANY YEARS. IVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT. I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE 3-4TH FLOOR TO CHECK IT OUT FOR MY SELF.
jhon

United States

#13 Jun 9, 2009
there was a jd hammleton ran in to to a gas station, an saidemy mike ham----didnt bang vic. boy she must have her nose in his a----------s good news by informing from her son! good news from o boy what a mother?
jhon

United States

#14 Jun 9, 2009
THis is no gosip it is true! ASK ANY ONE WHO WORKS THERE OBOY WHAT A NOSEY JD HOG PHOTOS 1010BE -ST.JUST ASK ? LOTS OF WITS.
Patrick Moore

United States

#15 Jun 9, 2009
der der, dah dah, ug ug. unga bunga binga boonga bunga. What the hell are you trying to say jhon
Brian

Salisbury, MD

#16 Jun 9, 2009
LOL Pat, only the ghost knows !
1 post removed
Brian

Salisbury, MD

#18 Jun 9, 2009
Willie was a ghost that lived in Edith Loomans home "the home has been torn down". As far as I know he never bothered anyone. The only thing he did not like was his bedroom door being closed or anything on his bed. I was there one day and didnt belive it so she had me put a plate with a glass of water on it on his bed, then I walked down stairs to where she was and she told me to go back and get the water. I went back to pick up the water and it was not on his bed, it was on the night stand !
1 post removed
MELISSA

Akron, OH

#20 Jun 10, 2009
i love all the ghost stories! keep them coming!
Fair Life

Akron, OH

#21 Jun 10, 2009
Has anyone ever seen anything at the witches grave? I have been there several times and have not seen anything. I also grew up in Grandview beside the Looman's. I heard the story of Willie but I never seen anything myself.
Ghost Writer

United States

#22 Jun 10, 2009
While I do believe in ghosts I also believe that a high percentage of ghost stories are based on explainable events and misconceptions. There are more people associated with the Looman story who repudiate it then affirm it. Same with the alleged Witch's grave. The alleged haunted fourth floor at Mannington Middle is totally bogus. The present Prim and Folksy and former feed store is another matter. The previous owner told me the care taker stayed outside in a camper because of things that went on inside the building. She also told me a swing on the back porch would sometimes move back and forth even when there was no wind. She invited me to come and witness this manifestation, but I declined. With my luck the swinger would have followed me to my house. Boo!
Patrick Moore

United States

#23 Jun 10, 2009
My brothers use to tell me about a ghost named MODI up in the grave yard. They sayed they use to a light up at the old brick building but when they would walk there it would disappear. Dont knoe if its true or not but old man Blankenship who use to live in the house next to the graveyard on cemetary street would tell me the same story. And way day he walked me up behind his house at the edge of the graveyard and there is a tombstone there by itself with the name MODI on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mannington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos da baddist woman? (Sep '16) Sun Mantang 24
Mannington PD scared little kids Sun LMAOLOL 9
Matthew Delovich-Thief??? Sun Stitches 8
North Marion Football Sat Just the Facts 35
Cody Hinerman since prison (Oct '17) Oct 11 cell mate 3
Has everyone noticed how Tasha T. Is on the Me... Oct 9 Ihatemethheads 2
Damon sturgeon Sep 27 Amber 10

Mannington Jobs

Personal Finance

Mannington Mortgages